ADVERTISEMENT

Powerade seeds released

El-Jefe

Jul 27, 2012
(Not paywalled.)

Of interest to PSU fans:
- Nasdeo 5 at 113 (slotted against very familiar Brandon Wentzel in the quarters).
- McGowan 1 at 120. (Asher Cunningham unseeded.)
- Perry 3 at 126 (would face Van Dee in the semis).
- Pierson Manville 6 at 138.
- Shapiro 1 at 145 (Solomon got the 2).
- Arnold 1 at 172 (Welsh got the 2).
- Mullen 2 at 285 (Feldman in the finals looks inevitable).

Other interesting seeds:
- 113: DeLuca just buried the field at Beast, got the 2 behind Lilledahl.
- Potential Buck on Buck crime at 120: 2 Kilkeary vs. 3 Williams.
- Sneaky good 132 final: Bouzakis vs. Church.
- 172 is gonna be nuts. Lawrence got the 5, and Lear got the 10.
- Possible 215 final: Stewart vs. Pitzer. (Darrah got the 3.)

(Not paywalled.)

Of interest to PSU fans:
- Nasdeo 5 at 113 (slotted against very familiar Brandon Wentzel in the quarters).

Other interesting seeds:
Don’t really care considering they verbaled to OSU but wonder where the other Williams brother has been from Manheim Township? Hurt?

He’s busy getting tossed for going out on to the mat after his brother got pinned at penn manor.

Reactions: SUPERTODD
(Not paywalled.)

Of interest to PSU fans:

Other interesting seeds:
That 172 bracket is crazy. I have a feeling that one is going to blow up a little.

I love the 152 possible final. Jackson Arrington vs Joseph Sealy would be amazing

(Not paywalled.)

Of interest to PSU fans:

Other interesting seeds:
Who is this Jude Correra kid at 189? Powerade is notorious for lowballing freshmen who haven’t proven anything at the high school ranks and he comes in at 2 a month into the season.

How about this field? Unbelievable.

Perry / Van Dee semi is what I'm most looking forward too ... how good is this FR?
His dads had him training with DT along time. He stays in good position and is pretty stingy defensively. But I don’t see him being able to score on Van Dee very easily, if at all.

Other interesting seeds:
Lilledahl didn't go to beast and outplaced (2nd (on a robbery) to 4th) Deluca at Ironman.

There's a lot i can nitpick about but i thought seeds were decent with the exception of Thompson the 7 at 172, which is pre-effin-posterous.

A few under the radar kids I’m watching to make some waves:
106 - Wilochell, 113 - Bortero, 120 - Cunningham, 126 - Bouzakis, 132 - Simcox, 138 - Vielma, 145 - Watters, 172 - Furman, 189 -Marion, 215 - Pavlechko

Can someone point me to the brackets? I’ve looked on Flo and Track and can’t find them. I’m probably just blind but hoping someone can shoot me a link. Thanks

I’m not blind after all…just a bit slow. Figured out the high school portion starts tomorrow and it’s youth going today

Can someone point me to the brackets? I’ve looked on Flo and Track and can’t find them. I’m probably just blind but hoping someone can shoot me a link. Thanks
I don't believe the brackets have been released yet. But I have been on arena.flo today a few times to check in on the brackets for elementary/jr high age groups. Brackets and live streaming are available there. They're currently on jr high, with junior varsity and girls to follow, I believe

HS brackets won't come out until tomorrow morning after weight-ins. My boy is wrestling today, so far so good 2-0 into the quarters. Have a tough match looming in the semi's , he lost to that kid at Super 32 but your going to have this when your 13 in the 15 and under bracket.

Excited for tomorrow to see how our D4 boys stack up against the field.

Caught a few Maddox Shaw matches this morning. Kid is a pinning machine. Looks really good for a freshman. Interested to see how he does in the quarters, thats a tough bracket.

Yes he did, it wasnt close.
Watched a little of it and Perry didn't really seem ready for the aggressiveness. I don't know much about Perry outside of him being a freshman. I am sure he will keep getting better.

Caught a few Maddox Shaw matches this morning. Kid is a pinning machine. Looks really good for a freshman. Interested to see how he does in the quarters, thats a tough bracket.
IIRC he's the younger brother of North Carolina 197 Max Shaw -- who Donovon Ball beat in Hershey on his way to the state finals.

Not sure what the out of bounds rules are in high school, but Kilmeary might have gotten screwed.

Felt like Cenzo-Marinelli with all of the upper body attempts.

ADVERTISEMENT