ADVERTISEMENT

PA Power True Power Event

BrockBronson

May 20, 2021
I just got to watch some of the matches. Big surprises- Gibson and Perry go down. Herring gets upset.

Dillard beats AA State champion again. Evanitsky is under the radar and really good. He lost a close one at AA states last year to Crookham. Tonight he beats up Gaj who has been killing lately. Basset destroys Fanella who was 30-0 going into Regionals last year. I think it was 20-4 in 1:30. Ridiculous pace and skills. Kilkreary matched Gibsons strength. Boring match. Perry got ripped and had two at the end. Ref was clueless

Reactions: danoftw and hlstone
Perry got ripped and had two at the end. Ref was clueless
Here's the final sequence. Perry could've done some things differently to make the call easier for the ref: get off his own hip, break Consiglio's hands, and control the head. (Sink the half!)

Also there's that not getting off bottom thing.

Perry wins with college rules -- from that position he works into the neutral danger call.

Reactions: danoftw
I agree- made it hard to call but I still think it was two.
different subject- what was up with the weird looking robes. It looked very strange and had me confused

There had to be over 20 D1 programs scouting this today Kasak was in a tough match in the first round and pulled it out. Then in the second match was pinned. Kasak is great and so glad he is a Penn stater but what is up with him getting pinned (states, Wno and today) Fight off your back son. I went today to see him wrestle Duke. That would of been worth the price of admission

Duke knows how to win and won a crazy bracket. It looks like Blair dominated but McGowan was there coaching. Blair’s mid and uppers are monsters. I don’t see Sem beating them this year. Mcorts duo both continue to put it on the line and impress every week. Forest is so good and Basset TF everyone again. These guys are helping each other jump levels. Rune Lawerance needs to come to PSU, he is an upper weight on a different level
I am surprised more Pa guys weren’t there since it was in central PA.
M2 had a solid showing with Manville and Johnson both placing.
There is no question why Pinnancle, Izzy, Monster Garage, Buxton, M2 all continue to push out the best kids in the country. Their all in and their coaches are at every national event. Corey Clark, Mocco, Cornell Robinson, Coach Valencia (Zahids Dad), Buxton, Jerrad Lawerance are some of the top coaches in the country and were all there.

only negative is how much money they charge and then made you pay $10 leaving for parking but honestly to get an event like this to Central pa it’s worth it.

There had to be over 20 D1 programs scouting this today Kasak was in a tough match in the first round and pulled it out. Then in the second match was pinned. Kasak is great and so glad he is a Penn stater but what is up with him getting pinned (states, Wno and today) Fight off your back son. I went today to see him wrestle Duke. That would of been worth the price of admission

Duke knows how to win and won a crazy bracket. It looks like Blair dominated but McGowan was there coaching. Blair’s mid and uppers are monsters. I don’t see Sem beating them this year. Mcorts duo both continue to put it on the line and impress every week. Forest is so good and Basset TF everyone again. These guys are helping each other jump levels. Rune Lawerance needs to come to PSU, he is an upper weight on a different level
There is no question why Pinnancle, Izzy, Monster Garage, Buxton, M2 all continue to push out the best kids in the country. Their all in and their coaches are at every national event. Corey Clark, Mocco, Cornell Robinson, Coach Valencia (Zahids Dad), Buxton, Jerrad Lawerance are some of the top coaches in the country and were all there.

only negative is how much money they charge and then made you pay $10 leaving for parking but honestly to get an event like this to Central pa it’s worth it.
You sure Kasak got pinned?

Because FloArena says he injury defaulted while winning 4-2.

in the years ahead, I fear NIL will trickle down. Its already talked about in HS sports, so it will happen in time in any sport at any age I fear. Too much money out there, too much need for money and too much focus on winning at all costs.

The club circuit in any sport will become a mini pro sports league. So good kids will get shoes, clothes, a stipend, etc.

Probably will turn out some great athletes, but may make many terrible people along the way.

in the years ahead, I fear NIL will trickle down. Its already talked about in HS sports, so it will happen in time in any sport at any age I fear. Too much money out there, too much need for money and too much focus on winning at all costs.

The club circuit in any sport will become a mini pro sports league. So good kids will get shoes, clothes, a stipend, etc.

Probably will turn out some great athletes, but may make many terrible people along the way.
Guess what bro, its already happening, has been for many years. I personally know of friends kids getting Swag and merch. Mostly club baseball kids, but knew of dirtbike/4 wheeler racers and a couple very competitive skateboarders, all young teenagers.
Advertisers are CONSTANTLY looking for opportunities and not one thing illegal about it.

So good kids will get shoes, clothes, a stipend, etc.
I guess concerned individuals might look into donations earmarked for developing wrestlers who haven't achieved that level of notoriety. Off hand from the boards, I know there's:

And closer to home there's

Does anyone know whether M2 accepts need-based donations for "club scholarships" of developing wrestlers?

That's something I'd consider in addition to NLWC donations.

Reactions: BrockBronson
Kasak actually got injured early in his first match. Took injury time up 4-1 about a minute in and then only scored an escape the rest of the way. Clearly whatever it was was bothering him.

I guess concerned individuals might look into donations earmarked for developing wrestlers who haven't achieved that level of notoriety. Off hand from the boards, I know there's:

And closer to home there's

Does anyone know whether M2 accepts need-based donations for "club scholarships" of developing wrestlers?

That's something I'd consider in addition to NLWC donations.
This is a great idea.

ADVERTISEMENT