ADVERTISEMENT

PA HS Wrestling thread

For those who follow middle school wrestling, good article from PA Wrestling Word on Rokfin breaking down the districts and schools of the PJW tournament medalists. It would be interesting to see a comparison of PJW results and High School results 4years later. I’m guessing not many of the HS place winners yesterday didn’t also have a handful of PJW medals as well.

This is a paywall site:

For those who follow middle school wrestling, good article from PA Wrestling Word on Rokfin breaking down the districts and schools of the PJW tournament medalists. It would be interesting to see a comparison of PJW results and High School results 4years later. I’m guessing not many of the HS place winners yesterday didn’t also have a handful of PJW medals as well.

This is a paywall site:

Also how many PJW champs became fabulously wealthy.

micah-parsons.gif

Haven’t seen confirmation anywhere but believe Connor Harer committed to Rutgers today. Was an open secret for months now
Goodale tweeted a Boom! this afternoon, so probably true, or maybe he has Tourette's.

Though the Rutgers folks think they're getting Harvard HWT grad transfer Slavikouski, and he did visit there, so maybe him or both.

Goodale tweeted a Boom! this afternoon, so probably true, or maybe he has Tourette's.

Though the Rutgers folks think they're getting Harvard HWT grad transfer Slavikouski, and he did visit there, so maybe him or both.
If it’s not Harer this time, it will be soon enough

his booms end up being more like duds!

To be fair, sometimes it seems like Goodale might post a "BOOM!" if he made a doodie in the pottie. That's how impactful most of them are. Weird there's been no followup to it, though.

Connor is a great wrestler and person. Best of luck. B10 schedule will be something he isn’t used to with Montgomerys cake walk schedule. I think the kids going to big ten Schools need to be able to grind all season. Connor was challenged one time all year because of his schedule. Denny needs to change that for him and Brandt

What is the story with Perry and Central MT? Guess he won’t be wrestling there last year and they denied him a wrestle off with Simcox. He will actually be better off just for going his junior and senior year to get in the NLWC room. Could turn into a good misfortune.

What is the story with Perry and Central MT? Guess he won’t be wrestling there last year and they denied him a wrestle off with Simcox. He will actually be better off just for going his junior and senior year to get in the NLWC room. Could turn into a good misfortune.
Would explain a lot. Wondered he went up to 139 when he looked overpowered there

Skipping junior and senior year seems excessive, there has to be another school he can enroll at maybe? McCort? Lol

Reactions: Skoal117
Skipping junior and senior year seems excessive, there has to be another school he can enroll at maybe? McCort? Lol
They are a flash in the pan. Remind me of the old shady side academy experiment or St Joe’s. Alot of noise for a 3 year span

The first 3 paragraphs are Exhibit A of the teenager decision-making process:

When Hempfield senior Lucas Kapusta visited Lock Haven last summer, he made a connection with assistant coach Nate Carr.

But when Carr left to take a coaching job at Davidson, Kapusta took Lock Haven off his list.

“I loved the coaches and school, but when Nate left, it played with my mind,” Kapusta said. “But when I made my official visit to Lock Haven, I changed my mind again. It didn’t hurt that Ty (Linsenbigler) was my host.”

He took an official visit to a school that wasn't on his list of schools.

Willochell heading to Wyoming is a good get for the Cowboys. He just scratched the surface of his potential at Boro as a NQ. His quote to the Trib was somewhat telling too: “I never thought I’d leave Edinboro, but I look forward to a new opportunity.”

Tons of Respect to them. They should have from the beginning. Do we think Faith academy and NDGP does the same. That would really change AA.

PIAA should make any team with more than one transfer.

Reactions: hlstone
My guess is that it won't happen until 24-25 when the new cycle starts. Will be interesting to see if Faith Christian follows. My guess is that Faith bumps with McCort and ND stays AA.

BTW... McCort put 2 on the U17 Greco world team today and Faith a third.

Reactions: danoftw and hlstone
My guess is that it won't happen until 24-25 when the new cycle starts. Will be interesting to see if Faith Christian follows. My guess is that Faith bumps with McCort and ND stays AA.

BTW... McCort put 2 on the U17 Greco world team today and Faith a third.
Greco wrestling doesn’t count. If you wrestle it you either love wrestling, completely nuts or tough as nails. OR you know you have no chance to making a FS team

Greco wrestling doesn’t count. If you wrestle it you either love wrestling, completely nuts or tough as nails. OR you know you have no chance to making a FS team
Them's fighting words. We love greco. I think you'll see more guys doing both going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT