ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State v. Indiana Dual Thread (2/5/23)

Is every Irishman built with an insane Alcohol tolerance and a great singing voice? Ladies included of course .

He should stop play Wagon Wheel and leave it to Old Crow Medicine Show. It is as bad as Guns and Roses doing Knocking on Heavens Door.

This is what they call red dirt music if you’re not familiar. Some call it Texas country .
Maybe Americana, southern rock/blues, it’s a somewhat of a mishmash . Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers, formerly the refreshments, is from Arizona. From him I found out about cross Canadian ragweed, now Cody Canada . That lead to these guys.
The first was whiskey Myers who I learned about from Yellowstone. In fact Yellowstone is often credited for the push for many of these acts.
The most Nashville act I watch is Ashley McBryde( no relation to Martina). She’s solid.

Check her out:

This is the song that got me, my father in law was a wonderful man . He was a Methodist minister and passed away 4/2017.
Loved hunting and fishing and a real man of god. He didn’t carry a .44 magnum but loved his family , worked hard, and loved the lord.

I 2nd that.
Of particular note was Marley> Clapton which is not the common opine.

Addendum: John Lennon solo music sucks.
I like Clapton, too, and he's a great guitarist, but his work very derivative, mainly old blues at first, but it's not surprising he tried to appropriate reggae for himself as well.

The Wailers were musical pioneers at the forefront of a brand new genre of music, comparable to Nirvana (grunge), the Grateful Dead (jamband), or Black Sabbath (metal). Clapton's place in music history is not even comparable to Marley's.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
I like Clapton, too, and he's a great guitarist, but his work very derivative, mainly old blues at first, but it's not surprising he tried to appropriate reggae for himself as well.

The Wailers were musical pioneers at the forefront of a brand new genre of music, comparable to Nirvana (grunge), the Grateful Dead (jamband), or Black Sabbath (metal). Clapton's place in music history is not even comparable to Marley's.
Well.....that can be argued, a lot. He covered a song, he didn't appropriate Reggae.

Reactions: Random4598375
Well.....that can be argued, a lot. He covered a song, he didn't appropriate Reggae.
Yeah, that's true in the sense that he didn't try to redefine himself as a reggae artist, but still, it was more derivative than original. Hendrix covered Watchtower and transformed it into an entirely different song. Clapton played a pretty cool cover.

Yes I agree completely, when chasing a groundhog with a spoon its very important to keep your high heels tight and fitting properly..

Yeah, that's true in the sense that he didn't try to redefine himself as a reggae artist, but still, it was more derivative than original. Hendrix covered Watchtower and transformed it into an entirely different song. Clapton played a pretty cool cover.
That's a good point, Disturbed did a great cover of Sound Of Silence for example. While I enjoy both I prefer their version because it seems more fed up and angry than hopeful and positive. It would've been nice if the newer version was available for The Watchmen.

Reactions: PSU Yinzer
That's a good point, Disturbed did a great cover of Sound Of Silence for example. While I enjoy both I prefer their version because it seems more fed up and angry than hopeful and positive. It would've been nice if the newer version was available for The Watchmen.
Disturbed has quite the knack for great re-makes but SOS blew me away, prolly in my top 5 remakes OAT.
The Metallica re-make album bullshit? Not one good remake on there IYAM.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
I just watched the full match with Carter, I'm not seeing that Carter did anything over the line other than his tweet.
D.J. had some skates on for sure.

Reactions: danoftw
I just watched the full match with Carter, I'm not seeing that Carter did anything over the line other than his tweet.
giphy.gif

No doubt. If you watch the altercation directly after the buzzer, it is clearly initiated by Washington - including the contact as they are both attempting to rise to their feet. Carter has him completely bellied-out right as match is ending. Carter releases pressure on his upper-body and starts to get ready to stand up in anticipation of horn. As Carter does this, Washington aggressively rises to his knees (horn is sounding at this point) and violently pushing back into Carter as they are both coming to their feet. Washington continues to back into Carter as they both get to their feet and then wheels 180 degrees so he's right in Carter's face.

Did you notice how Washington ignored the Mat Ref and focused 100% of his attention at jawing and threatening Carter to the exclusion of everything else - never even attempts to take his ankle wraps off at center mat. Pretty lame given his behavior when the match was live and had plenty of opportunity to show Carter how tough he is.

No doubt. If you watch the altercation directly after the buzzer, it is clearly initiated by Washington - including the contact as they are both attempting to rise to their feet. Carter has him completely bellied-out right as match is ending. Carter releases pressure on his upper-body and starts to get ready to stand up in anticipation of horn. As Carter does this, Washington aggressively rises to his knees (horn is sounding at this point) and violently pushing back into Carter as they are both coming to their feet. Washington continues to back into Carter as they both get to their feet and then wheels 180 degrees so he's right in Carter's face.

Did you notice how Washington ignored the Mat Ref and focused 100% of his attention at jawing and threatening Carter to the exclusion of everything else - never even attempts to take his ankle wraps off at center mat. Pretty lame given his behavior when the match was live and had plenty of opportunity to show Carter how tough he is.
Carter took the mat against Rutgers, so if the coaches saw that it was nothing on his part, all should be good. I'll trust in Cael & Co always.

Reactions: pish69
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT