ADVERTISEMENT

PNL & Elite 8 Duals

BrockBronson

May 20, 2021
M2 will be Heading out to Chicago this weekend for the Premier National Wrestling League. This should be lots of good battles with Askren, Izzy, Pinnancle and other top clubs across the country.

Then FLO is having some type of WNO duals. Fretwell was on FLO talking about it. 30% of the ranked wrestlers in the country will be there. PA has wrestlers on basically every team but it doesn’t look like any pa based teams.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
M2 is looking tough in Chicago today for the PNL. Pinnancle is holding their own but M2 is the best club there. YGs, Cormier, Askren, Valiant and Izzy are looking average

Larkin losses and same kid that beat Perry. Bainey, Frontino, Simcox all looked tough.

M2 is looking tough in Chicago today for the PNL. Pinnancle is holding their own but M2 is the best club there. YGs, Cormier, Askren, Valiant and Izzy are looking average

Larkin losses and same kid that beat Perry. Bainey, Frontino, Simcox all looked tough.
No Sebolt?
Perry lost?

The results are on Track. Asher Cunningham actually won 138lb bracket and beat Simcox. Simcox took 3rd. Perry took 2nd losing to Daniel Zepeda who wrestled for Cormier. Zepeda also beat Larkin. Andrew Christie from M2 won the 160lb bracket beating Zach Hanson from pinnacle. Good win but Hanson is wrestling up a few weight classes

Last edited:
Who put you on their style?
I was watching video of Iowa's nationals matches and I heard their coaches screaming "hand fight, hand fight", "he don't like tough wrestling, push him out, push him out" and a continous verbal bombardment of "heeeeee's stttaaaalllllliiiinnnnn!" I ended up just assuming that's what is taught.

Reactions: Ski
Elite 8 duals updates
Lots of PA kids competing
Davis Motoyka is 4-0, Bassett 4-0 (mineo reported a Tf of NJ state Champ D.Jones), Botero 4-0 (2 top 10 wins), Forest 4-0 (Pin Stanich), Desmond 3-1, Hering 0-2, Bouzakis 4-0, Magro 1-3, Manville 3-1, Daegen Condomitti 2-2, Joe Sealy 4-0 (won two close ones), Garvick 2-2, Emmanuel Ulrich 3-1

World Champion: Joel Adams 2-2

Reactions: danoftw
Elite 8 duals updates
Lots of PA kids competing
Davis Motoyka is 4-0, Bassett 4-0 (mineo reported a Tf of NJ state Champ D.Jones), Botero 4-0 (2 top 10 wins), Forest 4-0 (Pin Stanich), Desmond 3-1, Hering 0-2, Bouzakis 4-0, Magro 1-3, Manville 3-1, Daegen Condomitti 2-2, Joe Sealy 4-0 (won two close ones), Garvick 2-2, Emmanuel Ulrich 3-1

World Champion: Joel Adams 2-2
The Forrest-Stanich match is great. Stanich gives him a tough go for the first half of the match but Jax is just too good. Beautiful cradle to end it

PSU 2023 verbal commit, Fricchione, 4-0 with wins over:

-Sibble: 2022 NYS DII runner-up/2022 NHSCA National runner-up, (9-3 decision)
-Murphy: 2x Missouri State medalist/2021 Double Fargo AA...(-2-1 decision)
-Nesbitt: 2022 Alabama State 3rd (FALL 2:18)
-Medina: 2022 Tennessee State runner-up (Fall 1:03)

PSU 2023 verbal commit, Fricchione, 4-0 with wins over:

-Sibble: 2022 NYS DII runner-up/2022 NHSCA National runner-up, (9-3 decision)
-Murphy: 2x Missouri State medalist/2021 Double Fargo AA...(-2-1 decision)
-Nesbitt: 2022 Alabama State 3rd (FALL 2:18)
-Medina: 2022 Tennessee State runner-up (Fall 1:03)
Wow, sounds like Cael picked a good one, maybe he wont even NEED to coach this one…

Reactions: Ski
Looking at the amount of ranked wrestlers who had losing records, these duals might be one of the toughest duals of the season.

Holy Gauge Botero 7-0 at Elite 8. Beat top 10 ranked Desmond and Kael Laudrison. He was 6-1 last weekend (only loss to Basset). Desmond finished 4-3 on the weekend

Notre Dame GP is getting a good one with Bouzakis. I see he went 7-0 and beat some top ranked guys.

Forest and Basset both 7-0. They both had all bonus point wins. Might be two of the most impressive freshmen on the same team in years

Manville 5-2 which is better than his last few weekends. Watching him and Gilcher now. That kid from Michigan looks big on FLO.

surprising results of ranked wrestlers-
Kody Routledge was a fargo champ and went 1-6. Joel Adams 4-3, Voinovich 2-5, Herring 0-3, Condomitti 3-4, Garvick 3-4, Verrette 3-4, Dillon Campbell 3-4, Brady Roark 0-7, Hickman 0-7, Margo 2-5, Price 1-4

Reactions: danoftw and zzs006
Looking at the amount of ranked wrestlers who had losing records, these duals might be one of the toughest duals of the season.

Holy Gauge Botero 7-0 at Elite 8. Beat top 10 ranked Desmond and Kael Laudrison. He was 6-1 last weekend (only loss to Basset). Desmond finished 4-3 on the weekend

Notre Dame GP is getting a good one with Bouzakis. I see he went 7-0 and beat some top ranked guys.

Forest and Basset both 7-0. They both had all bonus point wins. Might be two of the most impressive freshmen on the same team in years

Manville 5-2 which is better than his last few weekends. Watching him and Gilcher now. That kid from Michigan looks big on FLO.

surprising results of ranked wrestlers-
Kody Routledge was a fargo champ and went 1-6. Joel Adams 4-3, Voinovich 2-5, Herring 0-3, Condomitti 3-4, Garvick 3-4, Verrette 3-4, Dillon Campbell 3-4, Brady Roark 0-7, Hickman 0-7, Margo 2-5, Price 1-4
Jax Forrest is pretty incredible. Pinned number4 Stanich and majored number 6 Gorman. My biggest surprise was definitely Joel Adams. He is definitely better in the international styles but he is still very good in folk and losing 3 times was pretty shocking

I just watched that match with Forest and Stanich. Dang is Forest funky. He gets out of stuff no one can. He has special skills

Reactions: zzs006
I just watched that match with Forest and Stanich. Dang is Forest funky. He gets out of stuff no one can. He has special skills
That’s a really fun match. Forrest comes close with his shrug-throw-by about 5 times but Stanich is good and scrambles out. Forrest’s length comes into play at the end though with the cradle and put him away. Great match

ADVERTISEMENT