ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State adds Syracuse Director of HS relations Khalil Ahmad to staff

Interesting...maybe he has inroads into the NJ Parochial Schools, which we just can't break into....i.e. St. Peters Prep, Don Bosco, Bergen Catholic etc.

Good to hear, as we have been notably absent in Jersey for quite some time. And they have a bumper crop of players this coming cycle.

Reactions: Online Persona
Maybe he just got tired of having to shovel his roof.
My daughter is at Syracuse. I'll have to tease her about this hire. This is year two for her, it hasn't been quite that bad. They didn't get all that much when Buffalo was snowed under.

I'm shocked that we've had so few recruits from New Jersey. It used to be quite a pipeline for us. I hope Khalil can help fix that.

My daughter is at Syracuse. I'll have to tease her about this hire. This is year two for her, it hasn't been quite that bad. They didn't get all that much when Buffalo was snowed under.

I'm shocked that we've had so few recruits from New Jersey. It used to be quite a pipeline for us. I hope Khalil can help fix that.
If recruiting NJ is the reason for the hire, I am glad Franklin is thinking so strategically. Certainly recruiting VA was the reason for the wr coach hire.

I know some have mixed emotions about Coach..but man..he is " BRINGING IT" ! Love this hire...nd even more so..love the hire of Kraft as our AD..totally gets it and has been helping open up $$$...

If recruiting NJ is the reason for the hire, I am glad Franklin is thinking so strategically. Certainly recruiting VA was the reason for the wr coach hire.
There was a time where we did rather well in the North Jersey region- but we definitely lost ground to other premier programs over the past 2+ decades, especially for highly rated kids (Gary/Peppers to Michigan, Fitzpatrick to Bama, Wimbush to ND, Cushing to USC, Simms to Texas, Greg Olsen to Da U etc).

Wisconsin has done well in South Jersey for running backs ( Dayne, Taylor, Clement, Hill, Berger etc).

The Catholic school pipelines to places like BC and ND are well established and weighing our relative geography benefit versus their religious/ smaller private school selling points are hard to compare. Football is key but the other features are a matter of personal choice.

NIL of course changes everything.....

Glad this guy is on our side (for now anyway!)

Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT