ADVERTISEMENT

Poor Bourbon n blues

giphy.gif
Did you mean this?

elias-test-orange-orange.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 82bordeaux
I'm old school, I have hauled in hay, shoveled coal, gutted deer, and helped butcher. And I'm familiar with the lay of the land out there. I understand Culver's, Heilmann's dog style, and grasp their love of fat women.
OK - I played nice with you but no more. And it's Busch Lite - Old Style is Chicago.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Well, my bourbon came in, I had one double of 1897, very good. I bought a bottle of 1897 Old Forester 100 proof, a bottle of 1870 Old Forester 90 proof bourbon, and Old Forester 115 proof. Looking forward to the others.

Well, my bourbon came in, I had one double of 1897, very good. I bought a bottle of 1897 Old Forester 100 proof, a bottle of 1870 Old Forester 90 proof bourbon, and Old Forester 115 proof. Looking forward to the others.
I prefer the 115 proof the best. Old Forester calls it Prohibition Style. Good Stuff!
A friend of mine that drinks a lot of Buffalo Trace said there is a severe shortage nation wide on it.

I am going to Old Forester’s distillery in June, planning the trip now!

I prefer the 115 proof the best. Old Forester calls it Prohibition Style. Good Stuff!
A friend of mine that drinks a lot of Buffalo Trace said there is a severe shortage nation wide on it.
Might be more than one reason there's a shortage...

I'm going next week. I'll see what intel I can provide.
Great, our group will enjoy any tips. We are staying in Louisville, planning on walking to the downtown ones and for at least on day getting a driver for a round of tours. Let me know which ones you liked and any restaurant tips. Should these stay in the Bourbon thread or move to travel tips?

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Great, our group will enjoy any tips. We are staying in Louisville, planning on walking to the downtown ones and for at least on day getting a driver for a round of tours. Let me know which ones you liked and any restaurant tips. Should these stay in the Bourbon thread or move to travel tips?
Bardstown, KY, to the south is 'The Bourbon Capital of the World." It may worth the drive.

My wife and I did a bourbon tour several years ago on our way to The Great Smokey Mountain National Park. Some distilleries charge for tours. The Sarzerac Barton 1792 Distillery tour was free then.

Also, you can visit one of Abe Lincoln's boyhood homesteads en route from Louisville. There's also a cabin in a building that's not really Honest Abe's, but tourists stop there too.

One more reason on top of the other 100 why PA Liquor distribution system should be privatized.

a9ce8fdf-c365-4c7e-99e5-97026dd8ce2a_text.gif

I thought we voted on a ballot referendum years ago andit passed, but was never implemented.
The problem is that the State Liquor system provides the State with over $500 million in profits each year and those that want to privatize distribution haven't produced the data that shows it will do as well. Intuitively most would agree, but $500 million is lot to gamble.

On a side note, the PA Wine and Spirits website has an open Limited Lottery. They have Michter's Straight Bourbon Limited Release 20 year old for $1,150, and Blanton's Straight from the Barrel Bourban for $150. They also have others for about $110.

They’re all very enjoyable but I have to partition them out. I’ve made a dent in all three so I might go with one in Friday , then none until the ncaas .

Reactions: Split shot
ADVERTISEMENT