ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Abdul Carter

Should Abdul Carter get most of his snaps at DE or LB?

• Total voters
LB is best for us and how I voted but it might be a hard sell to him if he's thinking NFL future

Weird question as I thought he was the best player we had on the defensive side of the ball today. It feels like he gets held on every play.

Outside of 3rd down position-less blitzing, when did he play LB today?

He was at DE, other than those Prowler style blitz schemes, all day.

Edge is where the money is and I think he believes he can excel there--doesn't make him right but I don't believe he'll be thrilled playing LB

I think the staff wanted to move him just as much as Abdul desired to do so.

Our defense has holes, but I'm not sure Carter alone can fix either position group. BG seemingly took a page from Ole Miss and got rid of the ball quick and spot specific. When a QB gets hot, that is tough to defend.

Reactions: PSU4U
I think the staff wanted to move him just as much as Abdul desired to do so.

Our defense has holes, but I'm not sure Carter alone can fix either position group. BG seemingly took a page from Ole Miss and got rid of the ball quick and spot specific. When a QB gets hot, that is tough to defend.
Obviously the 4-2-5 is not a cure all and at times can be a big liability. I have never liked it as a base defense and with PS's talent at LB prefer the 4-3-4. I know we are a little thin on the depth chart at LB but still would make that my base defense with Rojas's ability to run would drop him back into coverage as needed.

Reactions: lazydave841
It’s obvious LB, but I think Carter is looking at dollars DE in the NFL pays but I don’t see him being successful at DE to get there

Teams are basically having tackle protect only outside speed rush from Carter. If he comes inside, he's being doubled on most plays. If almost any tackle only has to worry about his outside it makes it pretty easy. Carter doesn't seem to have developed that rip and bend move that rushers like Chop use to cut the corner and get by the tackle on the outside.

It does us no good to have him run behind the QB no matter how quickly he gets there

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT