ADVERTISEMENT

PA HS Wrestling thread

I went to a season-ending picnic for my college's wrestling team. That's when I learned that all the coaches on the team are primarily Greco guys. Guess that's why my team can't wrestle folkstyle worth a darn.
I watched some of the Greco at the Open. It was mostly dancing. But the last bout I watched, a guy made a beautiful throw. He threw his opponent on his back for 15-30 seconds, barely missing the fall - coulda been called, but who knows what constitutes a pin in Greco? Finally the guy on bottom fights off his back and the ref stops the action. The score? 2-0. I slammed my fist on my desk and turned off the darn program. I said, screw it. I'll never figure out this sport.

I felt almost as confused as when I spent 3 hours watching a cricket match between two teams with crazed, fanatical fans. After all that time, I understood nothing. It started on a Sunday morning, so I wasn't even drunk.

I did watch a few of Adam Waters bouts. He won U17 Greco and placed 4th in U17 Free.

I got to watch one round and it was the last round. PA didn’t win many matches. It was ugly
Hey, not sure what thread u posted it in but u can relax on Kavin Muyleart going to Notre Dame or FCA. Word on the street is that he is going to Malvern Prep.

That was the other one I heard. I am sure he looked at a few. He is a rising star. They moved from Maryland to wrestle in PA. They wrestle a national circuit. I am sure he looked at multiple programs

I am confused catching up on U17 matches. Were all the matches only 4 minutes. I thought in the past they were six minutes like the juniors. I am not a big fan of the short match. Lots of Results would have been different in the senior level if the matches were only four. Paniro and Jordan Williams would be tough to beat. Aaron Brooks, Zane Richards and Nick Lee would have all lost.

I am confused catching up on U17 matches. Were all the matches only 4 minutes. I thought in the past they were six minutes like the juniors. I am not a big fan of the short match. Lots of Results would have been different in the senior level if the matches were only four. Paniro and Jordan Williams would be tough to beat. Aaron Brooks, Zane Richards and Nick Lee would have all lost.
All matches at U17 are 4 min matches. Definitely short matches but at worlds the US team still is able to use pace as a weapon.

Breaking someone in four minutes is hard. I watched many Matches this weekend and didn’t see one kid break in the short matches. It’s shocking the euros break. They sure do in six minutes at the senior level.
Forrest and Rath had a better chance of those matches were longer

This has been known for a little while but Mutarelli is leaving Malvern and returning to his home district of Council Rock South. Whether or not he can compete in the postseason will depend on his appeal of the automatic 1 year ban

Reactions: BrockBronson
This has been known for a little while but Mutarelli is leaving Malvern and returning to his home district of Council Rock South. Whether or not he can compete in the postseason will depend on his appeal of the automatic 1 year ban
He is a great wrestler and will add to AAA. I talked to his dad years ago, nice guy. He will be just fine since he is D11. He will be cleared.

• Haha
Reactions: PAwrestling
Provided he doesn’t get convinced to change his verbal, I’m intrigued to see how he develops under Flynn, Moore and Port. Flynn is a goddamn magician when it comes to developing lesser known talent let alone known commodities like Rune

That interview where Rune’s dad said “that Cael barely spoke during the visit and encouraged Rune to take his time” was a clear sign where this recruitment was headed.

That interview where Rune’s dad said “that Cael barely spoke during the visit and encouraged Rune to take his time” was a clear sign where this recruitment was headed.
His HS is 2 - 2.5 hours drive from PSU, definitely a kid you visit and show your interest in adding him if he's willing to walk on at first. Chances are, PSU could be his dream school and Cael visiting can sell a kid in itself.

What the PIAA and Lehigh valley did to him was crappy. I still don’t think it was the main reason he is recommitting from Lehigh.

What the PIAA and Lehigh valley did to him was crappy. I still don’t think it was the main reason he is recommitting from Lehigh.
What the PIAA did was follow its own published rules.

I don't agree with the rule, but let's not pretend they did something to him. If he didn't understand the rule or thought he was exempt, that's on him.

What the Lehigh Valley did to him ... lol.

He is a good friend who I am very happy for. He does everything the right way, and that is not hyperbole.

His legacy includes not only the most successful D1 program but also scores of young men who were positively impacted by his guidance. And he'd be the first to point out the assistance of Trap and the very large CRS family.

Bored, stuck at work post. I been hearing more and more HS wrestlers are being held back, home schooled and now parents are getting their kids on prescribed Growth Hormone or Testosterone. The holdback thing is crazy enough, but now HS kids who are homeschooled to get in more workouts. Could you imagine how this will affect them socially later in life.
Then roids in HS and I don’t mean kids to try to get their weight up to 106. This is apparently being abused by a lot of people. Disgusting to me.

Bored, stuck at work post. I been hearing more and more HS wrestlers are being held back, home schooled and now parents are getting their kids on prescribed Growth Hormone or Testosterone. The holdback thing is crazy enough, but now HS kids who are homeschooled to get in more workouts. Could you imagine how this will affect them socially later in life.
Then roids in HS and I don’t mean kids to try to get their weight up to 106. This is apparently being abused by a lot of people. Disgusting to me.
That's just awful.

The growth hormone thing is real. I coach youth wrestling and football and have 2 sons in those sports. What I hear of other parents doing to kids at such young ages for their sports success is scary.

Parents are giving their kids GH and Test a lot more than everyone thinks. They find doctors who are prescribing it. We are talking kids who aren’t under the 106 weight. Some of these kids are average wrestlers and then take these roids and turn into much better wrestlers. I heard this and asked around. How is this legit and ok? How can regular wrestlers compete against kids taking test and HGH? There is a reason it’s outlawed in NCAA and professional sports but it’s used more than ever in youth and HS.

Parents are giving their kids GH and Test a lot more than everyone thinks. They find doctors who are prescribing it. We are talking kids who aren’t under the 106 weight. Some of these kids are average wrestlers and then take these roids and turn into much better wrestlers. I heard this and asked around. How is this legit and ok? How can regular wrestlers compete against kids taking test and HGH? There is a reason it’s outlawed in NCAA and professional sports but it’s used more than ever in youth and HS.
I wonder what happens once they get to college and start having random drug testing? Maybe the doctors are prescribing it though? Seems crazy. I had a teammate in college drive to Mexico to buy steroids. He got so big and strong it was crazy. It was so obvious though and he got busted during a random UA

I think if it’s prescribed they are ok, even in the ncaa. Like most things, it’s abused and improperly used.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT