ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State will finish the season ranked _____?

7th is about right given what's in front of us, 5 and 6 already winning and the playoff teams pretty well slotted barring a blowout.

It's possible we jump Wisconsin but the difference b/w 6 and 7 is insignificant.

7th or 8th. We're not jumping Ohio State or Wisconsin or the playoff teams. If Auburn wins they'll stay ahead of us. Not sure who you all think we jump. Maybe Bama?

They will finish 7th or 8th, but they should be much much higher. They had a 14 point lead in every game but Iowa. They lost two games on the road in the 4th qtr by 4 total points. They blew teams out

If Alabama or Clemson had the resume Penn State had this year, they'd be in the playoffs without a doubt. The B1G was the best conference in the nation this year and were penalized by not making the playoff because of it

Reactions: BBrown
I think PSU should be ranked 7th in the country. However, I have no faith in the ranking system so I wouldn't be surprised if the ranked the Lions between 10 to 6.

Last edited:
Winner of Championship Game
Loser of Championship Game
Ohio State
Wisky
Loser of National Semi
Other Loser of National Semi
Penn State if Auburn loses
Penn State if Auburn wins

Reactions: stf110
They will finish 7th or 8th, but they should be much much higher. They had a 14 point lead in every game but Iowa. They lost two games on the road in the 4th qtr by 4 total points. They blew teams out

If Alabama or Clemson had the resume Penn State had this year, they'd be in the playoffs without a doubt. The B1G was the best conference in the nation this year and were penalized by not making the playoff because of it
One thing I found interesting by the bloviating ESPN idiots during the pre game show was that PSU has trailed for the least amount of plays by any other team in college football and the number was something like 34 I think....pretty amazing stuff by our boys this year.

....and they did it the PSU way with class!

Winner of Championship Game
Loser of Championship Game
Ohio State
Wisky
Loser of National Semi
Other Loser of National Semi
Penn State if Auburn loses
Penn State if Auburn wins

If Oklahoma losses in the semis then I'd have them third but other than that I agree completely.

If Oklahoma losses in the semis then I'd have them third but other than that I agree completely.

Initially I thought the same but OSU beating USC so bad made me go that route.

Depending on how the games go, it would not surprise me greatly if it stays EXACTLY as it was for the top 6.

Because I say so and I think voters will recognize that our team may be one of the top 4 in the country, damn the final four. 20-3 since Nov 2016 with 3 losses by a total of 7 points.

So--who do we jump in the top 6? You have to take two of those teams out.

No chance. The playoff teams and OSU stay ahead of PSU. We pass USC and Auburn if they lose which means 7th or 8th.

Think it depends if there are any Blow Outs... adding to the fact that the Big 10 by far has hadadominating Bowl Season... OSU winning big and MSU winning has to help us in some way...

No chance. The playoff teams and OSU stay ahead of PSU. We pass USC and Auburn if they lose which means 7th or 8th.
If auburn loses to UCF I would bet that UCF jumps us as they would be 13-0. So I think 8 is realistically as high as we can go unless one of the playoff teams gets blown out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT