ADVERTISEMENT

OT - what's your favorite breakfast meat

OT - What's your favorite breakfast meat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nitwit

Jul 18, 2001
Pennsylvania
I don't often eat big breakfasts but if I am up a few hours beforehand, like yesterday, I like to go whole hog, so to speak, and do the eggs, hash browns, toast, and some sort of meat. Yesterday I went for the scrapple, having not done that in probably a year or so, and was served two large pieces - more than I could finish. So it got me wondering if next time out, I should order another option. Often I'm happy enough to go meatless in favor of a mushroom omelette or some such item, but since this is a football board I figured we have enough carnivores here for a good poll. What say you posters?

edit - don't know how to remove "probably" from the title of the poll, sorry about that and the other typos.

Last edited:
Reactions: mn78psu83
I don't often eat big breakfasts but if I am up a few hours beforehand, like yesterday, I like to go whole hog, so to speak, and do the eggs, hash browns, toast, and some sort of meat. Yesterday I went for the scrapple, having not done that in probably a year or so, and was served two large pieces - more than I could finish. So it got me wondering if next time out, I should order another option. Often I'm happy enough to go meatless in favor of a mushroom omelette or some such item, but since this is a football board I figured we have enough carnivores here for a good poll. What say you posters?

Sausage - links preferably.

Why confine yourself to just one? A fine sampling of them all seems to be in order.

Actually, I prefer turkey bacon. I have tried to reduce sodium levels and I find that regular bacon so to speak now is too salty for my taste. I will join Midnighter and say that some fine sausage links will always be appreciated. But my go to is three pieces of nicely cooked turkey bacon.

Top 4 in order: Bacon, scrapple (sentimental), sausage, chipped beef (having it this morning with scrambled eggs, toast and a Satsuma orange - coffee of course).

Been doing the Caveman diet for about a month. One egg and two slices of Canadian bacon smothered with cayenne pepper accompanied by a handful of berries has been my breakfast everyday.

Mine is sausage, in patty format.
My next two faves aren’t listed, kielbasa and gyro “meat”

Breakfast and The Pig - Perfect Together.

I like them all, I really developed a taste for creamed chipped beef on toast (SOS) from my Navy days. Never had blood pudding. My least favorite is prolly corned beef hash - all the others are in a first place tie.

Is there anything more decadent than steak and eggs for breakfast?

Been doing the Caveman diet for about a month. One egg and two slices of Canadian bacon smothered with cayenne pepper accompanied by a handful of berries has been my breakfast everyday.

How is the diet going? Successful? I've recently gone oatmeal with fruit, salad, and fish, chicken, or turkey for my meals. Veggies and fruit or both with each meal.

ya i think he changed that to canadian bacon

Smirk_400x400.jpg

How is the diet going? Successful? I've recently gone oatmeal with fruit, salad, and fish, chicken, or turkey for my meals. Veggies and fruit or both with each meal.

It's going well and I actually like eating this way. Basically, if a cavemen couldnt find it or kill it, you don't eat it. I have not lost much weight, but I have slimmed down a bit and I have more energy. I also hit the gym 3-4 times a week. I'm 6'-0", started the diet at 212 now down to 204. My goal is 190. This time of year is difficult with holiday parties, etc, though. Cavemen didn't eat Christmas cookies or have cocktails.

Reactions: vops

edit - don't know how to remove "probably" from the title of the poll, sorry about that and the other typos.
That was a real tough poll to answer, with so many options for #1.
My main meat is canned Treet, sliced-fried, chopped, and mixed with scrambled eggs to make an omelet. With that said, I LOVE bacon, sausage, ham, and SCRAPPLE!

Breakfast and The Pig - Perfect Together.

I like them all, I really developed a taste for creamed chipped beef on toast (SOS) from my Navy days. Never had blood pudding. My least favorite is prolly corned beef hash - all the others are in a first place tie.

Is there anything more decadent than steak and eggs for breakfast?
Eggs Benedict is pretty decadent because of the hollandaise sauce.

Toss up for me between bacon and scrapple... love spam too. Love sausage, especially in various diners in NJ. Have trouble finding good sausage here in central Pa, oddly enough. Also loved the sausage I had in England years ago- uniquely different than ours and really good.

Never enough bacon!

Reactions: Nitwit
It's going well and I actually like eating this way. Basically, if a cavemen couldnt find it or kill it, you don't eat it. I have not lost much weight, but I have slimmed down a bit and I have more energy. I also hit the gym 3-4 times a week. I'm 6'-0", started the diet at 212 now down to 204. My goal is 190. This time of year is difficult with holiday parties, etc, though. Cavemen didn't eat Christmas cookies or have cocktails.

I'm about in the same boat. Just started this week. I've been riding my stationary bike and walking. Would like to see 185 at the finish line but 190 works too. Stay the course and post back with your progress.

Go all out and do a 'full English breakfast'. Bacon, sausage, blood pudding along with eggs, toast, baked beans (Heinz), broiled tomatoes and mushrooms. Baked beans and broiled tomatoes sounds weird but they are essential.
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cookbook:English_Breakfast

Reactions: Nitwit

Scrapple - made from "that part of the pig of which he has least reason to be proud"*.

*Several versions variously attributed, but first to Jonathan Swift.

I grew up in Philadelphia and have fond memories of my mother cooking scrapple for us on occasion. I moved to North Carolina 40 years ago and was introduced to livermush. It's the some unmentionable parts of the pig, but isn't as spicy as scrapple. I've even attended a hog killing down here and was treated to fresh, pure (no cornmeal) livermush a few days later. Since livermush isn't an option, I'm voting for scrapple.

Last edited:
Nitwit, you have the poll set so that folks can only vote for 1. You can do that, if you want. From the responses, it seems that several folks are happy with 2 or 3, with no real favorite. Something to consider.

Nitwit, you have the poll set so that folks can only vote for 1. You can do that, if you want. From the responses, it seems that several folks are happy with 2 or 3, with no real favorite. Something to consider.
Thanks Tom, I made the change for all those who wish to cast another vote.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT