ADVERTISEMENT

Football Previewing Penn State’s QB room entering fall camp

not having a second-team QB last night has to go into the top 5 biggest head-scratchers of the CJF era. I mean, we didn't even have a QB that could set the offense and take a snap. I feel so bad for the kid but he was clearly unprepared. Was Christian also hurt for the Iowa game? he looked promising.

Allar looked like he had no clue in the Blue/White game. Obviously, a long way to go. he certainly is physically gifted. Lets hope the staff can develop him.

But I feel much better with SC and Chrisitan as 1/2 going into this year.

not having a second-team QB last night has to go into the top 5 biggest head-scratchers of the CJF era. I mean, we didn't even have a QB that could set the offense and take a snap. I feel so bad for the kid but he was clearly unprepared. Was Christian also hurt for the Iowa game? he looked promising.

Allar looked like he had no clue in the Blue/White game. Obviously, a long way to go. he certainly is physically gifted. Lets hope the staff can develop him.

Agree on all takes and with Christian and Iowa, I think he was fully healthy. Allar definitely needs this year to develop, all the tools are there but he needs to refine his game, it’s why I think his ranking is probably not too far off where he should’ve been. If they were off pure potential he would’ve been the classes top prospect last year but he has work to do. Thanks for reading.

Reactions: Obliviax
Agree on all takes and with Christian and Iowa, I think he was fully healthy. Allar definitely needs this year to develop, all the tools are there but he needs to refine his game, it’s why I think his ranking is probably not too far off where he should’ve been. If they were off pure potential he would’ve been the classes too prospect last year but he has work to do. Thanks for reading.

Wasn't CV in the dog house over a pot citation/arrest or something like that?

Once Roberson flubbed, he obviously was rushed into 2nd team reps.

Just compare how UGA's and ND's backup qbs were prepared to play compared to the backup in the Iowa game, who basically looked like he never had been on a football field before. I'm sure that a lot of that is the player himself, but a lot of it also has to do with the coaching.

Wasn't CV in the dog house over a pot citation/arrest or something like that?

Once Roberson flubbed, he obviously was rushed into 2nd team reps.
I’m not sure if he still was in the doghouse at that point since that arrest was all the way back in June. Either way, yeah it was clear following Iowa that Roberson wasn’t a viable option.

I’m not sure if he still was in the doghouse at that point since that arrest was all the way back in June. Either way, yeah it was clear following Iowa that Roberson wasn’t a viable option.
It was clear Roberson wasn't a viable option the second CJF hired MY as coordinator. He wasn't a viable option the previous year either.

It was clear Roberson wasn't a viable option the second CJF hired MY as coordinator. He wasn't a viable option the previous year either.

3 other QBs had already transferred out. JF definitely should have taken somebody, even if it were a D3 kid who at least had game experience. Heck, Mason Stahl probably would have fared better than Roberson did vs Iowa. Not losing 25 yards and punting from the 30 is better than punting from the 6.

3 other QBs had already transferred out. JF definitely should have taken somebody, even if it were a D3 kid who at least had game experience. Heck, Mason Stahl probably would have fared better than Roberson did vs Iowa. Not losing 25 yards and punting from the 30 is better than punting from the 6.
There is a reason the other three transferred and why Roberson should have. Roberson has the same skillset as Trace. Neither could run the offense MY installed, which wasn't even the full offense. We won't see that for two years when Allar is ready and we have receivers that can challenge the deep third.

There is a reason the other three transferred and why Roberson should have. Roberson has the same skillset as Trace.

Levis has the arm strength to play for Yurcich. I don't think he left over the new offense. He left for guaranteed playing time.

Bowens is a head scratcher. He went to Oklahoma and has been passed by walk ons. Riley's version of the Air Raid relies on arm strength more than mobility.

MJJ followed his dad the last I checked. If he couldn't beat Roberson...

Roberson is surprisingly on top of the UConn depth chart the last i looked, but definitely not a fit. Roberson probably wanted to be here until the aftermath of Iowa. He went from competing for 3rd string to 2nd without doing anything.

Reactions: Obliviax
Levis has the arm strength to play for Yurcich. I don't think he left over the new offense. He left for guaranteed playing time.

Bowens is a head scratcher. He went to Oklahoma and has been passed by walk ons. Riley's version of the Air Raid relies on arm strength more than mobility.

MJJ followed his dad the last I checked. If he couldn't beat Roberson...

Roberson is surprisingly on top of the UConn depth chart the last i looked, but definitely not a fit. Roberson probably wanted to be here until the aftermath of Iowa. He went from competing for 3rd string to 2nd without doing anything.
Roberson could be a fine QB in the right offense with the right talent around him. Think Trace McSorley. In the wrong offense, he couldn't play.

What are the chances CV gets enough playing time this season to actually build on last season's perfomance? Franklin has said in the past he should have given his backup more PT. Will he hold true to that statement this season?
I think CV should play for at least a full quarter in both the Ohio and Central Michigan games. That will go a long way with both his confidence as well as the teram's confidence in him if he needs to go into a big game should Clifford get hurt again.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
What are the chances CV gets enough playing time this season to actually build on last season's perfomance? Franklin has said in the past he should have given his backup more PT. Will he hold true to that statement this season?
I think CV should play for at least a full quarter in both the Ohio and Central Michigan games. That will go a long way with both his confidence as well as the teram's confidence in him if he needs to go into a big game should Clifford get hurt again.
No happening. We have seen this before. Franklin will overplay Clifford just as he done every game since he has been here.

ADVERTISEMENT