ADVERTISEMENT

Poor Tommy Tuberville

LafayetteBear

Gold Member
Dec 1, 2009
He just can't help himself. He keeps tripping over his own dick. He vowed to put a one-man freeze on any and all Senate confirmations of nominations for senior military positions so long as the military supports transporting pregnant female military personnel seeking an abortion to states where they can legally obtain one. As a result, the USMC now has no official leader. And the Senate's arcane rules allow Tuberville to do that, so long as his fellow Republican senators do not object. And they apparently do not object, even though they don't want to join him on his crusade.

Unfortunately for Tommy, he managed to paint himself into a corner on the issue of whether a "white nationalist" is a "racist." He started out saying white nationalists are just ordinary Americans, and not racists. He then doubled down on it and, when it was pointed out to him that white nationalism posits that whites are superior to other races, stating that "Well, some people have that opinion." (Which was my favorite part.)

All of this led to a very predictable chorus of politicians and others lambasting him for his statements. So Tommy is now backpedaling, and saying that white nationalists ARE racists. (Tommy now apparently agrees with me.)

I know Tommy doesn't want to piss off his constituents, many of whom likely fit that description. But he could and should have done better at avoiding the whole issue. Maybe he should have stuck with coaching football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.