ADVERTISEMENT

Paul George is a Sixer

We'll see how this goes. I love and hate my Sixers at the same time. Wildly inconsistent and reactionary creates an instability which is ultimately doomed for playoff failure. Embid playing in the Olympics makes me ill....what positive can there be for Philly?

Typical 76ers situation: Mikail Bridges. We drafted him. Local guy. Villanova. Mom worked for the team. And then we traded him for a guy who is now not playing basketball ANYWHERE. Flunked to unemployment and not even good enough to play overseas....

Glad to be rid of Harris. By default this is an upgrade. It is hard to get excited when you know that the season rides on one players' health- which has not been good.

Still- Go Sixers- Clap your hands, everybody...

Not a fan of the NBA but follow the Sixers cause they’re the local team. They really needed to spend their money on a top tier big man so they can cut Embiids minutes in half and save him for a playoff run. Unfortunately, injury prone and old Paul George will probably play less minutes that Embiid. I don’t believe Embiid has more than 3 good years left on those legs and that may be a stretch. Sixers had their chance with all those top draft picks but blew it.

Not a fan of the NBA but follow the Sixers cause they’re the local team. They really needed to spend their money on a top tier big man so they can cut Embiids minutes in half and save him for a playoff run. Unfortunately, injury prone and old Paul George will probably play less minutes that Embiid. I don’t believe Embiid has more than 3 good years left on those legs and that may be a stretch. Sixers had their chance with all those top draft picks but blew it.
Agreed. He's 34 years old. He's still a good player but gets injured and doesn't play defense anywhere near as well as he once did. His shot is there but not his legs.

While I root for them, I’m not really overly invested in them. Being honest, I really don’t watch the NBA anymore. I admit, I am a bandwagon fan for the Sixers. The Process didn’t work, Simmons and Harden were colossal failures. The question isn’t if, it’s when Embiid gets hurt. A human body of that size isn’t built to take that kind of stress, pounding, contorting, and wear and tear. He would probably play and feel much better if he dropped 40 pounds. Hoping for the best!!! Go Sixers!!! lol. I do enjoy watching the team that the Phillies have assembled. That’s a team worth watching.

His injur
His injury history is a concern. However, he played in 74 games last year and averaged 33 minutes per game. Time will tell.

Yeah I like the gamble. Not sure what better options really existed. They're not likely beating Boston but they're at least trying.
With or without Paul George, the Sixers are still in the second tier of Eastern Division teams with New York and Indiana.

Reactions: bison13
Looks like the Dallas Mavs have picked up Klay Thompson from the GSW to go with Luka and Kyrie.

Short window for sixers. George is on down side and they paid him a ton. Embiid can’t make it through a season. If they don’t win next year it was really bad deal. They are still third best on paper in East behind Boston and ny

Sixers have one aging, injury prone star and just went copy paste with PG. They will be a top 4 seed in East but will do well to make it to the conference finals. That is their ceiling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT