ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State stays put at No.11 in the latest CFP rankings

Now you're getting it! The whole concept of a committee picking the best teams is stupid. We are long past due for a playoff with clearly defined qualification criteria. The simplest answer is to form a playoff consisting of every conference champ and then settle it on the field. Who cares if there might be a better team on paper that doesn't win their conference, that's how sports work.

I’ve always said it. It’s just maddening for Lando to use various criteria to prop up or tear down certain schools while acting like it’s anything other than completely arbitrary.

Every “official” argument (two losses vs other teams having only one, one blowout loss, best win is kinda flukey) against putting us in the playoff applies to LSU but now we’re going to throw all that out and make the case for LSU to make it over 1 loss conference champs.

Hell we probably had a stronger argument then than LSU would have now seeing that we were jumped by a team that didn’t even win its division and we’d beaten them h2h.

Reactions: Online Persona
Hell we probably had a stronger argument then than LSU would have now seeing that we were jumped by a team that didn’t even win its division and we’d beaten them h2h.

Just to be clear, we were never "jumped" by tOSU in 2016 in the sense that they were ranked below us and then moved ahead of us. They were higher than PSU in every CFP in 2016 (PSU climbed by #12 in the first poll to #5 in the final one).

Just to be clear, we were never "jumped" by tOSU in 2016 in the sense that they were ranked below us and then moved ahead of us. They were higher than PSU in every CFP in 2016 (PSU climbed by #12 in the first poll to #5 in the final one).

I meant jumped in terms of passed over, not literal. Doesn't change the point.

The fact that people are arguing a 2 loss SEC champ should potentially be selected over a 1 loss Pac-12 or ACC Champ when a 2 loss Big Ten Champ had no business being selected over a 1 loss team it had beaten in its own division is nutty.

USC doesn't have big wins... Except for wins over current 18 and 21. Their single loss is better than either of LSU's losses. (1 point on the road to the current #14 vs 1 point home loss to #16 and a 27 point home loss to #10.) Love how everything he doubled down on defending Bama doesn't apply to this situation.

Bama has big wins though over current 20 and 23.
I'm sorry is Bama ranked ahead of USC? No--LSU has better wins than USC--reality again but ignore it.

I'm sorry is Bama ranked ahead of USC? No--LSU has better wins than USC--reality again but ignore it.

That’s not what you said. You said usc does not have big wins, not that LSU’s are better. You said they do not have big wins, period. They have two (your definition not mine).

So if we are back to big wins again.

Oregon has better wins than bama.
Washington has better wins than bama.
UT has better wins than bama.

You cannot argue for LSU over USC and Bama over those 3 using the same criteria.

Hell I can probably find three loss teams with better wins since having an extra loss doesn’t matter using Landologic.

Last edited:
That’s not what you said. You said usc does not have big wins, not that LSU’s are better. You said they do not have big wins, period. They have two (your definition not mine).

So if we are back to big wins again.

Oregon has better wins than bama.
Washington has better wins than bama.
UT has better wins than bama.

You cannot argue for LSU over USC and Bama over those 3 using the same criteria.
Again "care more about BIG WINS than losses" not only. Why is this beyond your comprehension?

You absolutely can argue for LSU over USC and Bama over those 3 using their resumes when you care more about wins than losses.

Again "care more about BIG WINS than losses" not only. Why is this beyond your comprehension?

You absolutely can argue for LSU over USC and Bama over those 3 using their resumes when you care more about wins than losses.

Does usc have big wins. Yes or no.

(You’ve already said they don’t so let’s see you stick to your guns)

Simple yes or no question and you can’t answer it.

When you care more about wins than loses defend bama over Washington, UT and Oregon.
I'm not the committee. Do I consider them big wins? No. Does the committee? Yes
Why don't you comprehend that.

More not only. They have two ranked wins both on the road. It's not a hard thing to figure out. Road wins always carry more weight.

I'm not the committee. Do I consider them big wins? No. Does the committee? Yes
Why don't you comprehend that.

More not only. They have two ranked wins both on the road. It's not a hard thing to figure out. Road wins always carry more weight.

What's more bigglier, a win against a top ten team on the road or one ranked 20-25?

I do like the latest pivot btw. When your logic falls apart you just add a variable to see if that changes the math.

What's more bigglier, a win against a top ten team on the road or one ranked 20-25?

I do like the latest pivot btw. When your logic falls apart you just add a variable to see if that changes the math.
Alabama has 2, not 1, road wins over ranked teams. Who else has two road wins over ranked teams you want me to compare them to?
There's no pivot. This goes to you not taking "care more about Big Wins than losses" and thinking it means you only take 1 win and compare the teams. You know that's not what was said but here we are with your nonsense.

Alabama has 2, not 1, road wins over ranked teams. Who else has two road wins over ranked teams you want me to compare them to?
There's no pivot. This goes to you not taking "care more about Big Wins than losses" and thinking it means you only take 1 win and compare the teams. You know that's not what was said but here we are with your nonsense.

Again. The pivot. Now its road wins > home wins. Washington has a road win over #6 Oregon and home win over #24 Oregon State. It's more impressive than road wins over #20 and #23.

UT has road wins over two top ten programs including a 27 point shellacking.

Point me to a quote of yours prior to today where you argued the merits of road wins.

Again. The pivot. Now its road wins > home wins. Washington has a road win over #6 Oregon and #24 Oregon State. It's more impressive than road wins over #20 and #23.

UT has road wins over two top ten programs including a 27 point shellacking.
So, you're pretending road wins don't carry more weight?
Tennessee does have 2 elite wins so that's step one which they care most about then they look at other factors so let's go to their losses and figure out why those wins kept them above us but not Bama.
Washington has a huge win at Oregon which I acknowledge. Washington climbed greatly after that as they weren't respected at all prior to those 2 back to back wins over the Oregon teams. That still doesn't trump Alabama. Unfortunately for Washington Michigan State is Auburn level bad.

So, you're pretending road wins don't carry more weight?
Tennessee does have 2 elite wins so that's step one which they care most about then they look at other factors so let's go to their losses and figure out why those wins kept them above us but not Bama.
Washington has a huge win at Oregon which I acknowledge. Washington climbed greatly after that as they weren't respected at all prior to those 2 back to back wins over the Oregon teams. That still doesn't trump Alabama. Unfortunately for Washington Michigan State is Auburn level bad.

So now all top 25 wins are equal with the only differentiation being if they're home or away.

Meh wins over borderline teams trumps all if they're on the road.

You're a joke man. Get saban's cock out of your mouth.

So now all top 25 wins are equal with the only differentiation being if they're home or away.

That's not what I said--read it again
I don't care where Alabama is ranked but unlike you I comprehend simple things like how the committee is going to rank teams. It's exactly what I said other than I think Clemson should be behind Tennessee though the Hooker injury made that possible. If not, Tennessee is likely 7
Oh and unlike you I'm not a child so I don't care about the last comment. That's a sign that you're desperate because you know you're wrong.

That's not what I said--read it again
I don't care where Alabama is ranked but unlike you I comprehend simple things like how the committee is going to rank teams. It's exactly what I said other than I think Clemson should be behind Tennessee though the Hooker injury made that possible. If not, Tennessee is likely 7
Oh and unlike you I'm not a child so I don't care about the last comment. That's a sign that you're desperate because you know you're wrong.

He comprehends things, Fastlax. You just don't have his "special" abilities. LMAO

He also comprehends Written Rules the diametric opposite of what is written...., so there's that.

He comprehends things, Fastlax. You just don't have his "special" abilities. LMAO

He also comprehends Written Rules the diametric opposite of what is written...., so there's that.
Says the liar who claimed I said Purdue couldn't win 8 games and that they said Ohio would win the MAC not Central Michigan
Also, it wasn't OPI and the call on the field supports that--sorry the world hates you

Says the liar who claimed I said Purdue couldn't win 8 games and that they said Ohio would win the MAC not Central Michigan
Also, it wasn't OPI and the call on the field supports that--sorry the world hates you
At the end of the day it doesn't matter one bit what you think or anyone else outside of the committee which I am sure is soooo unbiased. This horse is dead so stop beating it which I know you won't.

No you said I was wrong in stating that Purdue would reach their win total from last year (you made this statement recently regarding my statement after Purdue started the season 1-2). You absolutely did say it a-hole and what I said after the 3rd week (in rebuttal to your claim that Purdue was garbage and likely wouldn't even be .500) was that Purdue would likely at least match their win total from last year (9-4) - nothing about what you just said dipshit liar. You made a post after Purdue lost to Iowa making them 5-4 that I was "wrong" about my claim that Purdue would likely match their win total from last year that I made after the 3rd week of the season. You're such a joke dipshit.

Come on guys, it’s Thanksgiving. No need to argue or fight over college football when we all know that big wins vs bad losses vs wins on the road vs ranked losses all don’t matter. That’s all just a distraction.

What really matters is Herby’s “eye test” regarding their “body of work”. That’s the most important criteria. That flips yearly (and often in season) to whatever works out best for the SEC/Ohio State and the matchups the tv networks would prefer. ;)

If I’m TCU, I’d be pretty worried about USC right now. If they beat Notre Dame and then Oregon in the PAC championship I could see them jumping TCU for a playoff spot.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter one bit what you think or anyone else outside of the committee which I am sure is soooo unbiased. This horse is dead so stop beating it which I know you won't.
Why do you think you'd respond and I wouldn't comment. You're correct--it doesn't matter what anyone in the committee thinks so why are people mad about obvious decisions they're making. Nothing in the rankings was surprising.

No you said I was wrong in stating that Purdue would reach their win total from last year (you made this statement recently regarding my statement after Purdue started the season 1-2). You absolutely did say it a-hole and what I said after the 3rd week (in rebuttal to your claim that Purdue was garbage and likely wouldn't even be .500) was that Purdue would likely at least match their win total from last year (9-4) - nothing about what you just said dipshit liar. You made a post after Purdue lost to Iowa making them 5-4 that I was "wrong" about my claim that Purdue would likely match their win total from last year that I made after the 3rd week of the season. You're such a joke dipshit.
You changed your story. Not once have I ever said Purdue couldn't win 8 games. I think the west is garbage and have said so all year which means anyone in the west can win 8 games. You make up stuff as you go. You said "a couple weeks ago" not are saying after the 3rd week which is also false. Find the quote like I did.

Let's see about Tennessee after this week at vandy
Yeah, if they lose to Vandy they fall below us. Maybe they do without Hooker. As long as they win thought they'll stay ahead of us as beating Michigan State has zero meaning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT