ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State Countdown to Kickoff: A look at the '81 Fiesta Bowl team

I hate being "that guy" here, but that's pretty poorly written, and least of all because it says 1981 was JoePa's first season at the helm.

All that said, 1981 was one of my favorite squads.

I have fond memories of the 81 team and their strong
NFL draft class . I was a junior that year at PSU .

Reactions: PSUPride1
“the Nittany Lions went 10-2, winning the Lambert Trophy, the trophy annually given out to the best team in the East region every year from 1936 through (at least) 2020. It's unclear if it has been officially awarded in the 2021-2023 seasons…..If 2020 was the final year, the Nittany Lions were the winners of the Lambert Trophy 34 times.)”

A: If it was given out annually since 1936……it’s a bit more than 34.

B) Pitt was undefeated and won a national title in 1976 with Toney Dorset. Doubt we were awarded the Lambert that season.

Sleep is a vital human function……🤷🏾‍♂️

“the Nittany Lions went 10-2, winning the Lambert Trophy, the trophy annually given out to the best team in the East region every year from 1936 through (at least) 2020. It's unclear if it has been officially awarded in the 2021-2023 seasons…..If 2020 was the final year, the Nittany Lions were the winners of the Lambert Trophy 34 times.)”

A: If it was given out annually since 1936……it’s a bit more than 34.

B) Pitt was undefeated and won a national title in 1976 with Toney Dorset. Doubt we were awarded the Lambert that season.

Sleep is a vital human function……🤷🏾‍♂️

It was actually 32 times but full list here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT