ADVERTISEMENT

Parking downtown tomorrow?

ValentinoRossi

Oct 27, 2005
Going to the game with my daughter tomorrow. No tailgating. Just plan to drive to SC (from Pittsburgh) walk around a bit, get into the staidium in time to see the band (she plays clarinet in her high school band), watch the game and drive home. Is parking downtown an option? I’ve never gone to a game before without parking in the lots and tailgating so I have no idea if parking downtown is doable. Plan to get there around 1-2. Any advice is appreciated.

Going to the game with my daughter tomorrow. No tailgating. Just plan to drive to SC (from Pittsburgh) walk around a bit, get into the staidium in time to see the band (she plays clarinet in her high school band), watch the game and drive home. Is parking downtown an option? I’ve never gone to a game before without parking in the lots and tailgating so I have no idea if parking downtown is doable. Plan to get there around 1-2. Any advice is appreciated.
It sure is an option.

If not tailgating, it is a preferred option.

Any downtown garage will work nicely and you can hit the restaurants, shops b4 and after the game.

Much easier to get “out of dodge” too.

It sure is an option.

If not tailgating, it is a preferred option.

Any downtown garage will work nicely and you can hit the restaurants, shops b4 and after the game.

Much easier to get “out of dodge” too.
Thanks. It may have been a dumb question but in 36 years of going to games the thought of parking downtown never even crossed my mind before.

If you are walking that far, a couple more blocks into the residential neighborhoods is free. SC lifts the 1-2 hour (and middle of the night) limits in this area on football weekends.

If you are walking that far, a couple more blocks into the residential neighborhoods is free. SC lifts the 1-2 hour (and middle of the night) limits in this area on football weekends.

I've always wondered about this...is there anywhere to confirm this is the case? Wouldn't want a ticket, but parking in the neighborhood would be great for me.

I've always wondered about this...is there anywhere to confirm this is the case? Wouldn't want a ticket, but parking in the neighborhood would be great for me.
Did not see any press release about it this year. Have an email response from the SC parking department, but no clue how to post a picture of it.

There was a plan a few seasons back to place restrictions. It was called something like the Highlands plan, but was suspended before that season began. I think info saying it is suspended was available on the website at least at the beginning of this season.

Can only say I’ve always done this with no problem. With my non-early arrivals, my walks end up being more than just a couple blocks from downtown. I usually would end up near the purple house a couple blocks from the SC football field for those who are familiar.

For anyone interested, would recommend contacting the parking department no later than the Wednesday before a home game next season.

My guess is with a flooded market of $5 tickets, you can probably score a good parking pass in largely empty lots from the scalpers…if they are there. I doubt you will get buried deep in a lot somewhere.

Reactions: bison13
A ton of folks park on Toftrees Ave in Toftrees and walk 2ish miles to the game. Of course, it’d be another mile or so to downtown. Just saying I see a lot of folks park in a surrounding neighborhood driving to/from my north parking lot.

There are also a number of park and rides.

ADVERTISEMENT