ADVERTISEMENT

PA Regionals weekend

Grizzly migrating all the way to PA is unlikely. Must have escaped from some kind of zoo.
Certainly rare to say the least. Maybe you could ask the little fella where he came from?

IMG_1339-696x392.png

Reactions: nitlion6
Certainly rare to say the least. Maybe you could ask the little fella where he came from?

IMG_1339-696x392.png
My neighbors in suburban Hillsgrove have reported seeing the "little fella" on various occasions. Several years ago a mountain lion was reportedly roaming the neighborhood,

My neighbors in suburban Hillsgrove have reported seeing the "little fella" on various occasions. Several years ago a mountain lion was reportedly roaming the neighborhood,
Interesting neighborhood.

To digress further, I lived in several different places in PA, but very little experience with the Northern Tier.
Someday, I'd like to make the trip across US Route 6 the length of the state from Ohio to NY.

Any posters know that route well, and have some must see stops?

To digress further, I lived in several different places in PA, but very little experience with the Northern Tier.
Someday, I'd like to make the trip across US Route 6 the length of the state from Ohio to NY.

Great golf course in wellsboro if you like that sort of thing. PA grand canyon is right there as well. Funny story I was hiking the grand canyon a few years ago and on the path came across a gentleman wearing a yellow Iowa wrestling shirt. I was wearing a Penn state shirt. I asked if he was an Iowa fan and he laughed and said he had to wear it because he lost a bet. Hmmmmmmm

Reactions: Ja1339 and royboy
Great golf course in wellsboro if you like that sort of thing. PA grand canyon is right there as well. Funny story I was hiking the grand canyon a few years ago and on the path came across a gentleman wearing a yellow Iowa wrestling shirt. I was wearing a Penn state shirt. I asked if he was an Iowa fan and he laughed and said he had to wear it because he lost a bet. Hmmmmmmm
My parents ran Tyoga CC in '66 for a couple of years. Back when it was only 9 holes. I started playing golf there as a young guy. The view from up on top ( now the back 9) was and still is spectacular in the Fall. Great area to grow up in......still is a very nice place.

Last summer, two separate friends of mine caught pictures of a mountain lion on their game cameras, in northern Wayne county.

Reactions: d-1980

If you like wilderness, with a spattering of small towns along the way, you’ll love it.

Last edited:
Reactions: royboy
Where in Sullivan County does Higley reside? I have a cabin in suburban Hillsgrove.

I would go bear hunting in Sullivan County years ago when I still lived in PA

My Mom was born in Hillsgrove. To be precise, she was born in the back of what is now the Hillsgrove General Store. Her family home along with the rt. 87 bridge over Mill Creek washed away a couple years ago.

Reactions: Creek Side

Pa Lumber museum between Galeton and Coudersport. The Ice mine in Coudersport and Cherry Springs State Park at night if you like the dark. These are not the most exciting but something to see along the way.

Reactions: royboy

www.roadsideamerica.com

Has a google map of road trip attractions for each state. Some serious, some a lot less serious.

www.roadsideamerica.com

Has a google map of road trip attractions for each state. Some serious, some a lot less serious.
thanks for all the replies on the northern tier of PA

I've lived in NC for over 30 years, but one of the things I still try to follow are the PIAA wrestling tournaments; just seeing the team names and towns brings back lots of memories, and it's great to see each new generation of PA wrestlers

Keep up the good work and commentary.

Reactions: danoftw
A potter lion can be seen frequently outside of Coudersport early in the morning. You don't have to be quiet or anything, just find the right diner.

Reactions: billrag

My Mom was born in Hillsgrove. To be precise, she was born in the back of what is now the Hillsgrove General Store. Her family home along with the rt. 87 bridge over Mill Creek washed away a couple years ago.
Gumby 79---

Gumby 79----Google Hillsgrove Bridge Jumping, it's a hoot.

Reactions: nitlion6
Grizzly bear story is on a spoof site. Would be carrying regularly if their was a grizzly in the Pennsylvania woods.

Brackets here: http://live.pa-wrestling.com

Trey Kibe should cruise thru NW AAA 160 170. Likely finals opponent either Lance Urbas (State College), who he beat at D6s, or Trent Tidball (Meadville).

Ryan Crookham will face returning state finalist and M2 trainee Levi Haines at the SE AA 126 finals.

Hayden Cunningham has a tough draw at NW AAA 106. Will face Jacob Van Dee (Erie Prep) in the semis – returning SQ, only losses this year to Church and Kasak. Win that and he gets Mifflin County’s defending regional champ Nic Allison, who beat Cunningham 3x this year (including D6 finals).

Some other potential matchups to watch this weekend … finals unless otherwise noted. This is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all wrestlers to watch – rather, the better matchups. Some of the best wrestlers won’t have much of a test until states.

AAA:

SC – held last weekend (results below):
160 – Clayton Ulrey (Lower Dauphin) dec Luke Nichter (Chambersburg) 7-5 SV

NE:
106 – Tyler Kasak (Beca) vs. Sean Logue (Father Judge) – in semis
132 – Kenny Herrmann (Beca) vs. Patrick Noonan (Stroudsburg)
145 – Jagger Condomitti (Northampton) vs. Cole Handlovic (Beca)
152 – Nathan Stefanik (Nazareth) vs. Matt Lackman (Beca)
170 – Lenny Pinto (Stroudsburg) vs. Angel Garcia (Bracetti Academy)

SW:
106 – Ty Watters (North Allegheny) vs. Mac Church (Waynesburg Central) – Watters beat Church at sectionals
126 – Kurtis Phipps (Norwin, state finalist) vs. Finn Solomon (Franklin Regional) – semis – Solomon beat Phipps at sectionals (why are they on the same side?); winner gets Rocco Welsh (Waynesburg Central) in finals
132 – Alejandro Herrera (Seneca Valley, 2x state champ) vs. Gabe Willochell (Latrobe)
138 – Sam Hillegas (North Hills, 2x state champ) vs. Wyatt Henson (Waynesburg Central)

NW:
106: Hayden Cunningham (State College) vs. Jacob Van Dee (Erie Prep) – semis; winner gets Nic Allison (Mifflin County) in finals
145 – Paniro Johnson (Erie Prep) vs. Cade Balestrini (Shik)
220 – Nate Schon (Selinsgrove, defending state champ) vs. Dorian Crosby (Erie Prep)

SE:
120 – Kyle Hauserman (CR North) vs. Killian Delaney (WC Henderson, returning state finalist) – semis

AA:

SW – held last weekend (results below):
113 – Joey Fischer (South Park) dec Kai Burkett (Chestnut Ridge) 1-0
132 – Brock McMillen (Glendale) dec Ian Oswalt (Burrell) 3-1 SV
138 – Kaden Cassidy (Bedford) dec Zack Witmer (St. Joe’s) 6-0
145 – Gage McClenahan (BEA) dec Erik Gibson (Forest Hills) 5-4
170 – Tyler Stoltzfus (St. Joe’s) dec Trent Schultheis (Freedom) 6-4 SV

NE:
106 – Jaden Pepe (Wyoming Area) vs. Cade Wirnsberger (Meadowbrook Christian)
120 – Sheldon Seymour (Troy, returning state champ) vs. Kole Biscoe (Southern Columbia, returning state finalist) – semis; winner gets Gable Strickland (Benton) in the finals. These are 3 of the 5 best wrestlers in the state (with the SE 120 finalists being the other two).
126 – Dave Evans (Tunkhannock) vs. Jacob Blair (Muncy)
145 – Nathan Higley (Sullivan County) vs. Avery Bassett (Midd-West)
160 – Gavin Garcia (Southern Columbia) vs. Nolan Lear (Benton)

NW:
138 – Kenny Kiser (Saegertown) vs. Zach Holland (Curwensville)

SE:
120 – Nate Smith (Bishop McDevitt) vs. Brandan Chletsos (NDGP)
126 – Ryan Crookham (NDGP, returning state champ) vs. Levi Haines (Biglerville, returning state finalist)
Excellent work!

The Kettle Creek Inn I found is in Westport. There's a Deb's Cross Fork Inn in Cross Fork?

Was just up that way on Friday at The Mountain Top Inn in Haneyville.
I bet your right. My wife grew up behind Debs I think kettle Creek inn is in Westport. .kickass breakfast.

The Kettle Creek Inn I found is in Westport. There's a Deb's Cross Fork Inn in Cross Fork?

Was just up that way on Friday at The Mountain Top Inn in Haneyville.
Small world. My wife and I were going to go to either the Mtn Top or the Black Forest on Friday night. Haven't been into the Mtn Top in years. When were out that way we usually enjoy the ride out to Black Forest. We bickered back and forth because neither of us would decide which to go to so we just stayed home and ordered take out.

Small world. My wife and I were going to go to either the Mtn Top or the Black Forest on Friday night. Haven't been into the Mtn Top in years. When were out that way we usually enjoy the ride out to Black Forest. We bickered back and forth because neither of us would decide which to go to so we just stayed home and ordered take out.
Where's mountain top is that the old Pat Reeders? Of course you could just go to creekside lol

Reactions: LHavenlion
Where's mountain top is that the old Pat Reeders? Of course you could just go to creekside lol
It's right at the intersection of Rt 664 (Coudersport Pike) and Rt 44 out in Haneyville. I believe the ownership has changed somewhat recently and have a different menu from years past.

It's right at the intersection of Rt 664 (Coudersport Pike) and Rt 44 out in Haneyville. I believe the ownership has changed somewhat recently and have a different menu from years past.
I've been hearing about that place. Think the plan is to go next Friday. Think they put a nice outside area there to eat.

Yep. I went in with low expectations, but had one of the best cuts of ribeye I've ever had. Just a tad overdone ( Group of 20, what do you expect?), but the cut, itself, was excellent.

Might be one of Blaise Alexander's sons or grandsons that owns it.

Edit: wrong car family. It's one of Don Breons family.

Last edited:
Brackets here: http://live.pa-wrestling.com

Trey Kibe should cruise thru NW AAA 160 170. Likely finals opponent either Lance Urbas (State College), who he beat at D6s, or Trent Tidball (Meadville).

Ryan Crookham will face returning state finalist and M2 trainee Levi Haines at the SE AA 126 finals.

Hayden Cunningham has a tough draw at NW AAA 106. Will face Jacob Van Dee (Erie Prep) in the semis – returning SQ, only losses this year to Church and Kasak. Win that and he gets Mifflin County’s defending regional champ Nic Allison, who beat Cunningham 3x this year (including D6 finals).

Some other potential matchups to watch this weekend … finals unless otherwise noted. This is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all wrestlers to watch – rather, the better matchups. Some of the best wrestlers won’t have much of a test until states.

AAA:

SC – held last weekend (results below):
160 – Clayton Ulrey (Lower Dauphin) dec Luke Nichter (Chambersburg) 7-5 SV

NE:
106 – Tyler Kasak (Beca) vs. Sean Logue (Father Judge) – in semis
132 – Kenny Herrmann (Beca) vs. Patrick Noonan (Stroudsburg)
145 – Jagger Condomitti (Northampton) vs. Cole Handlovic (Beca)
152 – Nathan Stefanik (Nazareth) vs. Matt Lackman (Beca)
170 – Lenny Pinto (Stroudsburg) vs. Angel Garcia (Bracetti Academy)

SW:
106 – Ty Watters (North Allegheny) vs. Mac Church (Waynesburg Central) – Watters beat Church at sectionals
126 – Kurtis Phipps (Norwin, state finalist) vs. Finn Solomon (Franklin Regional) – semis – Solomon beat Phipps at sectionals (why are they on the same side?); winner gets Rocco Welsh (Waynesburg Central) in finals
132 – Alejandro Herrera (Seneca Valley, 2x state champ) vs. Gabe Willochell (Latrobe)
138 – Sam Hillegas (North Hills, 2x state champ) vs. Wyatt Henson (Waynesburg Central)

NW:
106: Hayden Cunningham (State College) vs. Jacob Van Dee (Erie Prep) – semis; winner gets Nic Allison (Mifflin County) in finals
145 – Paniro Johnson (Erie Prep) vs. Cade Balestrini (Shik)
220 – Nate Schon (Selinsgrove, defending state champ) vs. Dorian Crosby (Erie Prep)

SE:
120 – Kyle Hauserman (CR North) vs. Killian Delaney (WC Henderson, returning state finalist) – semis

AA:

SW – held last weekend (results below):
113 – Joey Fischer (South Park) dec Kai Burkett (Chestnut Ridge) 1-0
132 – Brock McMillen (Glendale) dec Ian Oswalt (Burrell) 3-1 SV
138 – Kaden Cassidy (Bedford) dec Zack Witmer (St. Joe’s) 6-0
145 – Gage McClenahan (BEA) dec Erik Gibson (Forest Hills) 5-4
170 – Tyler Stoltzfus (St. Joe’s) dec Trent Schultheis (Freedom) 6-4 SV

NE:
106 – Jaden Pepe (Wyoming Area) vs. Cade Wirnsberger (Meadowbrook Christian)
120 – Sheldon Seymour (Troy, returning state champ) vs. Kole Biscoe (Southern Columbia, returning state finalist) – semis; winner gets Gable Strickland (Benton) in the finals. These are 3 of the 5 best wrestlers in the state (with the SE 120 finalists being the other two).
126 – Dave Evans (Tunkhannock) vs. Jacob Blair (Muncy)
145 – Nathan Higley (Sullivan County) vs. Avery Bassett (Midd-West)
160 – Gavin Garcia (Southern Columbia) vs. Nolan Lear (Benton)

NW:
138 – Kenny Kiser (Saegertown) vs. Zach Holland (Curwensville)

SE:
120 – Nate Smith (Bishop McDevitt) vs. Brandan Chletsos (NDGP)
126 – Ryan Crookham (NDGP, returning state champ) vs. Levi Haines (Biglerville, returning state finalist)
Hayden if he can get to the finals can beat Allison. Last weekend he was up 2 with 8 seconds left before he got thrown to his back. He has also teched Allsion in freestyle. Very beatable for Hayden if he can get there

ADVERTISEMENT