ADVERTISEMENT

PA HS Wrestling thread

Mi

Pretty sure you are confusing them with McCort, but what the heck, all's fair when bashing the recruiters with all of you geezers (full disclosure - I'm a geezer as well, but have little issue with what is going on as it's been going on in one form or the other for as long as I can remember). McCort has Bassett (#1 ranked JH kid) and then got the Herring brothers from TN (Sam is #2) and Jax Forrest from NC (#3).

FCA frosh and the HS they would have attended (just guessing, but I'm probably not far off):
Botero - North Penn
Hontz - Spring Ford - dad is on staff I think, ex Upper Perk coach
Max Stein - CBE
Sugalski - P/W - I thought he was going to Malvern but didn't

MS'ers I think are FCA:
The Bachmans - North Penn - Fred (CR '90 or '91) put together the Basement Boyz which is a club that formed out of some kids that were training at Malvern a few years ago. This is the core of the MS kids.
Weidemoyer - Pennridge area
Waters - Pottstown
Davidheiser - Boyertown - older brother was at Hill/Boyertown
Waltenbaugh - I think Souderton - older brother wrestled at FCA graduated last year
Wagner - Probably Souderton as well older brother currently wrestling at FCA

It looks like the Singer kid from CT is now listing FCA - that would be a move in, although it's not unprecedented for New England wrestlers to show up in this area because of the Inter-Ac and if my kid was a great wrestler in CT, he'd likely end up wrestling in PA or NJ.

So, they are mainly made up of kids from the immediate area that trained together coming up - pretty much the exact situation you see at BECA and Notre Dame and has popped up from time to time elsewhere - kids wanting to stay "club" when they enter HS. BECA has been the only place that this has been viable long-term - we'll see about Notre Dame.

This is life in the wrestling world, and kind of always has been. On the bright side, FCA wrestles in the PIAA, so instead of losing southeast PA kids to Malvern, they stay in D1.
This is amazing insight. The buzz going around AA is Faith Christian is going to get hammered like Mcort did. The guy we sat by was from Saucon Valley and he said Hartmen knows about Faith Christian & they are next on his hit list. Still curious what his connection is with Lombardi?

PIAA AA Finalist Breakdown

*Austin Johnson (Muncy, D4) will try to be first Freshman to win Heavyweight gold in PIAA history

*5 wrestlers going for 2x

*3 are gunning for 3x (Jackson Arrington/Ryan Crookham/Dayton Pitzer)

Districts:
D1 - 1
D2 - 1
D3 - 4
D4 - 7
D6 - 1
D7 - 3
D9 - 2
D10 - 3
D11 - 4

Class:
Fr - 2
So - 4
Jr - 8
Sr - 12

*Louie Gill - Hickory (So) - 10
Aaron Seidel - No. Lebanon (Fr) - 3

Gavin Bradley - Athens (Sr) - 4
*Brandon Wentzel - Montoursville (Jr) - 4

*Jaden Pepe - Wyoming Area (Jr) - 2
Brock Weiss - Jersey Shore (So) - 4

Scott Johnson - Muncy (Jr)- 4
Mark Palmer - Brockway (Sr) - 9

Owen Reinsel - Brookville (Sr) - 9
Brandan Chletsos - Notre Dame-GP (Sr) - 11

Connor Pierce - Harbor Creek (Sr) - 10
**Ryan Crookham - Saucon Valley (Sr) - 11

Conner Harer - Montgomery (So) - 4
Eric Alderfer - Faith Christian (Sr) - 1

**Jackson Arrington - Forest Hills (Sr) - 6
Andrew Christie - Bishop McDevitt (Jr) - 3

*Grant Mackay - Laurel (Jr) - 7
Holden Garcia - Notre Dame-GP (Jr) - 11

*Rune Lawrence - Frazier (So) - 7
Jake Jones - Saucon Valley (Jr) - 11

Cole Karpinski - Greenville (Sr) - 10
Isaac Cory - Montoursville (Sr) - 4

**Dayton Pitzer - Mt. Pleasant (Sr) - 7
Brad Morrison - West Perry (Sr) - 3

Riley Robell - Bishop McDevitt (Jr) - 3
Austin Johnson - Muncy (Fr) - 4

I know Lear certainly had higher hopes than wrestling for another 3rd. That said, glad he got it done and glsd it was against Garcia. This one got personal. Garcia's old man talked a bunch of shit about a hs kid and got choked out at regionals. This is a fitting end to that rivalry.

I am good with it, just add the enrollment numbers from every school that they pull from (just like Co-Op schools) and at least they will go against the big boys instead of battling small schools that actually have male enrollments of under 100.
Or the school should declare up. That's what BECA has done for years. A little foot note about Beca and NDGP. A few years ago the Allentown Diocese was considering combining the 2 schools. They are only 5 miles apart. The Diocese chose to close Pius X of Roseto/Bangor which happened to have a very good wrestling and feeder program.

I am a AA guy but this makes me sick

Cole Campbell Palisades last year now in the state finals for Becca.
Desmond Nazareth last year now in the state finals for Becca
Kollin Rath pleasant Valley now Becca in the state semis
Kasak was Central Bucks
The RedHawk club coach now sits in the Becca corner

Etc

Just heard the Joe Simon kid from Waynesburg lost at regionals and back living in Louisana. He only comes up for wrestling and remotes in.

the stuff going around Hershey is unbelievable.
PIAA has lost control. Maybe the Mcort thing was trying to gain some control back. Will they go after these other programs?

Will home grown teams like Benton and Williamsport ever have a chance again to win team titles, unless they start playing the game?

Reactions: PaDistrict11

Kasak was Central Bucks

Etc

Just heard the Joe Simon kid from Waynesburg lost at regionals and back living in Louisana. He only comes up for wrestling and remotes in.

PIAA has lost control. Maybe the Mcort thing was trying to gain some control back. Will they go after these other programs?

Will home grown teams like Benton and Williamsport ever have a chance again to win team titles, unless they start playing the game?
Does Cael care how many HS team titles you have?

I dont either.

Reactions: hlstone
This is amazing insight. The buzz going around AA is Faith Christian is going to get hammered like Mcort did. The guy we sat by was from Saucon Valley and he said Hartmen knows about Faith Christian & they are next on his hit list. Still curious what his connection is with Lombardi?
Unless a district school loses a kid to FC and makes an official stink about it there is nothing the district can do. For it to raise to the PIAA level there would need to be some sort of appeal. The chances something happens to FC is about as close to zilch as you can get.

Kasak was Central Bucks

Etc

As long as McCort sits as a singular PIAA response, it has nothing to do with gaining control.
McCort got hammered for doing exactly what BECA has been doing for years.

Kasak was Central Bucks

Etc

I have less of a visceral reaction to Desmond and Rath being at Becahi. They've wrestled in Becahis' feeder program their entire lives, both competed for Becahi at the junior high level (meaning presumably both have been Catholic school kids). Desmond's uncle is a volunteer assistant at Becahi (and the Red Hawk club coach). Where did you think he was going to go? Now, is that decision wrestling driven - 100% absolutely. I'm not naive. But those two are a lot less "wow, you're a really good 8th grader, have you considered a Catholic education" and more "Bethlehem Catholic kids", if such a thing can exist.

The Central Bucks, Hackettstown NJ, Quakertown, Reading kids at Becahi grinds my gears a little more.

My AA take:
It is so easy not to like the Notre dame coach, he is a clown but honestly must know how to play the game. He jumps around and acts like such a jerk
Back to back winning team title with guys from jersey.

Pitzer is on a different level and PSU could of made him into a monster. We will be average at Pitt.
District 4 wrestled amazing. Harer just wins. Seidel is going to be a monster for many years to come. He owned Gill.

Bradley’s celebration live was funny, but great to watch. Lots of work and emotion coming out

Pepe was great but the buzz was could he have beaten Gibson? Wish we could of seen that. I personally think Pepe would win but it would of been fireworks

Scottie Johnson had a great season. He is often overlooked and always gets it done.

Cheltos gets it done. Not sure why Reinsel didn’t kick forward. If Cheltos was at Easton he would not have placed four years in AAA.

Crookham-Saucon Valley to Notre Dame To Saucon Valley. Then wins his third. Damn I wish we got to watch Crookham vs Harer.

Harer just wins. His dad knows how to train wrestlers and his boys are studs. He had a lot to do with the Johnson boys too

Arrington is on a different level. He is very good. People were saying he is why Haines didn’t wrestle. First off Levi is way bigger but trust me he wasn’t worried about Arrington either. People find any reason to talk smack. Sickening really

Garcia with 9 losses gets it done. MacKay transferred to AA because they said it was easier. Well it’s not that easy, especially with the Green Ponders bring in hammers from NJ. Ask Little Gibson.

Rune is very good and I would of liked to see Levi wrestle here. It would of been hyped up. Haines would of won by MD. But nothing from Rune, he is good. Reminds me of Nickel.

Pitzer needs to forget about Pitt and come to PSU.
Riley Robell was too big and athletic, ending Little Johnson’s magical run. Johnson bumped from Pitzer and ran smack into another buzzsaw.

last little tidbit: this is eye catching.

2021 PIAA state Qualifiers
Wrestlers who transferred, moved, relocated to their school they compete for in HS. This was their Middle School district to their new Highschool district. This is eye opening and just quickly going over the brackets

It’s very interesting there are many wrestlers who switched schools and often times it to the better programs.

Ayden Smith Diedruff to Notre Dame
Brayden Hartrandt to Berk Cath
Guage Botero Souderton to Faith Christian
Brandon Wentzel Jersey Shore to Montoursville
Adam Schweitzer Bangor to Notre Dame
Chance Hontz Springford to Faith Christian
Kaden Milheim Mifflinburg to Warrior Run
Max Stein Central Bucks to Faith Christian
Brandon Cheltos Easton to Notre Dame
Bryson Vaughn Easton to Notre Dame
Cameron Milheim Mifflinburg to Warrior run
Cody Wagner Souderton to Faith Christian
Eren Sement New Jersey to Council Rock South
Cole Campbell Palisades to Bethlehem Catholic
Braxton Appello Fries Easton to Nazareth
Zander Phatorus Arizona to Waynesburg
Joe Simon Louisana to Waynesburg
Kollin Rath Pleasant Valley to Bethlehem Catholic
Pierson Manville Minnesota to State College
Rocco Welsh Beth Center to Waynesburg
Anthony Evanitsky Scranton to Wyoming
Ryan Crookham Saucon Valley to Notre Dame to Saucon Valley
Connor Harer Muncy to Montgomery
Jakob Gilfoil Central Dauphin to Bishop McDevitt
Luke Sipes Altoona to Charter School to Bishop McCort to Altoona
Dylan Granahan Northwest to Benton
Chris Vargo Charleroi to Bentworth
Evan Maag Bethlehem Freedom to Notre Dame
Cael McIntrye Easton to Bethlehem Catholic
Noah Teeter Forest Hills to Mt Plesant to Forest Hills
Easton Mull Somerset to Chestnut Ridge
Shawn Szymanski Plum to Burrell
Cooper Price Wilkes Barre to Wyoming
Micheal Duggan South Middleton to Boiling springs
Keegan Ramsey Plesant Valley to Notre Dame
Andrew Christie Conewago Valley to Bishop McDevitt
Luke Thomas Whitehall to Bethlehem Catholic
Grant MacKay North Allegheny to Laurel
Luke Moore Hyndman to Chestnut ridge
Holden Garcia Philphburg NJ to Notre Dame
Garrett Trettemer Philphburg NJ to Notre Dame
Owen Reinsel Clarion to Brookville
Riley Robell Central Dauphin to Bishop McDevitt
Tucker Paynter Big spring to Trinity
Luke Suglkaski colonel to Faith Christian
Korbin Kasper South Middleton to Bermudian Springs
Jake Van Dee Union City to Erie Prep
Chase Burke Northwestern to Benton
Cade Wirnsberger Lewisburg to Meadowbrook Christian school
Issac Lacinski Freeport to Burrell
Hunter Robison General McLane to Seagerstown
Hunter Forcelini Central Cambria to Forest Hills
Brandon Krul Mars to Quaker Valley
Tyler Kasak Central Bucks to Bethlehem Cath
Andrew Harmon Emmaus to Bethlehem Catholic
Vince Citrano Plum to Burrell
Matt Repos Palmyra to Central Dauphin
Dante Frinzi Quakertown to Bethlehem Catholic
Dustin Flinn Brockway to Forest Hills
Jude Swisher State College to Bellefonte
Nick foster East Stroudsburg to Nazareth
Tahir Parkins East Stroudsburg to Nazareth
Sean Kinney East Stroudsburg to Nazareth
Patrick Cutchember fox chapel to QuakerValley

My AA take:
It is so easy not to like the Notre dame coach, he is a clown but honestly must know how to play the game. He jumps around and acts like such a jerk
Back to back winning team title with guys from jersey.

Pitzer is on a different level and PSU could of made him into a monster. We will be average at Pitt.
District 4 wrestled amazing. Harer just wins. Seidel is going to be a monster for many years to come. He owned Gill.

Bradley’s celebration live was funny, but great to watch. Lots of work and emotion coming out

Pepe was great but the buzz was could he have beaten Gibson? Wish we could of seen that. I personally think Pepe would win but it would of been fireworks

Scottie Johnson had a great season. He is often overlooked and always gets it done.

Cheltos gets it done. Not sure why Reinsel didn’t kick forward. If Cheltos was at Easton he would not have placed four years in AAA.

Crookham-Saucon Valley to Notre Dame To Saucon Valley. Then wins his third. Damn I wish we got to watch Crookham vs Harer.

Harer just wins. His dad knows how to train wrestlers and his boys are studs. He had a lot to do with the Johnson boys too

Arrington is on a different level. He is very good. People were saying he is why Haines didn’t wrestle. First off Levi is way bigger but trust me he wasn’t worried about Arrington either. People find any reason to talk smack. Sickening really

Garcia with 9 losses gets it done. MacKay transferred to AA because they said it was easier. Well it’s not that easy, especially with the Green Ponders bring in hammers from NJ. Ask Little Gibson.

Rune is very good and I would of liked to see Levi wrestle here. It would of been hyped up. Haines would of won by MD. But nothing from Rune, he is good. Reminds me of Nickel.

Pitzer needs to forget about Pitt and come to PSU.
Riley Robell was too big and athletic, ending Little Johnson’s magical run. Johnson bumped from Pitzer and ran smack into another buzzsaw.

last little tidbit: this is eye catching.

2021 PIAA state Qualifiers
Wrestlers who transferred, moved, relocated to their school they compete for in HS. This was their Middle School district to their new Highschool district. This is eye opening and just quickly going over the brackets

It’s very interesting there are many wrestlers who switched schools and often times it to the better programs.

Ayden Smith Diedruff to Notre Dame
Brayden Hartrandt to Berk Cath
Guage Botero Souderton to Faith Christian
Brandon Wentzel Jersey Shore to Montoursville
Adam Schweitzer Bangor to Notre Dame
Chance Hontz Springford to Faith Christian
Kaden Milheim Mifflinburg to Warrior Run
Max Stein Central Bucks to Faith Christian
Brandon Cheltos Easton to Notre Dame
Bryson Vaughn Easton to Notre Dame
Cameron Milheim Mifflinburg to Warrior run
Cody Wagner Souderton to Faith Christian
Eren Sement New Jersey to Council Rock South
Cole Campbell Palisades to Bethlehem Catholic
Braxton Appello Fries Easton to Nazareth
Zander Phatorus Arizona to Waynesburg
Joe Simon Louisana to Waynesburg
Kollin Rath Pleasant Valley to Bethlehem Catholic
Pierson Manville Minnesota to State College
Rocco Welsh Beth Center to Waynesburg
Anthony Evanitsky Scranton to Wyoming
Ryan Crookham Saucon Valley to Notre Dame to Saucon Valley
Connor Harer Muncy to Montgomery
Jakob Gilfoil Central Dauphin to Bishop McDevitt
Luke Sipes Altoona to Charter School to Bishop McCort to Altoona
Dylan Granahan Northwest to Benton
Chris Vargo Charleroi to Bentworth
Evan Maag Bethlehem Freedom to Notre Dame
Cael McIntrye Easton to Bethlehem Catholic
Noah Teeter Forest Hills to Mt Plesant to Forest Hills
Easton Mull Somerset to Chestnut Ridge
Shawn Szymanski Plum to Burrell
Cooper Price Wilkes Barre to Wyoming
Micheal Duggan South Middleton to Boiling springs
Keegan Ramsey Plesant Valley to Notre Dame
Andrew Christie Conewago Valley to Bishop McDevitt
Luke Thomas Whitehall to Bethlehem Catholic
Grant MacKay North Allegheny to Laurel
Luke Moore Hyndman to Chestnut ridge
Holden Garcia Philphburg NJ to Notre Dame
Garrett Trettemer Philphburg NJ to Notre Dame
Owen Reinsel Clarion to Brookville
Riley Robell Central Dauphin to Bishop McDevitt
Tucker Paynter Big spring to Trinity
Luke Suglkaski colonel to Faith Christian
Korbin Kasper South Middleton to Bermudian Springs
Jake Van Dee Union City to Erie Prep
Chase Burke Northwestern to Benton
Cade Wirnsberger Lewisburg to Meadowbrook Christian school
Issac Lacinski Freeport to Burrell
Hunter Robison General McLane to Seagerstown
Hunter Forcelini Central Cambria to Forest Hills
Brandon Krul Mars to Quaker Valley
Tyler Kasak Central Bucks to Bethlehem Cath
Andrew Harmon Emmaus to Bethlehem Catholic
Vince Citrano Plum to Burrell
Matt Repos Palmyra to Central Dauphin
Dante Frinzi Quakertown to Bethlehem Catholic
Dustin Flinn Brockway to Forest Hills
Jude Swisher State College to Bellefonte
Nick foster East Stroudsburg to Nazareth
Tahir Parkins East Stroudsburg to Nazareth
Sean Kinney East Stroudsburg to Nazareth
Patrick Cutchember fox chapel to QuakerValley
I don't think Jude Swisher was looking to go to better school from State College to Bellefonte.

Nor was Chase Burke in competing for Benton as Northwest doesn't have a wrestling team, they co-op with Benton (just as Benton doesn't have football).

In any case ...

Not sure how milheim brothers gained an advantage from leaving Mifflin urge to warrior run. It's not like warrior run is a powerhouse wrestling school. Maybe better farms lol actually migflinbirg is closer to state college and bellefonte than warrior run

No that’s not the point. The point was it was crazy to the group of us sitting there how many wrestlers moved, transferred, relocated etc.

Most of them to better programs but not all. Those numbers were crazy

I've moved 6 times for my job (not including my 2 college internships). Who cares.
Many of us found it to be interesting the high number. Sorry kind elJefe. I should of asked if you approve the post. You seem like a real jerk. I bet your not liked in real like by many people or you might just be a key board hero. Regardless next time I will ask for your approval

Many of us found it to be interesting the high number. Sorry kind elJefe. I should of asked if you approve the post. You seem like a real jerk. I bet your not liked in real like by many people or you might just be a key board hero. Regardless next time I will ask for your approval
Pot calling the kettle black. El jefe contributes more to the board than anyone, certainly more than you do and it's not even close. And the name calling is completely inappropriate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT