ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What is That Delightful Smell? Or, Is Something Burning?

Can you reveal what store you can pop into that has tomahawk cuts? Assuming you're in PA, that might be good intel.
I went to Smithmeyers in Loretto (Cambria County). I missed out on the tomahawk (sold out). But I did get some NY strips. And I had them cut a tomahawk thick ribeye for me. I cooked it Pittsburgh rare and dusted the whole steak.

They don't always carry tomahawk cuts. I think it was a father's day special. They do typically carry tri tips though, which are hard to find here. They actually have a special now, a whole ribeye for 12.99 a pound. That's a steal if you got the freezer room.

For what it's worth, Sam's Club in Altoona always seems to have tomahawks. I have purchased a lot of their beef and it's been really good.

Reactions: nerfstate
I went to Smithmeyers in Loretto (Cambria County). I missed out on the tomahawk (sold out). But I did get some NY strips. And I had them cut a tomahawk thick ribeye for me. I cooked it Pittsburgh rare and dusted the whole steak.

They don't always carry tomahawk cuts. I think it was a father's day special. They do typically carry tri tips though, which are hard to find here. They actually have a special now, a whole ribeye for 12.99 a pound. That's a steal if you got the freezer room.

For what it's worth, Sam's Club in Altoona always seems to have tomahawks. I have purchased a lot of their beef and it's been really good.
Whole ribeyes $8.99/lb here this week. Too bad I don't have the room now.

Reactions: PAgeologist
I need a new recipe with bacon in it, any ideas?
tumblr_inline_mk9l0pGlwR1qz4rgp.gif

Reactions: 82bordeaux
An easy fun one is this...

Chop 1 lb. Of good bacon. Mix with 1lb. Of 80-90% ground beef and make burgers out of them.

I called them Rasher Burgers at my place and sold a ton of them.
My dad grinds his own burger. He bought whole (unsliced) bacon and mixed it with his grind. Absolutely fantastic burgers.

• Love
Reactions: PASLP2 and hlstone
Reactions: Delcolion915
I bit the bullet, I'll make room one way or the other. Thing was just shy of 16#. Need to vacuum seal the steaks tonight.
Nice. I would have but I need too much room for food till after our party.

I am cleaning out our freezer. Got out some short ribs, a brisket flat, and part of a pork belly for this week.

Reactions: nittinsc
Nice. I would have but I need too much room for food till after our party.

I am cleaning out our freezer. Got out some short ribs, a brisket flat, and part of a pork belly for this week.
All right, you've been talking about this party for long enough...are we invited or not?

• Haha
Reactions: PAgeologist
Mine are plate, cut into about 2 inch segments. I have done oven braised and they are great. Looking for other options.
Mine ended up being 2 ribs cut around 8 inches long. I used salt and pepper and smoked to 200. I thought they came out pretty good. Most of the fat rendered out and the meat was tender.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT