ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State Position Previews: Tight Ends

Warren looked like the better overall TE last year but Theo passed the "looks test". I've heard that Theo may well start for the G-men and is having a great camp so far. And I've heard that Rapp is the real deal while Reynolds has impressed but probably won't play much unless one of the top three go down.

Overall, the point is, these TEs are great pieces to have at Crazy Kotelnicki puts together his schemes. I think Warren needs to be tight but both Rapp and Dinkins could be moved out wide in pre-snap motions causing the D to have to cover a lot of ground. The D can see a 3TE package and load up for a run stop but PSU will get a one-on-one matchup against a LB deep or in the seem.

If PSU doesn't get really creative with out offensive depth at QB, RB and TE it will be out own fault. I mean, it is just sitting there looking at us.

Warren looked like the better overall TE last year but Theo passed the "looks test". I've heard that Theo may well start for the G-men and is having a great camp so far. And I've heard that Rapp is the real deal while Reynolds has impressed but probably won't play much unless one of the top three go down.

Overall, the point is, these TEs are great pieces to have at Crazy Kotelnicki puts together his schemes. I think Warren needs to be tight but both Rapp and Dinkins could be moved out wide in pre-snap motions causing the D to have to cover a lot of ground. The D can see a 3TE package and load up for a run stop but PSU will get a one-on-one matchup against a LB deep or in the seem.

If PSU doesn't get really creative with out offensive depth at QB, RB and TE it will be out own fault. I mean, it is just sitting there looking at us.

Bingo. You have to be multiple and flexible.

Reactions: RickinDayton

If the offensive staff hasn't studied how Andy Reid has utilized the tight end in the last two seasons without a game breaking wide receiver, then that's coaching malfeasance. In fact, Franklin should've sent the offensive staff to meet with Reid and his staff this past offseason. KC has won the last two Super Bowls without much contribution from their wide receivers and, in 2023, their wide receivers were downright bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT