ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Predicting Penn State to close out 2023 with a big recruiting win

I know Traut likes versatility, but any idea where Onoh ends up on the OL? Is he the true tackle we've been looking for?

He’s projected to play TE
Just watched a daily on the other site that included a review of tomorrow's signing day as well as a review of the early enrollee's and their potential to make an impact.

It was said that they (the two reporters) believe the coaches if they had their say would put Barnwell at OT, but that he'll start at TE his preferred position. They also believe that when he practices at TE, with the talent ahead of him and with the pretty polished Rappleyea yet to arrive that Barnwell may see that his potential is at OT, where is frame and athleticism could lead to a big NFL payday.

Who knows. But it will be fun to listen for any tidbits of information that may come out of Spring practices and then Summer workouts...... as well as the 2023 season which it seems is a sure redshirt season for Barnwell.

Great prospect but what he does in the S&C program the next 2 months, and then again in the 2024 winter S&C will probably have more to do with where he ends up contributing than where he practices this Spring. i.e. does he put on 15 lbs each winter and then Franklin gives us another "genetics" explanation if/when Barnwell makes a position change.

No way, I dont see it. Would be shocked if he ends up a TE.
Well if he stays at TE, plus the other two new guys that gives us about 18 or 20 on the roster. Which means we either become a TE clearing house for other teams in the portal. Or the staff figures out how to get them all on the field at once, and revolutionizes college football with new offensive formations.

Heath Miller wanted to be a college QB when he got to UVA. I think he practiced there for a week in fall camp before being told he was moving to TE, and going to RS.

Granted, no portal back then. But still. He's not even 30 days into winter S&C yet. A long way to go.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Heath Miller wanted to be a college QB when he got to UVA. I think he practiced there for a week in fall camp before being told he was moving to TE, and going to RS.

Granted, no portal back then. But still. He's not even 30 days into winter S&C yet. A long way to go.
I hope that he can transform in a DT one day. Much harder to recruit/get from the transfer portal.

ADVERTISEMENT