ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State to make the CFP odds

I can tell you that Ole Miss, scUM, and Colorado will not make it!
I think Ole Miss gets in but definitely not Colorado. And Michigan is borderline as they have to replace nearly their whole offense although their defense will be solid again. And keep in mind, Michigan will have a first-time HC that can't rely on Harbaugh anymore and make decisions on his own

I just don't see any team in the B1G going undefeated this year including OSU and Oregon. The league will be a meat grinder and I guess you can say the same for the SEC.

I think Ole Miss gets in but definitely not Colorado. And Michigan is borderline as they have to replace nearly their whole offense although their defense will be solid again. And keep in mind, Michigan will have a first-time HC that can't rely on Harbaugh anymore and make decisions on his own

I just don't see any team in the B1G going undefeated this year including OSU and Oregon. The league will be a meat grinder and I guess you can say the same for the SEC.
It’s also UM’s first full season without knowing the opposition’s plays. It could be a tough year for them!

It’s also UM’s first full season without knowing the opposition’s plays. It could be a tough year for them!
Their schedule includes Texas, Oregon, USC and OSU - just a killer schedule. They also have Washington (they lost a lot), Minny and Illinois - all three could end up decent and possibly spring and upset or two in the conference. USC is the huge question mark. If they can ever put together a decent defense, watch out

Reactions: LMTLION
Ole Miss schedule

Furman
Middle Tennessee
At Wake Forest
Ga Southern
Kentucky
South Carolina
At LSU
Bye
Oklahoma
Arkansas
Georgia (at home)
Bye
Florida
Egg Bowl

11-1 best case scenario (does anybody see them beating UGA today?)
10-2/9-3 are very likely (LSU and OU, but what do they have)

Kentucky early and Florida late is probably reverse of how I'd want them scheduled, but neither are expected to be great.

No Bama. No Texas. Without comparing the other schedules, 10-2 is fringe playoff bound for basically everyone aka "the argument over the 4 seed is now over the 12."

LSU starts things off with USC so with a win there, both SHOULD be undefeated by the time they play with 1 common opponent to that point (The Fightin' Shane Beamers).

Texas schedule

Colorado St
Michigan
UTSA
UL Monroe
Miss St
Bye
Oklahoma
UGA
Vandy
Bye
Florida
Arkansas
Kentucky
A&M

We'll know something after the Michigan game. Red River AND the Bulldogs b2b is terrible, but it sets up some coasting down the stretch. No Bama, no Ole Miss, no LSU.

11-1 seems to be the best bet, but 9-3 isn't unrealistic either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT