ADVERTISEMENT

PA States brackets and worthless predictions

El-Jefe

Jul 27, 2012
AAA: http://live.pa-wrestling.com/2019-2020/piaa-class-aaa/
AA: http://live.pa-wrestling.com/2019-2020/piaa-class-aa/

Initial look at PSU commits and potential recruits of interest:
- Trey Kibe -- AAA 170: top seed and should at least reach the finals but with a difficult draw. Quarters vs. Angel Garcia; semis vs. Mac Stout; finals vs. Lenny Pinto. Finals vs. Pinto could go either way. They split matches this year -- Kibe winning 5-4 at Super 32, Pinto winning by injury default at Powerade.
- Ryan Crookham -- AA 126: top seed and should win. Huge semis matchup on the other side -- returning state champ Jackson Arrington vs. state finalist Levi Haines.
- Hayden Cunningham -- AAA 106: challenging draw. Winnable pigtail match, then gets #2 seed Keanu Manuel (who earlier this year beat Haines at 120). If he gets past Manuel, he should face Tyler Kasak (one of the favorites) in the semis.

- Trey Kibe -- AAA 170: top seed and should at least reach the finals but with a difficult draw. Quarters vs. Angel Garcia; semis vs. Mac Stout; finals vs. Lenny Pinto. Finals vs. Pinto could go either way. They split matches this year -- Kibe winning 5-4 at Super 32, Pinto winning by injury default at Powerade.
- Ryan Crookham -- AA 126: top seed and should win. Huge semis matchup on the other side -- returning state champ Jackson Arrington vs. state finalist Levi Haines.
- Hayden Cunningham -- AAA 106: challenging draw. Winnable pigtail match, then gets #2 seed Keanu Manuel (who earlier this year beat Haines at 120). If he gets past Manuel, he should face Tyler Kasak (one of the favorites) in the semis.

I’ll expect to see your placement predictions by Tuesday Jefe, sorry but you’ve set a high standard. This should give you enough time ;-)

Where in the world is Casey Cunningham going to be next weekend?

This weekend Hayden wrestled in Altoona for NW regionals while younger son Asher was wrestling in the Junior High tournament in Johnstown. It has to be tough on him and his wife to be at the kids events. As I understand it there are 5 total kids (Hayden is the oldest) and the youngest are excellent gymnasts (I believe Mrs Cunningham was an accomplished gymnast).

Reactions: The Shelter
Where in the world is Casey Cunningham going to be next weekend?

I’m sure David Taylor & Jason Nolf can fill in and sit in Hayden’s corner while Coach Casey is in Jersey.

Imagine the looks they’d get

(PS - I know Casey doesn’t coach his son - just making a funny :oops:)

Another wrestler of note is Lance Urbas (younger brother of Cole) from State College. It will be interesting to see how he can do in Hershey. He has a 34-5 record and all 5 losses have come at the hands of Kibe. Kibe has pinned him once, major decision twice and 2 regular decisions. Kibe has been his kryptonite so far this year. He may have to go up to 182 next year as he and Kibe are both juniors.

This weekend Hayden wrestled in Altoona for NW regionals while younger son Asher was wrestling in the Junior High tournament in Johnstown. It has to be tough on him and his wife to be at the kids events. As I understand it there are 5 total kids (Hayden is the oldest) and the youngest are excellent gymnasts (I believe Mrs Cunningham was an accomplished gymnast).
She was an Olympic gold medalist as a power lifter

Reactions: diggerpup
Another wrestler of note is Lance Urbas (younger brother of Cole) from State College. It will be interesting to see how he can do in Hershey. He has a 34-5 record and all 5 losses have come at the hands of Kibe. Kibe has pinned him once, major decision twice and 2 regular decisions. Kibe has been his kryptonite so far this year. He may have to go up to 182 next year as he and Kibe are both juniors.
He's in a very tough weight. Probably the 6th or 7th best guy but might not place depending on how consis shake out. Weight has 5 D1 commits plus Mac Stout (who will be in 2022).

If he wins his opener, next would be quarters vs. national #17 Dylan Reinert (NC State commit). Lenny Pinto looms in the semis. In consis would be Stout, Angel Garcia, Nick Delp.

Reactions: kevin310
Im considering jumping on a plane and heading to Hershey. Our State tournament is done here in Colorado. Our youth regionals are 2 weeks out so I got the time. Have several friends back home who have kids who qualified for state. Would be a good time for a visit.

Im considering jumping on a plane and heading to Hershey. Our State tournament is done here in Colorado. Our youth regionals are 2 weeks out so I got the time. Have several friends back home who have kids who qualified for state. Would be a good time for a visit.
You won't regret it. Nothing like state wrestling tournament in chocalate town

I haven't been since I wrestled there as a senior for Benton. But that was a couple decades ago.

Go for it Rhino!

I haven't been since I wrestled there as a senior for Benton. But that was a couple decades ago.
I probably watched you then. That was back when line mountain was dominate I went to warrior run so Jason Betz was there every year.

Reactions: tewlepz
If you are from Warroir Run, do you happen to know Lynn Watson?
The only Watson's I knew were Greg and Garth who both wrestled for coach Smythe and coach Watson who coached the JV squad. Great coaches good old days from warrior run I graduated in 88 but followed wrestling there til 2005 then moved to central mountain school district so I follow them quite a bit

The only Watson's I knew were Greg and Garth who both wrestled for coach Smythe and coach Watson who coached the JV squad. Great coaches good old days from warrior run I graduated in 88 but followed wrestling there til 2005 then moved to central mountain school district so I follow them quite a bit

What are Andrew and Dylan Alton doing these days?
Are they still involved with wrestling?

I probably watched you then. That was back when line mountain was dominate I went to warrior run so Jason Betz was there every year.

I think Betz was a Senior my Sophomore year. I didnt make it past regionals that year but I do remember seeing him wrestle. I think he TF'd the kid in the finals.

I think Betz was a Senior my Sophomore year. I didnt make it past regionals that year but I do remember seeing him wrestle. I think he TF'd the kid in the finals.

I think it was Jason's Senior Year when he got caught and pinned in a spladle in the semi-finals. I wasn't there, but if I heard correctly, there was shocked silence at Hershey Arena. He did come back to TF his opponent for 3rd place.

What was the 135 pounder who went far at states I can never remember his name. Tall lanky kid but slapped together he might have won states one year.

I think it was Jason's Senior Year when he got caught and pinned in a spladle in the semi-finals. I wasn't there, but if I heard correctly, there was shocked silence at Hershey Arena. He did come back to TF his opponent for 3rd place.
I was there. The most devastated as a fan I've ever felt since watching wrestling. The fact he was beating the kid 10-2 at the time didn't help

Reactions: Chris Watts
What was the 135 pounder who went far at states I can never remember his name. Tall lanky kid but slapped together he might have won states one year.

We didnt qualify a 135, you might be thinking of Shad Benton, he wss the runner up that year. I new we didnt send anyone so I checked the bracket and saw his name.

Reactions: seamus98
ADVERTISEMENT