ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State AD Patrick Kraft reasserts his disgust with Big Ten scheduling model (article)

File this under "be careful what you wish for". It CAN get worse. I just don't see the problem starting B10 on the road if you get 2 warm up games. Starting the SEASON on the road every year is BS though.

File this under "be careful what you wish for". It CAN get worse. I just don't see the problem starting B10 on the road if you get 2 warm up games. Starting the SEASON on the road every year is BS though.

Bullshit, there is a big, big difference between playing your first Conference away game in your 5th or 6th Game vs playing it in your 1st game of the year as PSU did this year, or your 3rd game as PSU will do next year.... your 1st game as PSU did in 2021 (@Wisco), your 1st game as PSU did in 2020 (@IU), your 4th game 2019 (@MD), your 4th game as PSU did in 2018 (@Ill), your 4th game as PSU did in 2017 (@Iowa) or your 4th game as PSU did in 2016 (@scUM).

For comparison purposes, let's look at when scUM and duhO$U played their first Conference road game over last 7 years (keep in mind 2020 was Covid Year and no OOC games were played and season was started in late-October and shortened).

scUM: This year 5th game @Iowa. 2021 - 5th game (@Wisconsin). 2020 - 1st game (@Minny), 2019 - 3rd game (@Wisco which scUM lost badly. Wisco took them to the woodshed 14-35), 2018 - 5th game (@NW), 2017 - 4th game (@Purdue) and 2016 - 6th game (@Rutgers).

duhO$U: This year 6th game @MSU, 2021 - 1st game (@Minny), 2020 - 2nd game (@PSU), 2019 - 3rd game (@IU), 2018 - 5th game (@PSU), 2017 - 1st game (@IU), 2016 - 6th game (@Wisco).

Bullshit, there is a big, big difference between playing your first Conference away game in your 5th or 6th Game vs playing it in your 1st game of the year as PSU did this year, or your 3rd game as PSU will do next year.... your 1st game as PSU did in 2021 (@Wisco), your 1st game as PSU did in 2020 (@IU), your 4th game 2019 (@MD), your 4th game as PSU did in 2018 (@Ill), your 4th game as PSU did in 2017 (@Iowa) or your 4th game as PSU did in 2016 (@scUM).

For comparison purposes, let's look at when scUM and duhO$U played their first Conference road game over last 7 years (keep in mind 2020 was Covid Year and no OOC games were played and season was started in late-October and shortened).

scUM: This year 5th game @Iowa. 2021 - 5th game (@Wisconsin). 2020 - 1st game (@Minny), 2019 - 3rd game (@Wisco which scUM lost badly. Wisco took them to the woodshed 14-35), 2018 - 5th game (@NW), 2017 - 4th game (@Purdue) and 2016 - 6th game (@Rutgers).

duhO$U: This year 6th game @MSU, 2021 - 1st game (@Minny), 2020 - 2nd game (@PSU), 2019 - 3rd game (@IU), 2018 - 5th game (@PSU), 2017 - 1st game (@IU), 2016 - 6th game (@Wisco).
I'm not denying that it appears the BIG is doing it on purpose. I'm wondering why it's a bad thing to play your 3rd game of the season on the road.

I'm not denying that it appears the BIG is doing it on purpose. I'm wondering why it's a bad thing to play your 3rd game of the season on the road.
I tend to agree. I’m not too worked up over 2023 though the fact that this goes on every year is way too much to be random chance and is intentional.

But it is the opening games that are the bigger deal. Those games have much more variability as a team settles in for the season and there absolutely should be an even split for a team between road or home conference games to begin the season. It’s pretty crap that we opened both at Purdue and at Wisconsin the past two seasons (2020 was a special case so I’m not even counting that)

I tend to agree. I’m not too worked up over 2023 though the fact that this goes on every year is way too much to be random chance and is intentional.

But it is the opening games that are the bigger deal. Those games have much more variability as a team settles in for the season and there absolutely should be an even split for a team between road or home conference games to begin the season. It’s pretty crap that we opened both at Purdue and at Wisconsin the past two seasons (2020 was a special case so I’m not even counting that)
Yea Doc, I think you and I are saying the same thing. I just don’t think this schedule is a hill to die on. The BIG front office doesn’t care anyway.

The whining by PSU is embarrassing and needs to stop. Those BIG road games have not been against programs like OSO, MSU, and Michigan. They have been against teams that are 2nd tier BIG teams. I am thankful for the gimme wins sandwiched around all the tough games in the 2023 schedule which is favorable to PSU.

The whining by PSU is embarrassing and needs to stop. Those BIG road games have not been against programs like OSO, MSU, and Michigan. They have been against teams that are 2nd tier BIG teams. I am thankful for the gimme wins sandwiched around all the tough games in the 2023 schedule which is favorable to PSU.
It's not whining, it's standing up for yourself moron.

Hmmm. Resorting to name calling instead of disagreeing in a civil manner. It says lot about you.
Hey Pot, you used the initial insulting words with the “whining” description.

As for next year, as others have said, it isn’t the overall opener. Add in it will be in a 4H/5R rotation year, and it is expected.

Doesn’t explain this year, or even 2020, when there were multiple renditions made with the knowledge PSU was already set up for 2 following overall road openers.

And it says even more about you that you call the only A.D. in this recent history of our University to stand up for it, a "whiner".

Can you read? My post does not mention the A.D. and it does not contain the word whiner.

Hey Pot, you used the initial insulting words with the “whining” description.

As for next year, as others have said, it isn’t the overall opener. Add in it will be in a 4H/5R rotation year, and it is expected.

Doesn’t explain this year, or even 2020, when there were multiple renditions made with the knowledge PSU was already set up for 2 following overall road openers.

First, nowhere in my post did I mention or call a poster on this message board a name.

Second, this is a message board for people to state their opinions. I stated my opinion. If you disagree that is fine. But to call a poster a name because you disagree with their opinion, is very immature.

First, nowhere in my post did I mention or call a poster on this message board a name.

Second, this is a message board for people to state their opinions. I stated my opinion. If you disagree that is fine. But to call a poster a name because you disagree with their opinion, is very immature.
Doesn't it take a whiner to whine?

You’re a troll account , 50 some messages in twenty years? Seems legit .

Reactions: Parkerdam555
You threw out an insult and used a generic descriptive term that could be applied to the program, the AD, or even the fans.
Your afterwards attempt at acting innocent and virtuous supports the idea that you, in essence, were purposefully poking a bear. Be thankful this is a message board and not a real bear.

Krafty got punked by the B1G and was told to go sit down. Treat your elders better young man. Who the f cares. Go win football games. Krafty get your coach to be elite!

• Love
Reactions: blair10
You threw out an insult and used a generic descriptive term that could be applied to the program, the AD, or even the fans.

Your afterwards attempt at acting innocent and virtuous supports the idea that you, in essence, were purposefully poking a bear. Be thankful this is a message board and not a real bear.

Like I said before, this is a message board for subscribers to post their opinions. If you don’t like to read other opinions, don’t read them or go to another board. Know this, I will continue to post my opinions whether you like them or not.

You do not own this board and you certainly don’t get to dictate what people post,

Like I said before, this is a message board for subscribers to post their opinions. If you don’t like to read other opinions, don’t read them or go to another board. Know this, I will continue to post my opinions whether you like them or not.

You do not own this board and you certainly don’t get to dictate what people post,
You sound like a whiner

ADVERTISEMENT