ADVERTISEMENT

PA States brackets and worthless predictions

So, if young Mr. Cunningham continues on an upward trajectory, and ends up wrestling for the good guys, would he be a freeby? As in, not counting against the 9.9?

Steen and the kid from Glendale (I struggle remembering names on occasion - damn mat returns), were in terrific semi-final matches yesterday. Seems Pitt is heading in the right direction. I have a hard time mustering the hatred for the wrestling team as I have for the rest of them.

Reactions: nitlion6
Steen and the kid from Glendale (I struggle remembering names on occasion - damn mat returns), were in terrific semi-final matches yesterday. Seems Pitt is heading in the right direction. I have a hard time mustering the hatred for the wrestling team as I have for the rest of them.
Brock McMillen

Reactions: mjmirv and TangSoo
My hatred of Pitt stemmed from when Tony Dorsett played for them and when they beat Penn State. It was also easy to hate Dorsett when he went on to play for the cowboys. Time seems to have mellowed me out and just don’t hate or dislike anyone now as it takes too much energy. I even look back now and can appreciate how good that Pitt team was with Dorsett. Back to topic think the Pitt wrestling team is really making some good moves and what the hell really nice to see the PA guys have more options in state

RIght on cue, the next Beca wrestler lost (Harmon in the 126 blood round) and got eliminated.

Yea, but Karam has managed to steal the show yet again. I think Kasak wins 106, perhaps Hermann and Handlovic too

Ungar got jobbed, Steen was on his back for a count that got waved off.

Yea, but Karam has managed to steal the show yet again. I think Kasak wins 106, perhaps Hermann and Handlovic too

That didn't stand out to me, but there are multiple explanations. 1) It's tough to follow everything with 4 mats. 2) I'm from West-Central PA, and isn't Ungar essentially a Jersey Kid. I'll rewatch :) Great match either way.

Reactions: jschrantz

I was listening to match on phone. District 7 announcers and they were shocked that the 2 was waved off. The announcer even said
" I saw the ref swipe twice"

Crookham update. As I mentioned before I know someone connected to Notre Dame GP program. I commented earlier that I think Lehigh will make big play for the kid.
I asked my source who has been most active on recruiting Ryan
Answer: Oklahoma State.
That's not the first time the Pokes have come to District 11. A few years ago they landed Oliver and Kindig.

Last edited:
Like Crookham but I think Bouzakis is better imo. Not sure where we stand with him bit he does go to SEM which cant hurt.

Like Crookham but I think Bouzakis is better imo. Not sure where we stand with him bit he does go to SEM which cant hurt.
Cornell is after Bouzakis.

They're actually a NY family. Seminary proximity won't help us at all. If we're pursuing him.

Yea, but Karam has managed to steal the show yet again. I think Kasak wins 106, perhaps Hermann and Handlovic too.
I picked those 3 and was wrong about the first (and counting). Kasak lost in the semis.

Both 132 semis won in OT:
Noonan 5-4 UTB over Herrera
Herrmann 5-3 SV over Willochell after getting a late 3rd takedown to tie

My hatred of Pitt stemmed from when Tony Dorsett played for them and when they beat Penn State. It was also easy to hate Dorsett when he went on to play for the cowboys. Time seems to have mellowed me out and just don’t hate or dislike anyone now as it takes too much energy. I even look back now and can appreciate how good that Pitt team was with Dorsett. Back to topic think the Pitt wrestling team is really making some good moves and what the hell really nice to see the PA guys have more options in state
Remember a couple of years ago when drunken Dorsett was howling and yapping in the tunnel after the game while the media was trying to interview our players? Mind you, we're talking about a 65-year-old man here. Not exactly dignified.

Last edited:
It will be Ulrey vs Nichter Round 4 for the AAA 160 title

Another milestone would be if Ulrey wins to become the first Lower Dauphin state champ

AAA Finals are set

106 Jacob Van Dee, Erie Cathedral Prep, vs. Vincent Kilkeary, Greater Latrobe
113 Aiden Lewis, Cedar Cliff, vs. Ethan Berginc, Hempfield Area
120 Dylan Chappell, Seneca Valley, vs. Will Betancourt, Manheim Central
126 Kurtis Phipps, Norwin, vs. Rocco Welsh, Waynesburg Central
132 Patrick Noonan, Stroudsburg, vs. Kenny Herrmann, Bethlehem Catholic
138 Sam Hillegas, North Hills, vs. Wyatt Henson, Waynesburg Central
145 Jagger Condomitti, Northampton, vs. Cole Handlovic, Bethlehem Catholic
152 Ed Scott, DuBois, vs. Cameron Robinson, Council Rock North
160 Clayton Ulrey, Lower Dauphin, vs. Luke Nichter, Chambersburg
170 Mac Stout, Mount Lebanon, vs. Lenny Pinto, Stroudsburg
182 Gerrit Nijenhuis, Canon McMillan, vs. Donovan McMillon, Peters Township
195 Luke Stout, Mount Lebanon, vs. Luke Montgomery, Bethel Park
220 Dorian Crosby, Erie Cathedral Prep, vs. Nate Schon, Selinsgrove
285 Hunter Catka, Sun Valley, vs. Isaiah Vance, Hempfield Area

Re-matches from Regionals:
126, 132, 138, 145, 160, 182, 195, 220

I didn't see it but that sucks if that's the case. Bad calls are always magnified when so much is on the line. But I went to Ridge and graduated with Kniselys mom so I was really hoping he would get that gold. Slightly off topic but I also graduated with Cassidy's (Bedford 138lb) mom.

Pics?

Scott IS a lock and will pin his way through this bracket and win OW.

Not to be snarky, but Scott has already failed to pin his way through this bracket. I reiterate, if Scott can't get a headlock on Cam Robinson, he will have a more difficult match. Robinson is an Iowa State recruit. If you didn't notice, he decked McClorin of Cathedral Prep in :36 seconds in the semi's. And that was after his 2nd takedown.

I've been out of the loop so bear with this question

Didn't we used to be able to watch states on PCN?

Is it all now on Flo?

If yes, then that is BULLS***T IMO. Just my two cents.

I've been out of the loop so bear with this question

Didn't we used to be able to watch states on PCN?

Is it all now on Flo?

If yes, then that is BULLS***T IMO. Just my two cents.
You've been out of the loop for a full year.

IIRC it's a 3 yr contract, so we'll have to deal with Flo next year as well.

You've been out of the loop for a full year.

IIRC it's a 3 yr contract, so we'll have to deal with Flo next year as well.

RE: the bolded phrase .... Correct.

That sucks. Thanks for the info, though.

What really grates is that last year's finals aren't on YouTube for free by now.

I was listening to match on phone. District 7 announcers and they were shocked that the 2 was waved off. The announcer even said
" I saw the ref swipe twice"
I’m not defending the call, but the ref also said that Steen’s shoulders were greater than 45 degrees off the mat during the second swipe, thus it didn’t count.

Reactions: Scott beach
If I hit the lottery my gift to the wrestling community will be to buy the rights to piaas and have PCN put them on.
If I'm PA Power, I'm putting together a proposal to stream the entire tourney on Rokfin -- with the finals free.

Win-win -- free finals like before, and access to the entire tourney (which PCN didn't do).

Contingent on PIAA denying press credentials to Flo.

Also Willie gets his own suite with a fridge full of beer.

Cerniglia held on to beat Lawrence 11-8. Got dominated in the last 2 periods and was fortunate to have a late 2nd period Lawrence takedown waved off.

From a guy with no dog in that hunt:

Reactions: danoftw and royboy
One notable name is at 126 (AAA, obviously)–Jude Swisher has the 3 seed as a Sophmore. He is Sam Herring’s (of kid-calling-southern-scuffle-matches-like-a-pro fame) podcast mate on Home Mat Advantage--itself a good podcast with top name guests. I’m hoping Jude can shirk Jefe’s picks and wrestle to seed (or at least make the podium). His family goes to all the PSU duals.
Swisher with nice work on the backside, will wrestle for 3rd.

Score says Cerniglia 11-8 over Lawrence.

What went on?
At least 2 big calls went against Lawrence:

Gave up a penalty point for an illegal hold -- it was a bottom leg turk

Also had a near side cradle locked up that got whistled dead as a stalemate, no takedown.

Reactions: danoftw and royboy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT