ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt ????

The game starts at 2:30 in the afternoon on a workday. How embarrassing is that! The game should just be cancelled. I wonder which minor TV channel will carry it, if any.

Totally irrelevant game for an irrelevant team representing an irrelevant school from an irrelevant city.

It would surprise no one if Pitt played on some obscure channel. As a thread last week proved, Pitt has only been on "national TV" 3 times this season, and only in those cases due to the team they were playing or the odd time they were playing.

The bowls pick the teams to a large degree. Pitt has never been a big travel program and yes it may hurt at times. I see the rational for the ACC lineup as to fans and ticket sales. PSU travels well but really how may nitwits will be in Jacksonville? Come on, the bowl game you are pounding your chest is that? Big Ten did put five or six teams in better bowls that the bowls wanted despite your fan support. Pitt will have a nice crowd for the game and we will see next year how inferior Pitt is on the field. Then again a nice strategy to play as many teams where the freaken head coach is gone. What is that five now?

The game starts at 2:30 in the afternoon on a workday. How embarrassing is that! The game should just be cancelled. I wonder which minor TV channel will carry it, if any.

Totally irrelevant game for an irrelevant team representing an irrelevant school from an irrelevant city.

I have been wondering if that start time is to optimize viewing by those serving in the military.

The bowls pick the teams to a large degree. Pitt has never been a big travel program and yes it may hurt at times. I see the rational for the ACC lineup as to fans and ticket sales. PSU travels well but really how may nitwits will be in Jacksonville? Come on, the bowl game you are pounding your chest is that? Big Ten did put five or six teams in better bowls that the bowls wanted despite your fan support. Pitt will have a nice crowd for the game and we will see next year how inferior Pitt is on the field. Then again a nice strategy to play as many teams where the freaken head coach is gone. What is that five now?

of course, a bowl game with a 67K stadium capacity wouldn't chose PSU unless they were confident they could fill at least half the stadium

the verbal gyration by Pitt fans to justify their (well deserved) lack of respect is hilarious

So here is your post:

You fail to realize that if your coach is in demand, it's because your school is a stepping stone to a major program for up and coming coaches. So it's actually a really bad thing that your coach might be in demand.

It is never a bad idea to have your coach in demand. That makes no sense at all. You seem to think because HCPN is in demand and at a school that is a stepping stone as you infer, like it was for BOB, that we may lose him to another team (college/pro). As I have said many times, we will see. There have been many jobs open and he is still our coach so……

It is going to sting losing to PITT in 40 or so weeks!

"It is never a bad idea to have your coach in demand. That makes no sense at all."

I agree that it makes no sense at all. It's always a bad idea to have your coach in demand, that means that your program isn't good enough to keep him. All successful college coaches are potential NFL targets, including BOB. BOB was always destined for the NFL, just so happened the unjust sanctions hit and the perfect job opened up. But jumping to the NFL is really outside the scope of this discussion. I do not infer that Pitt is a stepping stone job, that is a fact. No team is coming after PN because he hasn't proven anything, he's racked up a few really close wins against a terrible schedule. Teams are also probably scared because he looks like a mad man on the sideline, constantly crying to the refs.

Every loss stings. If by some chance Pitt lucks out a victory, it will sting because PSU should NEVER lose to a program on Pitt's level. But I also understand that PSU was hit with unjust sanctions, and ultimately, the game is meaningless. PSU will still be the best program in the state (don't believe me, see this years bowl lineup), and Pitt will still be little sister.

Last edited:
Pitt fans tweeting to Miles Sanders, of course.

CVpDxs_W4AEiiaZ.jpg

Reactions: simons96
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT