ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt now ranked #24 in AP poll

Nitwit

Jul 18, 2001
Pennsylvania
Next year’s game at home should be fun. After facing Buffalo, currently with 9 wins, our new quarterback will get tested on September 14 against Pitt.

Reactions: fairgambit
Next year’s game at home should be fun. After facing Buffalo, currently with 9 wins, our new quarterback will get tested on September 14 against Pitt.
How could it be interesting when our new quarterback will make putting 70 points a game on the board look easy?

It will be a challenge. The Panthers will not soon forget this year's humiliation. Buffalo is also proving to be a worthy foe.

Reactions: nits74 and 81b&w
Buffalo just lost by 35 points to Ohio

Reactions: dwiz
If you would have told me by ranking Pitt would have been our best win of the season after we beat them 51-6 I would say you were crazy, but it turned out that way.

I can't stand their fan base, but hats off to their team for turning their season around. I hope they beat Clemson.

If you would have told me by ranking Pitt would have been our best win of the season after we beat them 51-6 I would say you were crazy, but it turned out that way.

I can't stand their fan base, but hats off to their team for turning their season around. I hope they beat Clemson.
Win over a ranked opponent on the road....hmm.

It's 5:09 twice a day in Pittsburgh. Always has been. Always will be. That's 51 to 6 for any Panther lurkers.

Reactions: JWB389
Lmfao we just beat the worst team in the big ten as the 14th ranked team 20-7. what a joke of a comment this is
Pitt plays no one and we crushed them - the ACC Coastal stinks - we will hammer the, next year at home, book it. This team will much improved and will lose few starters except Trace which is a big loss but Stevens and Clifford are more than capable. We still have a better record than Pitt and will go to a better bowl - Clemson will drop a 100 on them.

Pitt plays no one and we crushed them - the ACC Coastal stinks - we will hammer the, next year at home, book it. This team will much improved and will lose few starters except Trace which is a big loss but Stevens and Clifford are more than capable. We still have a better record than Pitt and will go to a better bowl - Clemson will drop a 100 on them.
All you have to say is 51-6.

Reactions: auxgym
It’s amazing how pitt improves when facing their putrid division. They have very few decent players, and most of them are gone after this season. PSU might win by more next year at home. What would that be, 10 of the last 12?

If we're being fair, 3 of Pitt's four losses are teams that are likely going to be playing in NY6 bowls. They don't have a quality win but neither do we.

Reactions: fkkkjm
Lmfao we just beat the worst team in the big ten as the 14th ranked team 20-7. what a joke of a comment this is
I think we will be much better next year. I can’t see any position we will not be improved except QB and there we will be better compared to injured Trace. LB and WR are big upgrades with young guys

Reactions: psu2016 and acg116
Ah, but they beat Temple and beat Rutgers by 29, double what we did. I'm not suggesting they are Alabama, but they won't be an easy opener.
Does anyone know what they lose. I imagine there isn’t much depth on their roster

Pitt plays no one? They played us. Yes, we crushed them, much like Michigan did us, but they lost to Notre Dame by only 5 at South Bend. To suggest Clemson will "drop a 100 on them" ignores reality. They are a much improved team since September. Forget 100. Give me Pitt and 50 against Clemson for 10 grand.

If we're being fair, 3 of Pitt's four losses are teams that are likely going to be playing in NY6 bowls. They don't have a quality win but neither do we.

As much as people think they such, they are going to a bowl with a schedule of PSU, UCF, Clemson, and Notre dame on it.

BTW, Like I said, as it stands right now, they are our best win. 2018 has sucked for us.

Reactions: fairgambit
Next week at this time pitt will not be ranked and after playing Clemson being ranked will be an afterthought

You can book that. Pitt does not finished seasons ranked. They will be 7-6 and talking about next year

As much as people think they such, they are going to a bowl with a schedule of PSU, UCF, Clemson, and Notre dame on it.

BTW, Like I said, as it stands right now, they are our best win. 2018 has sucked for us.

How did Pitt fare against PSU, UCF, Notre Dame? Three losses by my count...

Reactions: nittnee
Two of those losses were in September. They are much improved. Would we beat ND and UCF?

Unrelated hypotheticals. The truth is that Pitt's improvement coincided with their foray into conference play. It will be interesting to see how Pitt does on December 1st.

Reactions: pandaczar12
Next week at this time pitt will not be ranked and after playing Clemson being ranked will be an afterthought

You can book that. Pitt does not finished seasons ranked. They will be 7-6 and talking about next year

I don't know why you're assuming Miami will beat Pitt. Miami is awful and Pitt beat them last year when they were allegedly good.

Pretty sure Pitt fans will gladly take 7-6 or even 7-7 after they watched them get destroyed by us 51-6.

I don't care what Pitt does against Miami but I sure as hell hope they beat Clemson. Chaos would be great.

I don't know why you're assuming Miami will beat Pitt. Miami is awful and Pitt beat them last year when they were allegedly good.

Pretty sure Pitt fans will gladly take 7-6 or even 7-7 after they watched them get destroyed by us 51-6.

I don't care what Pitt does against Miami but I sure as hell hope they beat Clemson. Chaos would be great.

Because they will

There is a better chance Pitt will be ranked higher than PSU next week at this time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT