ADVERTISEMENT

Parker Washington a 1st Round Pick?

That's twice I've seen it mentioned in mocks. Possibly a good indicator of why he left when many thought he should return. If he slips into a day 2 pick (3rd round seems high to me, but what do I know) then he made an excellent choice.

Reactions: NedFromYork
That's twice I've seen it mentioned in mocks. Possibly a good indicator of why he left when many thought he should return. If he slips into a day 2 pick (3rd round seems high to me, but what do I know) then he made an excellent choice.
Nick Saban would disagree. He has 8 or 9 more National champions than anyone else.

And they have Will Levis(wow) drafted #1 overall and Joey Porter Jr at #17.
What I find interesting is that I’m not sure Will would have won more games for us than Clifford. Would definitely like to see JPJ at Steelers.

What I find interesting is that I’m not sure Will would have won more games for us than Clifford. Would definitely like to see JPJ at Steelers.
If, during most of his career at PSU, Cliff had played the way he did the second half of the past season, the W-L picture would have been much different, IMO.

Boy, as improbable as that seems (i.e. nigh onto impossible), would that ever serve our WR recruiting well. I'd be happy if Washington and Tinsley were to go in the 3rd-4th round area.

Not that I think it happens but interesting
I like Washington a lot, but I’ve never seen him as more than a 3rd, 4th round pick…and that’s before the injury ( whatever it is/was). He’s maximized his abilities from his limited physique as much as anyone I’ve ever seen.— If he were 6’2” , he’d be a 1st round pick. —Caveat ** I guess it’s possible to move up a round or 2 if he destroys the combine . JMO

I like Washington a lot, but I’ve never seen him as more than a 3rd, 4th round pick…and that’s before the injury ( whatever it is/was). He’s maximized his abilities from his limited physique as much as anyone I’ve ever seen.— If he were 6’2” , he’d be a 1st round pick. —Caveat ** I guess it’s possible to move up a round or 2 if he destroys the combine . JMO
Antonio Brown was a sixth round pick.

Antonio Brown was a sixth round pick.
Yes, absolutely . I think Washington will do well with any team he catches on with if he’s healthy. His upside is high (IMO). But I don’t believe he’ll be evaluated as a first or even 2nd round ( pending injury resolution) pick. Combine could mitigate that

Reactions: NedFromYork
Yes, absolutely . I think Washington will do well with any team he catches on with if he’s healthy. His upside is high (IMO). But I don’t believe he’ll be evaluated as a first or even 2nd round ( pending injury resolution) pick. Combine could mitigate that
Antonio Brown had the quickest feet I've ever seen. His route running was insane. Parker is no AB but he could be a solid nfl wr. He's projected as a late 2nd, early 3rd but I think he'll be a 3rd or 4th rounder. I think bc of his height, 10th percentile and average speed, 55th percentile according to NFL draft buzz.

Agree…where there is smoke.

Maybe even more interesting, if Will Levis goes #1 overall!

Reactions: lazydave841
I think Parker Washington had a good productive career at Penn State, but I never placed him on the same level as Godwin or Dotson.

I think Parker Washington had a good productive career at Penn State, but I never placed him on the same level as Godwin or Dotson.
But how much of that was the system and skill level of the whole team? Clifford played injured and a poor offensive line so much it affected everyone’s stats. And we weren’t lobbying the ball down the field looking for splash plays.

I have no idea how much this affected Parker’s numbers but it certainly had an influence.

In the right offense, Parker Washington could be a first round pick. However, he is a niche player that only suits a few team's needs. He is a pure slot receiver with limited agility outside. Parker's attributes as they pertain to the NFL are size (he is a running back with receiver skills), downfield blocking (he is the best blocker we have had since Bryant Johnson), solid hands and good route running. He'll likely be a third round choice on most boards but it only takes one.

Probably not quite on this level but I don't love this WR class either which is one of the main reasons I think it made sense for him to declare.

Reactions: lazydave841
Probably not quite on this level but I don't love this WR class either which is one of the main reasons I think it made sense for him to declare.

You make a strong point. The best projected guy missed 85% of the season and has fell down the mocks. There isn't a slew of big names like last year. All it takes is a positional run and Washington could go anywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT