ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State DE Zuriah Fisher is OUT indefinitely with an injury

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
Last edited by a moderator:
He’s also a redshirt senior, not junior. Fortunately we are loaded at DE this year.

Frankly I can't believe we are approaching July and we have not had a career ending injury to a major star. This has happened nearly every preseason for the past 5 or 6 years. No I'm not jinxing it, just pointing it out.

Frankly I can't believe we are approaching July and we have not had a career ending injury to a major star. This has happened nearly every preseason for the past 5 or 6 years. No I'm not jinxing it, just pointing it out.
200w.gif

Reactions: EdwardoCarrachio
I ate seeing guys' careers derailed with multiple injuries. I have always thought that ZF would shine at some point. I hope he gets the chance to.
Yes, seems to have some real talent. Just cannot stay healthy long enough to make the impact on the field.

Yes, seems to have some real talent. Just cannot stay healthy long enough to make the impact on the field.
That's the problem with injury prone players: they get injured and you can't rely on them.

When I started a new job at a downtown Pittsburgh law firm in October 2000, one of the partners told me that showing up accounted for 90% of being a good employee.

I feel sorry for him, but it appears as if his body just can't withstand the rigors of playing a sport like football.

Big, if true. 🤣
It's disconcerting that he's the second defensive player who now is expected to miss significant time with an undisclosed injury sustained during spring practice, which ended over two months ago. I say this because, unfortunately, you always have to take into account that at least one to two, if not more, players will sustain season ending injuries beginning with the August practices, usually in the form of a torn ACL. Now, we've already lost two defensive players for an undetermined time, and the real hitting hasn't even started yet.

Just think of how many injuries we'd have if players were actually practicing football.

Reactions: Ski
Zuriah Fisher is being reported to have suffered an injury and will be out for an extended period of time. He's a RS Junior. Lets hope he gets well and is back on the field soon.

This kid has had a rough go of it. I wish him nothing but the best but he hasn't really shown much when he has played IMHO.

I thought that ZF could have added a fair bit to the team against run heavy teams.

He seemed to be a little thicker than some of our other DEs. I thought that he was playing well in the 2nd half of 2023.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT