Poll: Trump leads 2024 Republican field with DeSantis in distant second

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
It will be good to restore America to some level of dignity. Making America Dignified Again....

Trump 2024... lol...

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...ublican-field-with-desantis-in-distant-second

Former President Trump dominates the field of potential contenders for the 2024 Republican presidential nod, but Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is an early favorite for the nomination in the event that Trump doesn’t run again, according to a new Harvard CAPS/Harris poll shared exclusively with The Hill.

In a hypothetical eight-person GOP presidential primary, Trump holds a clear edge, garnering 57 percent support among Republican voters. DeSantis and former Vice President Mike Pence are nearly deadlocked at 12 percent and 11 percent, respectively. No other would-be candidate tested in the poll registers double-digit support.

Should Trump forgo another campaign for the White House, however, DeSantis would supplant him as the frontrunner. The Florida governor scores 30 percent support in a field that doesn’t include Trump, while Pence takes second place at 24 percent.

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003
It will be good to restore America to some level of dignity. Making America Dignified Again....

Trump 2024... lol...

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...ublican-field-with-desantis-in-distant-second

Former President Trump dominates the field of potential contenders for the 2024 Republican presidential nod, but Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is an early favorite for the nomination in the event that Trump doesn’t run again, according to a new Harvard CAPS/Harris poll shared exclusively with The Hill.

In a hypothetical eight-person GOP presidential primary, Trump holds a clear edge, garnering 57 percent support among Republican voters. DeSantis and former Vice President Mike Pence are nearly deadlocked at 12 percent and 11 percent, respectively. No other would-be candidate tested in the poll registers double-digit support.

Should Trump forgo another campaign for the White House, however, DeSantis would supplant him as the frontrunner. The Florida governor scores 30 percent support in a field that doesn’t include Trump, while Pence takes second place at 24 percent.

Unfortunately, Trump will be your candidate if he chooses to run. It’s his party

HartfordLlion

Sep 28, 2001
I believe that if Trump is the nominee, he'll get rolled by Corey Booker. New blood needed.

Corey Booker the Dem candidate???? I'm LMAO. He did so well last time around. This is the problem with the Dem party there are zero candidates that excite the base. Sanders is gone, Biden is toast, Harris is a non-factor, no one likes Warren. Someone better come out of the woodwork and provide your party with a candidate with a pulse.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Corey Booker the Dem candidate???? I'm LMAO. He did so well last time around. This is the problem with the Dem party there are zero candidates that excite the base. Sanders is gone, Biden is toast, Harris is a non-factor, no one likes Warren. Someone better come out of the woodwork and provide your party with a candidate with a pulse.
They're dead as a party, they don't even know yet.

Reactions: royboy

Gorki224

Jun 12, 2021

Trump 2024... lol...

This shows why right wingers are often unhinged. How can any decent human being like Trump over DeSantis? Because Trump acts like a tough guy, you guys like hm better? How well did his tough guy act workout last time. One thing about January 6th you can't make excuses for Trump is he allowed it to happen for several hours before telling people to stop.

DeSantis policies are right in line with Trumps for the most part. However, DeSantis is a way better person, would not divide the country like Trump, is not half a racist, is way better to work with and work for, but you guys would rather a worse human being in office when you could have DeSantis a way better person with the same policies you like.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
This shows why right wingers are often unhinged. How can any decent human being like Trump over DeSantis? Because Trump acts like a tough guy, you guys like hm better? How well did his tough guy act workout last time. One thing about January 6th you can't make excuses for Trump is he allowed it to happen for several hours before telling people to stop.

DeSantis policies are right in line with Trumps for the most part. However, DeSantis is a way better person, would not divide the country like Trump, is not half a racist, is way better to work with and work for, but you guys would rather a worse human being in office when you could have DeSantis a way better person with the same policies you like.

I need convinced that DeSantis wants to shrink the federal government.

You are a vile old man for calling Trump a racist.

Joe Biden? Yes, he does appear to be a racist.

JeffClear

Oct 15, 2017
If Trump wins the nomination, it will be a disaster for the GOP.
If Trump gets the nomination, the democrats will unite and rally around the most moderate candidate they can stand.
And they will bring a lot of independents and Republicans with them.
If Trump is not the nominee, the democrats will be divided and will probably nominate a left wing candidate who will likely lose in the general election.
Nominating Trump will give the democrats their best shot by far at retaining the White House.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019

Gorki is an idiot in case you aren't familiar with him. My brother in law is black and was offered a cabinet post by Trump. He saw no indications he's a racist then or anytime since.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
Gorki is an idiot in case you aren't familiar with him. My brother in law is black and was offered a cabinet post by Trump. He saw no indications he's a racist then or anytime since.
If your main focal point on Trump is his irritating personal behavior, you know you are an emotional thinker, not a critical thinker.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
If your main focal point on Trump is his irritating personal behavior, you know you are an emotional thinker, not a critical thinker.
Bingo, my brother in law turned down the VA position due to economics. He makes too much to take that pay cut but isn't rich enough to essentially work for free.
It's funny like that but my sister is very economically, well, let's say she keeps the capitalism train running on the rails lol.
He has a resume as good as anyone's and he beloved in Trump. He was the number two man at the VA years ago, been a top level executive , great academic career, and a solid community leader.
He can see past Trump's a hole behaviors and look at what he's accomplished.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

How are you feeling Gorki?

Since you asked, his "tough guy act" worked pretty well for minorities, the poor and women.... Haven't you been paying attention??

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Well, it sounds like only Trump is running, so I'll vote for him.
Why I consider him a moron. I'm not voting for a decent human being. I know none of these guys, who knows what skeletons are in everyone's closet? I don't.
I want an effective chief executive and no one outside of Trump or Desantis seems to fit that description for me.

Reactions: Ski

Gorki224

Jun 12, 2021

I'm not old bud. And trust me I hate the race accusing left of today. But there is no getting around when Trump's first speech coming down the escalator is "Mexicans are rapist." The way he said that clearly implied the majority of Mexicans are rapist. Then he can't even apologize to Central Park 5 who he condemned. I just call a spade a spade.

You guys like Trump because he is acts tough. What good did it do in bringing the country together? The govt. is always going to be around. Any republican will shrink the federal govt. more than a dem. At least with DeSantis half the country wouldn't be filled with hatred.

Reactions: dailybuck777

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
I'm not old bud. And trust me I hate the race accusing left of today. But there is no getting around when Trump's first speech coming down the escalator is "Mexicans are rapist." The way he said that clearly implied the majority of Mexicans are rapist. Then he can't even apologize to Central Park 5 who he condemned. I just call a spade a spade.

You guys like Trump because he is acts tough. What good did it do in bringing the country together? The govt. is always going to be around. Any republican will shrink the federal govt. more than a dem. At least with DeSantis half the country wouldn't be filled with hatred.
Country can’t be brought together.

No chance.

Your side destroyed the culture with false accusations of racism.

Gorki224

Jun 12, 2021
Why I consider him a moron. I'm not voting for a decent human being. I know none of these guys, who knows what skeletons are in everyone's closet? I don't.
I want an effective chief executive and no one outside of Trump or Desantis seems to fit that description for me.

Yeah that makes sense. People do know what's skeletons are in Trumps closet and the person he is. So now you want to go with assuming everyone has the same bad skeletons as Trump? That is what is moronic. But then again teachers are dumb and lawyers are scum, you have said. Lawyers are scum but Trump isn't...lol. You are as fake and phony as can be.

Last edited:

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
Yeah that makes sense. People do know what's skeletons are in Trumps closet and the person he is. So now you want to go with assuming everyone has the same bad skeletons as Trump? That is what is moronic. But then again teachers are dumb and lawyers are scum, you have said. lawyers are scum but Trump isn't...lol. You are as fake and phony as can be.
We need more people BNB and less like you and Jason.

Gorki224

Jun 12, 2021
Country can’t be brought together.

No chance.

Your side destroyed the culture with false accusations of racism.

I don't have a side. I am an independent. You are completely wrong about me. I hate the race accusing left more than you probably. I have stated that many times. This is the problem with going all in on any side, people become so biased to the point they cannot call a spade a spade anymore. At least not equally. When a person says Mexicans are rapist, sorry but that is a racist statement. When Colin Kapernick compares NFL owners and the combine to slavery that is BS and ridiculous.

The act of the left race accusing is getting old. I think it's slowly starting to decline and has since Biden took over. Bring Trump back and he it starts up again. Bring a better person in half the country doesn't hate like DeSantis and progress can still be made in lessening the divide in the country.

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018

Trump 2024... lol...

Only way Democrats can win is if Trump sabotages the election by making all sorts of unhinged comments against other Republicans. Unfortunately, he unites the Democrats and many independents.

Reactions: m.knox

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
I don't have a side. I am an independent. You are completely wrong about me. I hate the race accusing left more than you probably. I have stated that many times. This is the problem with going all in on any side, people become so biased to the point they cannot call a spade a spade anymore. At least not equally. When a person says Mexicans are rapist, sorry but that is a racist statement. When Colin Kapernick compares NFL owners and the combine to slavery that is BS and ridiculous.

The act of the left race accusing is getting old. I think it's slowly starting to decline and has since Biden took over. Bring Trump back and he it starts up again. Bring a better person in half the country doesn't hate like DeSantis and progress can still be made in lessening the divide in the country.

Did Trump call Mexicans rapists?

Hmmm.

If I recall correctly, he was speaking about illegal immigrants not being the best of Mexico citizens.

And, he seems to be correct. 30 percent of female illegal immigrants report being assaulted DURING their trip.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Unfortunately, Trump will be your candidate if he chooses to run. It’s his party
"Unfortunately?!" Shiat, that's GREAT news! He will get his ass handed to him in the general in the unlikely event he manages to win the GOP nomination.

Gorki224

Jun 12, 2021

Hmmm.

If I recall correctly, he was speaking about illegal immigrants not being the best of Mexico citizens.

And, he seems to be correct. 30 percent of female illegal immigrants report being assaulted DURING their trip.

You recall and spin things how you want. Trump did call Mexicans rapist and said I assume some are good people. So yes he did indeed call Mexicans rapist implying most of them are, not 30% which is only accounts for border crossings. I'm sure it's less than 30% through the entire country.

This is the difference between me and you. I didn't like Trump and he is POS as a human being. He allowed the January 6th riot to go on for hours before telling them to stop. But you'll have an excuse for that as well. However, despite that I don't like Trump I at Ieast have the integrity to say he did a good job with the economy. But with you, you can't even meet people half way and respect they may have different views than you. No wonder you like Bankos so much. It's your way or the highway right...lol?

I condemned the crap out of all the riots in the big cities that went on, while equally condemning the January 6th riot. Key word equally. Can you say the same? Do you have the integrity to call out the January 6th rioters just the same as rioters from the inner cities? No you don't. You don't even think knives, clubs, bear spray, nooses, and bombs are weapons....lol.

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010

I like DeSantis too, but I’ll vote for whoever the Republican candidate is. Not because the candidate is a Republican, but because I don’t want ANY Democrat to get within an inch of the WH or the Congress.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
You recall and spin things how you want. Trump did call Mexicans rapist and said I assume some are good people. So yes he did indeed call Mexicans rapist implying most of them are, not 30% which is only accounts for border crossings. I'm sure it's less than 30% through the entire country.

This is the difference between me and you. I didn't like Trump and he is POS as a human being. He allowed the January 6th riot to go on for hours before telling them to stop. But you'll have an excuse for that as well. However, despite that I don't like Trump I at Ieast have the integrity to say he did a good job with the economy. But with you, you can't even meet people half way and respect they may have different views than you. No wonder you like Bankos so much. It's your way or the highway right...lol?

I condemned the crap out of all the riots in the big cities that went on, while equally condemning the January 6th riot. Key word equally. Can you say the same? Do you have the integrity to call out the January 6th rioters just the same as rioters from the inner cities? No you don't. You don't even think knives, clubs, bear spray, nooses, and bombs are weapons....lol.

Go check again.

Trump was clearly referring to the illegal immigrants.

And appears to be right.

john4psu

Sep 7, 2003
I5Fbs5p.jpg

Reactions: Ski

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019

Hmmm.

All true

Reactions: psuted

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Go check again.

Trump was clearly referring to the illegal immigrants.

And appears to be right.
Human trafficking is a thing and the cartels are active in that business. I know people in the border areas of Texas and what they tell me mirrors what Trump said.

Reactions: psuted

Fac

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2001

Why didn't Pelosi send in the Nat'l Guard like Trump asked her to?