ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State DE Nick Tarburton declares for NFL Draft

Guess I was thinking Chop and Sutton need to get a lot of snaps. Then I think of Fisher, Vanover, Vilbert, Isaac....and Lyons, Robinson, Mupoyi ...My question would be how many can you keep happy?

I agree with you. I'm linking us taking 2 HS senior DEs with the transfers and Tarburton moving on. Not so much trying to keep anybody.

Townley looked to put on decent size, but you could see he was extremely weak compared to those playing ahead of him. Minnesota's worn out starters had their way with him.

McGraw never saw the field to my knowledge. Guessing he was trying to get close to home (committed to Louisville, which borders Indiana and just hired Brohm from Purdue, who probably recruited him out of HS). Similar to Brevard, not every recruit is going to be a hit.

Tarburton was fine and would have been OK to return, but he's likely hit his ceiling. Those who want to be better than 10-2 should be fine with him moving on. He's never going to be that dominating edge type guy who shifts a game.

Issac is kind of a quasi Oweh/Toney player without the production nor outstanding measurables. If he leaves, I'd have to assume a DE is coming in the portal.

Vilbert seems to be on the Beamon path to returning. DDS and Chop will be tough to keep off the field next year.

ADVERTISEMENT