ADVERTISEMENT

Pregame with Wino Friday

82bordeaux

Nov 19, 2019
eriespecialty.com
To those that will be around, this weekend. I will likely be pre-gaming at Doggies Friday around 4:00.
We are grabbing dinner at The Tavern at 6:00, and probably having a post-dinner drink at the Adam's Apple bar.
Post match festivities will be at Local Whiskey. No autographs will be signed at the BJC, so you'll have to catch me before or after.

I lower my standards here but I can't be seen in public with just anyone.

My apologies...
2a6ca934-3dd0-4647-9adf-5b051ec46965_text.gif

To those that will be around, this weekend. I will likely be pre-gaming at Doggies Friday around 4:00.
We are grabbing dinner at The Tavern at 6:00, and probably having a post-dinner drink at the Adam's Apple bar.
Post match festivities will be at Local Whiskey. No autographs will be signed at the BJC, so you'll have to catch me before or after.
Still finalizing plans with the boy coming in from NYC, but will try like hell to catch up with ya.

Just in case I find an hour of freedom, can you give real names of these places (or are those the real names)?

Last edited:
Reactions: ccdiver and hlstone
Nice trail… Doggies just down the block from Tavern/Adams Apple and Local and Central Res (really one and the same) are great places for the night cap while the students are at Champs and The Phyrst. Get a window seat and enjoy the people watching. Sounds like a great evening is lined up. You’ll be humming from 4pm til midnight, at least. Don’t forget Pickles if it’s crowded.

Reactions: mcpat
During Thanksgiving someone posted a thread about giving thanks. I posted that I was thankful for what could happened to me . I was recovering from being run over by a pickup truck as a pedestrian.
My family gave me Iowa tickets for Christmas not knowing what my recovery time would be.
I'm glad to say "I'll be there" on Friday, albeit with healing clavicle and shoulder.
Maybe I'll try to make one of the suggested social venues.

During Thanksgiving someone posted a thread about giving thanks. I posted that I was thankful for what could happened to me . I was recovering from being run over by a pickup truck as a pedestrian.
My family gave me Iowa tickets for Christmas not knowing what my recovery time would be.
I'm glad to say "I'll be there" on Friday, albeit with healing clavicle and shoulder.
Maybe I'll try to make one of the suggested social venues.
The Wrestling Room where we all fall out of tree stands, get run over by a truck or ask for rides from Pittsburgh to State College.

We are in this together.

Hope to see you at Doggies like last year. It was nice talking to you and some of the other board regulars.

giphy.gif

My buddy found a place in Bellefonte that sleeps 5. Anyone want to split it? Total is 314$ for Friday night.

giphy.gif

ef191653-8d54-49d9-8f31-9f9e06f3e8eb_text.gif

Reactions: 82bordeaux
The cheesecake or the turndown service?

FYI, I tried to get reservations for the Tavern on Tuesday morning and they were booked. So some of us might move to Local Whisky about 6 pm. My wife is not a big fan of Doggies, she calls it a dungeon. And she isn't wrong...
Yeah… but Doggies has $3 White Claws during happy hour. True story.

Yeah… but Doggies has $3 White Claws during happy hour. True story.

Eat Delicious Food At Our Pub​

We celebrate Happy Hour every day at Doggie’s. Enjoy these great happy hours every evening at the pub or in the beer garden!
Sun - Wed: 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Thu - Sat: 9:00 PM - 11:00 PM

12 oz Well Drinks​

$ 2.5

12 oz White Claw​

$ 3

Eat Delicious Food At Our Pub​

We celebrate Happy Hour every day at Doggie’s. Enjoy these great happy hours every evening at the pub or in the beer garden!
Sun - Wed: 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Thu - Sat: 9:00 PM - 11:00 PM

12 oz Well Drinks​

$ 2.5

12 oz White Claw​

$ 3
I didn’t realize happy hour wasn’t until 9:00pm. But my post was still technically correct (which is the best kind of correct).

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
Alright smart ass, I already got my Cheesecake from HL, so news must be slow in North Carolina.

It was delivered to my hotel!

But I didn't ask for any topping so that maybe the difference.

When I got back home it was late and when I opened the wrapper and enjoyed it as I sat at the dining room table my wife could hear me making sounds of joy with each bite.

I’ve lived in State College 15 years and have only ever heard of 1 of these establishments. I need to get out more.

Ok 82, enjoyed reading your posts and assuming you know your wine. And wondering if you can advise a relative neophyte consumer on selection of solid cab? If you prefer PM vs this format . Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT