ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State opens as 4.5-point underdogs versus Ohio State

Dog at home against 1 loss team. Difference between elite and good.
That's what half game performances and lack of detail produce.

Psu has yet to play a game for all 4 quarters and we are on game 8.

Gutsy win but the signs of 2 losses are there. Not to be a negative Nancy but the trend is there.

Gutsy win but the signs of 2 losses are there. Not to be a negative Nancy but the trend is there.
After OSU I don’t see a team that is even close to PSU with or without Allar.

2 losses are certainly possible but we should be favored in every remaining game except OSU.

This should piss our team off reasonably. 4.5 dogs at home, undefeated and ranked #3. I know I know, we haven't performed in this spot, but OSU hasn't exactly been playing peerless football.

I don't agree with the odds. Ohio state's offensive line was very thin before the injuries to the two left tackles. It is very possible that the left tackle for Ohio State will be an open door. That is how Nebraska stayed in the game. If OSU'S QB had had time to throw, I OSU would have easily scored 50 points against Nebraska. As it was, because OSU couldn't run its offense, OSU barely squeaked out a win.

Last edited:
Reactions: dbbp
I don't agree with the odds. Ohio state's offensive line was very thin before the injuries to the two left tackles. It is very possible that the left tackle for Ohio State will be an open door. That is how Nebraska stayed in the game. If OSU'S QB had had time to throw, I wish you would have easily scored 50 points against Nebraska. As it was, because OSU couldn't run its offense, OSU barely squeaked out a win.
And that's Penn State's path to victory if Allar is out. Hope for a 14-13 type game in which our DL causes chaos all day long.
The line is pretty good--we'll see how it changes. I'm guessing it gets to 6

Who are the two lossses? There are no signs of that

Reactions: PSUQBKeeper
I don't agree with the odds. Ohio state's offensive line was very thin before the injuries to the two left tackles. It is very possible that the left tackle for Ohio State will be an open door. That is how Nebraska stayed in the game. If OSU'S QB had had time to throw, I OSU would have easily scored 50 points against Nebraska. As it was, because OSU couldn't run its offense, OSU barely squeaked out a win.
Howard is missing Simmons, but the RB’s are too. He was a very big part of the OSU offense. They did a lot of running to his side.

Reactions: dailybuck777
2 losses are certainly possible but we should be favored in every remaining game except OSU.

According to the OP's logic, duhO$U is insanely over-valued in the betting market. duhO$U played a far worse game against a far inferior opponent yesterday - duhO$U only put up 285 yards of total offense yesterday, including only 64 yards rushing on 31 rushing attempts (2.1 ypc). Playing @Home against a Nebraska team that lost last week to Indiana 56-7 giving up 495 yards of Total Offense and 215 rushing yards to Indiana???

The reality is that PSU won the game going away and easily covered the spread while duhO$U laid a complete egg against a mediocre-to-bad team - almost lost and didn't even remotely sniff covering the spread as a massive home-favorite. I would be very hesitant to bet what looks like an insanely over-rated duhO$U team as road-favorite.

Howard is missing Simmons, but the RB’s are too. He was a very big part of the OSU offense. They did a lot of running to his side.
100% agree. I posted when he went down against Oregon that OSU probably doesn't have a chance to win the national championship because he was so important to the team

I will add that Penn State was Will Howard's favorite team and he hoped to be recruited by them but wasn't. He is really amped up for the game. However, won't matter if he is flat on his back all day.

LMAO, you do realize that duhO$U was favored by 25.5 @Home over a bad Nebraska team yesterday (meanwhile, PSU easily covered on the road yesterday contrary to your lame analysis). So given all your sage analysis based on a betting line - could we get your incredibly insightful analysis of duhO$U's really bad win yesterday @home (where they barely beat a bad Nebraska team and failed to cover the spread by a massive 22.5 points)????

Last edited:
First, we'll hear that "Washington is going to be tough." Then Minnesota. Then Maryland.

Some wet blanket will chime in about Purdue too.
While PSU will be favorites in each, both Minny and MD ’could’ cause trouble

Time for PSU to make a stand. There are questions regarding player’s health on both sides and IIRC at least 1 OSU defender has to sit out the first half for targeting on Saturday.

No more empty talk about addressing slow starts, only for more slow starts. This week they need to come out on fire from opening kick to have a chance at an upset.

They will need close to a perfect game, especially if Allar remains out. This will be a week where the D is going to have to carry the team.

I haven't bet yet--we need to see if Allar is playing plus Donkoh.
It's weird you or anyone else would even question that I bet big all weekend but whatever you need kiddo
You bet fantasy bucks, lil guy.

The only way you'd have 10K or 20K to bet on a game is if you were the victim of an accident that caused head trauma ... explaining your current overwhelming neurodivergence ... and you got a huge, huge settlement as a result of some wrongful action by the other party.

They've sucked for the last couple of years and has been the weak spot-unit of OSU. I'm not as familiar with OSU as you obviously are, but I'll be surprised if the OL coach is still there after this season.

BTW, what's going on with your DL and lack of pressure on the opposing QB especially with all of the High 4 and 5 stars on that unit? I've read that Larry Johnson might be gone after this year.

You bet fantasy bucks, lil guy.

The only way you'd have 10K or 20K to bet on a game is if you were the victim of an accident that caused head trauma ... explaining your current overwhelming neurodivergence ... and you got a huge, huge settlement as a result of some wrongful action by the other party.
Again, we've discussed this before but you don't read
You can pretend I'm stupid all you want but I'm ALMOST always proven right--notice you haven't commented on Franklin apologizing for how poorly we handled the press conference. It was a fact we botched that to which they've admitted. See, when mistakes are made that actually say it.

I will add that Penn State was Will Howard's favorite team and he hoped to be recruited by them but wasn't. He is really amped up for the game. However, won't matter if he is flat on his back all day.
YEP, I think this game will be decided by the PSU DL vs. OSU OL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT