ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State DE commit Max Granville reclassifies, signs with Nittany Lions

This is huge for the 2025 DE room. It’s one set to get hit hard by the draft, graduation, etc. Granville having a full year in the S&C program, learning the defense, adjusting to college life, etc. under his belt puts him in a position to play legitimate snaps next fall, snaps the defense will be in need of.

This is huge for the 2025 DE room. It’s one set to get hit hard by the draft, graduation, etc. Granville having a full year in the S&C program, learning the defense, adjusting to college life, etc. under his belt puts him in a position to play legitimate snaps next fall, snaps the defense will be in need of.
Two questions. Is this related to rosters moving to 105? And two, does this open another slot for 2025 class?

Does this mean he is enrolling now?

I would think this class, now reduced to 21, can take another 6 or 7. Space in the 2005 class is not a problem. Finding another quality 6 or 7 targets is. Right now we are in on just 3 or 4 possibilities.

So now I am confused. He ‘reclassified’ and will be on campus this fall. Does this mean he accelerated his high school degree and graduated early?

If so, how old is he? I know some kids in Tx and other hot spots often stay in school longer by repeating a grade in middle school so they are bigger by high school. So he might be 18 already. Or even 19.

If he is only 17, perhaps he should have stayed in high school. Or will he be redshirted this year?

Strange situation…..🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: LMTLION
So now I am confused. He ‘reclassified’ and will be on campus this fall. Does this mean he accelerated his high school degree and graduated early?

If so, how old is he? I know some kids in Tx and other hot spots often stay in school longer by repeating a grade in middle school so they are bigger by high school. So he might be 18 already. Or even 19.

If he is only 17, perhaps he should have stayed in high school. Or will he be redshirted this year?

His dad was a LB with the Bengals--I trust his judgement here.
He's listed as 18

Quinn Ewers, also from Texas, did the same thing. Not sure if it’s a state thing, but it happens occasionally. Tony Grimes, the CB who we were in on out of HS, and also this year out of the portal, reclassified and joined UNC early. They really rushed him into playing though.

I’d be surprised if Granville doesn’t redshirt. He’s probably the 6th DE right now. I’m sure they’ll get him in 4 games though.

Quinn Ewers, also from Texas, did the same thing. Not sure if it’s a state thing, but it happens occasionally. Tony Grimes, the CB who we were in on out of HS, and also this year out of the portal, reclassified and joined UNC early. They really rushed him into playing though.

I’d be surprised if Granville doesn’t redshirt. He’s probably the 6th DE right now. I’m sure they’ll get him in 4 games though.
I would assume he is going to redshirt but he will go thrrrough this years fall camp, learn some of the defense, maybe play in four games, go through off-season S&C, and then Spring practice in in 2025 with an opportunity to make the 2-deep for 2025.

Between NIL, revenue sharing, scholarships going to 105 and now reclassifying years, we really need to unlearn everything we have learned about college football!

Reactions: mnuccio2

So was he always going to reclassify? Because if he can easily graduate now from high school then what was he doing in high school for another year if he didn't reclassify?

So was he always going to reclassify? Because if he can easily graduate now from high school then what was he doing in high school for another year if he didn't reclassify?
In many states good students only need one or two credits to graduate as a senior(English and math). My guess is that he was probably someone who already had calculus or something that took care of the math (generally it’s 3 credits of algebra 1 and above) and he only needed one English class to graduate. He probably took that as a summer school class and then graduated early.

In many states good students only need one or two credits to graduate as a senior(English and math). My guess is that he was probably someone who already had calculus or something that took care of the math (generally it’s 3 credits of algebra 1 and above) and he only needed one English class to graduate. He probably took that as a summer school class and then graduated early.
Thank you for the clarification. This is good news as our DT room is thin after this year.

Reactions: bison13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT