Pelosi Calls GOP ‘Commitment’ to Secure Border, Stop Crime, Curb Inflation an ‘Out of Touch’ MAGA ‘Extremist Agenda’

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
LOL... I swear she might be retarded.

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-...re-border-stop-crime-curb-inflation-out-touch

“Today’s rollout is the latest evidence of House Republicans’ whole-hearted Commitment to MAGA: going all-in on an extremist agenda designed to greatly diminish Americans’ health, freedom and security,” Pelosi said in a statement condemning Republicans’ commitment to stop violent crime, secure the border, tackle inflation and prevent illegal voting.

“But this extreme MAGA agenda is way out of step with Americans’ priorities, who align with Democrats’ vision of putting People Over Politics,” Pelosi says in her statement.

As Republican House Leader Rep. Kevin McCarthy explains in a video, the nation is facing serious problems that require the attention of elected officials:

• “Violent crime is at record highs in our streets and neighborhoods.”
  • “The border has become a national security crisis, with fentanyl killing our fellow citizens.”
  • “Soaring inflation has shrunk paychecks and sent us into a recession.”

WexfordWarrior

Aug 30, 2017
Somewhere in the Carolinas.
63b42ea7b3d499ada75f52cbfb88973a.jpg

2lion70

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
LOL... I swear she might be retarded.

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-...re-border-stop-crime-curb-inflation-out-touch

“Today’s rollout is the latest evidence of House Republicans’ whole-hearted Commitment to MAGA: going all-in on an extremist agenda designed to greatly diminish Americans’ health, freedom and security,” Pelosi said in a statement condemning Republicans’ commitment to stop violent crime, secure the border, tackle inflation and prevent illegal voting.

“But this extreme MAGA agenda is way out of step with Americans’ priorities, who align with Democrats’ vision of putting People Over Politics,” Pelosi says in her statement.

As Republican House Leader Rep. Kevin McCarthy explains in a video, the nation is facing serious problems that require the attention of elected officials:

• “Violent crime is at record highs in our streets and neighborhoods.”
  • “The border has become a national security crisis, with fentanyl killing our fellow citizens.”
  • “Soaring inflation has shrunk paychecks and sent us into a recession.”
Empty phrases - no details. The party of NO trying to score points with negative ads and no agenda. What is their detailed plan for lowering inflation? How about improving security at the Southern border - details and cost?
Just more blah blah blah.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Empty phrases - no details. The party of NO trying to score points with negative ads and no agenda. What is their detailed plan for lowering inflation? How about improving security at the Southern border - details and cost?

LOL...

Record crime... empty phrase
Record inflation... blah, blah, blah
Record illegal immigration... Just don't ship them to sanctuary cities...

So now you are proud the democratic party is the party of YES to crime, inflation, illegal immigration, grooming.....

Dear God, that's hilarious. Stellar performance there 2lying.

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010

Cut government spending across the board. Raise retirement ages. This is the only path to real economic growth.

You can see what more spending does -- nothing but inflation.

You say conservatives have no solutions. What is your solution to inflation? Higher interest rates, i.e., higher prices after financing? That's not a solution to the personal balance sheet of a citizen.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
What are the stated agenda of the GOP to reduce inflation - increase housing cost?

You have two very good replies already. Both are valid. This is the M2 Money supply.

united-states-money-supply-m2.png

If we stayed on the pre-pandemic trend, the money supply today would be roughly 5000 Billion USD less (~17,000 Billion USD). That's a lot of extra money floating around.

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
You have two very good replies already. Both are valid. This is the M2 Money supply.

united-states-money-supply-m2.png

If we stayed on the pre-pandemic trend, the money supply today would be roughly 5000 Billion USD less (~17,000 Billion USD). That's a lot of extra money floating around.

Yep. This is the dirty little secret that you never see in the MSM news.

This is why my pension income is toast -- that 5 trillion dollar difference. My losses in real terms are like losing a house, or losing a family business.

When the Fed takes 5 trillion off its balance sheet I will be good (which is NEVER). Production/supply has to come up that much to stop inflation. Good luck with that under an expanding government.

How people do not see the folly with increases in public spending in a declining GDP environment I will never know. Just tons of economic ignorance.

junior1

May 29, 2001
I don't know..seems they were doing a pretty good job when they handed the government to Biden...1.4% inflation, remain in mexico and agreements with the governments of the "northern triangle" that fell apart under the leadership of our VP.
You can debate fault and credit, but it's impossible to debate the results.

junior1

May 29, 2001
Yep. This is the dirty little secret that you never see in the MSM news.

This is why my pension income is toast -- that 5 trillion dollar difference. My losses in real terms are like losing a house, or losing a family business.

When the Fed takes 5 trillion off its balance sheet I will be good (which is NEVER). Production/supply has to come up that much to stop inflation. Good luck with that under an expanding government.

How people do not see the folly with increases in public spending in a declining GDP environment I will never know. Just tons of economic ignorance.
and one of the posters yesterday was concerned about OZ's intelligence. He should be concerned about the intelligence of those that are there already

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
and one of the posters yesterday was concerned about OZ's intelligence. He should be concerned about the intelligence of those that are there already
Cardiac surgeons are pretty smart overall. Some quick googling showed average highest IQs among doctors, researchers on average. Compare that to Fetterman? lolol

Reactions: Zukovski and m.knox