ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt ????

Actually, their team deserved better. Attendance is a big part. Do feel bad for their players. But hey, Annapolis is a cool town.
Especially in late December.
5f549deb_Frozen-frozen-freeze-winter-smiley-emoticon-000590-large.gif

Narduzzi is recruiting the 412 crew. That will change everything

The "412 crew" better pay close attention to that.

Pitt's best year in forever (8-4 IIRC) and no one shows up to watch them in Pittsburgh all year. Then when it's bowl time they get passed over by 3 teams with worse records (and all lost to Pitt). Soooo, they go to play Navy at Navy in the military bowl.

If the "412 crew" were smart they'd all be committing to other schools by noon tomorrow.

Last edited:
Hmmm..... Come play at Pitt in front of a bunch of yellow seats in a town that doesn't care at all about Pitt football. Have the best year in forever and you get a crap bowl while three teams with worse records get selected ahead of you. Sad, but that is the reality of playing at Pitt.

Their boards are celebrating not playing Minnesota in Detroit or Indiana in NYC. I think the publicity would be greater for those bowls, but whatever. #21 ranked Navy on the road doesnt exactly sound enticing for a Bowl game. More like a sure loss.

Sounds more like trying to rationalize after devastating news than celebrating to me, but, hey, you have to move on, right?

They really have fallen to shockingly low levels of relevance. I guess it's Steve Pederson's fault. He just gutted that place.

It's hard to imagine, but his impact was even worse than Joyner's, and Joyner lived in a goddamned basement.

Joyner sounded like a complete and total ass, but he made some decent moves in hiring/retaining coaches. At least for the revenue sports.

I'll say this - I don't think Curley would have hired Bill O'Brien and James Franklin. I think he would have hired the football equivalent of Ed DeChellis (i.e. a PSU grad who really hadn't done anything of note and who nobody was excited about.)

SoufOaklin4Life gets it. Amazingly someone over there does when he wrote, "Nobody wants us.
Learn to accept we have no prestige and a well earned awful travel rep."

Not even Pitt's own fans judging by their attendance (pictures don't lie).

Realization of the situation you're in and your problem is the first step.

Didn't you hear? The 412crew was going to change everything, national titles, big Bowls, espn 30for30....all 5 that Narduzzi convinced that Pitt is It will change all of this...the reality is no one cares about Pitt if you go 25 minutes in any direction

Didn't you hear? The 412crew was going to change everything, national titles, big Bowls, espn 30for30....all 5 that Narduzzi convinced that Pitt is It will change all of this...the reality is no one cares about Pitt if you go 25 minutes in any direction

really the only question is . . . how large a lead can Narduzzi fail to protect?

I'm most amused by their fans' impression that Barnes and Narduzzi actually had a say in where they ended up, and really preferred Navy in Annapolis on a Monday afternoon to IU in NYC on a Saturday. That conversation probably went something like....

image.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
worse than Temple playing AT Navy for a Bowl game :) Apparently a tier 2 bowl. and they were passed over by 3 other ACC schools with worse records. Not much respect.
If you read the guidelines of the ACC for bowl selection, it is obvious that Pitt volunteered to take the Military over the other Tier 1s. The guidelines do not allow those other teams to 'jump' Pitt. I think the AD was good with the Military Bowl due to its proximity to Pittsburgh and the quality of the opponent. Navy is 9-2, ranked in the top 25, and has a Heisman candidate QB. This is more attractive than the other bowls, which had lesser opponents. Some Pitt fans are angry, but the explanation on the message board is documented.

Pitt wanted the Pinstripe, but the Pinstripe didn't want them. It comes down to how well they travel and they don't travel well even in the Burgh.

Sure they do. They ride the bus to UPMC and Heinz.

If you read the guidelines of the ACC for bowl selection, it is obvious that Pitt volunteered to take the Military over the other Tier 1s. The guidelines do not allow those other teams to 'jump' Pitt. I think the AD was good with the Military Bowl due to its proximity to Pittsburgh and the quality of the opponent. Navy is 9-2, ranked in the top 25, and has a Heisman candidate QB. This is more attractive than the other bowls, which had lesser opponents. Some Pitt fans are angry, but the explanation on the message board is documented.

Well- who 'jumped' Pitt? Louisville, Miami, NC St, and Duke right? So Louisville is playing Texas AM in the Music City bowl, Miami is playing Washington St in the Sun Bowl, NC St is playing Mississippi St in the Belk Bowl in Charlotte, and Duke jumped Pitt to play in the Pinstripe bowl in NYC.

Don't tell me the rules don't allow teams to jump one another and Pitt volunteered to skip all those bowls just so they could play Navy (on Navy's home field) in the "military bowl". Pleeeeeease.

The '412 crew' just got a serious wake up call regarding the irrelevance of Pitt football.

Last edited:

This doesn't sound like Pitt turned down the Pinstripe bowl.

#Pitt AD Scott Barnes said he spoke a lot with Pinstripe: “Why they chose Duke, you’re going to have to ask them."

Pitt wanted the Pinstripe, but the Pinstripe didn't want them. It comes down to how well they travel and they don't travel well even in the Burgh.
Ok. So Duke travels well? And Indiana? Pitt avg 48k+, Duke avg 26K this year. There was also a rumor that Duke was going to be selected because they had a great number of alumni in NYC. Also, Pitt traveled well to the Big East hoops tournament there. I understand that Pitt has not traveled well in the past, especially since fans were unhappy with the bowls there were assigned, but it is obvious that Pitt took the lesser bowl because it was better for them after the Pinstripe.

Reactions: Marshall30
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT