ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Penn State-Michigan State Match Thread

98lberEating2Lunches

Feb 11, 2018
No Brooks (Ball)
Barraclough going.

Levi officially remains in redshirt. It's an ongoing discussion. No comment about Iowa next week other than that's one we really want to win.

Greg handling loss fine. No excuse about an illness.

Nothing really happening in the transfer portal right now.

Per Coach Kennedy at PSWC social.

Disappointed no Levi or Brooks. Both have quality opponents. I don’t mind seeing guy sitting out vs nobodies but Saldate and Makcewski (spelling) are solid.

Can’t imagine Levi not being the guy at this point so not sure what sitting out this match does? Brooks obviously a huge favorite but with only like 7 matches on the year makes this kind of a head scratcher to me.

Yes..Cael knows best. He is the GOAT wrestler and Coach, that being said as a fan who wants to see our best guys compete every match unless injured is disappointing

Levi deserved the break, and Cael the wriley smile with the continuing intrigue.

I'll eat Brands'twisted tennis shoe is Levi doesn't go Friday.

As for Brooks. He's ready there may be a bug going around the room. I kind of expected Kerk to get a sit today. He didn't pass the eye test and it seemed more than just Parris being that good.

not sure what sitting out this match does?
Prior discussions occurred with both wrestlers earlier this week. Then the decision was made to split the duals based on the best interest of both wrestlers.

Nothing wrong with Brooks.

Keeping everyone healthy and in good spirits is a priority.

(If I understand Coach Kennedy correctly.)

Reactions: diggerpup
Prior discussions occurred with both wrestlers earlier this week. Then the decision was made to split the duals based on the best interest of both wrestlers.

Nothing wrong with Brooks.

Keeping everyone healthy and in good spirits is a priority.

(If I understand Coach Kennedy correctly.)
I’m gonna use this when an Iowa guy sits out.

Gary is technically sound but he’s giving up 5-10lbs to a lot of his competitition.

If there was a 118lb class with current weigh in rules he’d be pretty good.

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
Disappointed no Levi or Brooks. Both have quality opponents. I don’t mind seeing guy sitting out vs nobodies but Saldate and Makcewski (spelling) are solid.

Can’t imagine Levi not being the guy at this point so not sure what sitting out this match does? Brooks obviously a huge favorite but with only like 7 matches on the year makes this kind of a head scratcher to me.

Yes..Cael knows best. He is the GOAT wrestler and Coach, that being said as a fan who wants to see our best guys compete every match unless injured is disappointing

Actually, Cael has mentioned in prior Press Conferences that the guys like Brooks, RBY, Starrocci.... have final say on which duals they will compete in, so you're tilting at windmills on this one imho.

Like it or not, RBY, Carter and AB get a better match if they can get Gilman, Dake/Nolf and DT to roll with them than they would against MSU and many other schools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT