ADVERTISEMENT

Parking For The Michigan Match

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I’ve never attended a PSU wrestling match as an alum but might have a chance at a pair of tickets for Michigan.
How is the parking situation? Where do people usually park?

Last edited:
I’ve never attended a OSU wrestling match as an alum but might have a chance at a pair of tickets for Michigan.
How is the parking situation? Where do people usually park?
There is this info from the sticky threads, 22-23 tickets thread
You can pay there or buy a pass in advance to save a few bucks. Got to ParkMobile. App or website and search PSU events.
I downloaded the app and it seems pretty simple. I'm giving it a go.

You should use the Park Mobile app and buy your ticket ahead of time to park at an available lot for the event. The two closest are "BJC East" and "Stadium West." There's a hockey game at 6:30PM so arrive early and expect a Charlie Foxtrot. They aren't taking cash payments at the nearest lots.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
See above for official details.

Last edited:
?

Assuming this was PSU, you should use the Park Mobile app and buy your ticket ahead of time to park at an available lot for the event. The two closest are "BJC East" and "Stadium West." There's a hockey game at 6:30PM so arrive early and expect a Charlie Foxtrot. They aren't taking cash payments at the nearest lots.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
See above for official details.
Yep, I edited the op.

Got this via email today:

Parking Changes Announced for Jan. 20
Transportation Services and Intercollegiate Athletics have announced parking changes for the wrestling BJC Dual vs. Michigan and men's hockey game vs. Notre Dame scheduled for Friday, Jan. 20.

With very heavy traffic expected, fans are strongly encouraged to arrive early. Parking is limited and to guarantee your spot in Stadium West or Jordan East, fans are encouraged to purchase promptly, as waiting may create inconveniences on match day.

Event parking areas will open at 4:30 p.m., Pegula Ice Arena doors will open at 5 p.m., with puck drop slated for 6:30 p.m., and the Bryce Jordan Center doors will open at 5:30 p.m. with the first match set to begin at 7 p.m. Fans are also urged to review University's updated bag policyfor athletics events before arrival.
Parking at Stadium West and Jordan East will require ParkMobile prepayment or a valid Penn State parking permit. Day-of-event cash sales will not be available at these lots.

Porter North parking will also be reserved for fans with a valid Penn State permit.

Day-of-event cash parking will be available at the Nittany Deck. Additional cash parking locations will be announced prior to the event date, if available.

The only way to guarantee access to Stadium West and Jordan East parking for these events is to prepay through ParkMobile, as reserved parking for Penn State permit holders will be limited.

PLEASE NOTE: For those who have purchased Founders Lot parking, separate messaging has been communicated.

ParkMobile - Wrestling
ParkMobile prepayment will be available at a discounted rate of $5.50 through Thursday, Jan. 19 at 11:59 p.m.

Prepayment will also be available for $10 on Friday, Jan. 20 until 4:30 p.m. via the same ParkMobile links. Fans who have not prepaid by that time and do not have a valid Penn State permit will be directed to park at the Nittany Deck.

If prepaid parking for Stadium West and Jordan East sells out, additional locations may be offered for ParkMobile prepayment.

For prepaid access to parking areas, fans must present their ParkMobile prepayment barcode on their mobile device or a permit printed from the ParkMobile website.

Another update--I'm taking the bus!

PARKING UPDATE - BJC Dual vs. Michigan
Stadium West and Jordan East parking for the wrestling BJC Dual vs. Michigan and men’s hockey game vs. Notre Dame scheduled for Friday, Jan. 20 is SOLD OUT.

Prepaid parking for these events at the East and Eisenhower decks is now available through ParkMobile.

Limited parking at Stadium West and Jordan East will be available to fans with a valid Penn State parking permit on a first-come, first-served basis.

Event parking areas will open at 4:30 p.m., Pegula Ice Arena doors will open at 5 p.m., with puck drop slated for 6:30 p.m., and Bryce Jordan Center doors will open at 5:30 p.m. with the first match set to begin at 7 p.m. Fans are encouraged to arrive EARLY and should also review the University’s updated bag policy for athletics events before arrival.
NO DAY-OF-EVENT PARKING SALES AT STADIUM WEST AND JORDAN EAST

Parking at Stadium West and Jordan East will require ParkMobile prepayment or a valid Penn State parking permit. Except for fans with a state-issued ADA placard or license plate, day-of-event parking sales will not be available at these lots.

Porter North parking will also be reserved for fans with a valid Penn State permit.

Day-of-event parking will be available at the Nittany Deck for $10. Additional day-of-event parking locations will be announced prior to the event date, if available. No shuttle service will be offered from the Nittany Deck, but no-fare CATA Loop or Link service will be available.

PLEASE NOTE: For those who have purchased Founders Lot parking, separate messaging has been communicated.

ParkMobile - Wrestling

ParkMobile prepayment will be available at a discounted rate of $5.50 through Thursday, Jan. 19 at 11:59 p.m.

Prepayment will also be available for $10 on Friday, Jan. 20 until 4:30 p.m. at psu.parkmobile.io. Fans who have not prepaid by that time and do not have a valid Penn State permit will be directed to park at the Nittany Deck.

For prepaid access to parking areas, fans must present their ParkMobile prepayment barcode on their mobile device or a permit printed from the ParkMobile website.
ADA PARKING INFORMATION

ADA parking for both events will be available at the following locations:

• Stadium West – southwest corner near the University Drive/Curtin Road intersection
  • Jordan East – small section across from the Penn State All-Sports Museum and the northernmost row along Curtin Road between Beaver Stadium gates A and B

A state-issued ADA placard or license plate is required, along with a valid Penn State permit, ParkMobile prepayment, or day-of-event cash payment. Fans with a state-issued ADA placard or license plate who prepay for parking at the East or Eisenhower decks may also park at Stadium West or Jordan East.

Yeah, parking sounds bad for both BJC event. I fear it will mess up any pre-dual meet ups since it might take a while to drive up.

• Sad
Reactions: hlstone
Is there a restaurant that is on a bus route?
The White Loop is free, can grab it all along Beaver Ave (so take your pick), and goes to the BJC.

The Blue Loop and Red Links are also free, and go to the BJC but stay on campus.

The H & HU routes go the the BJC, stop on College Ave as well as points north, but regular fares apply.

It can be a bit iffy how long you may have to wait for a bus after a BJC event, in my experience. I usually take my time leaving, watch the team hang out after, etc, and don't have a problem though. Don't wanna go the other route and miss Kerk vs. Parris!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT