ADVERTISEMENT

Project Veritas board gives James the heave-ho........

Ten Thousan Marbles

Gold Member
Feb 6, 2014

James O’Keefe leaves Project Veritas after lengthy battle, and he went out exactly as you’d expect

Walter Einenkel

On Monday, right-wing dirtbag James O’Keefe announced he was resigning from his position leading Project Veritas. This move comes after weeks of obvious internal power struggles going on between staff, O’Keefe, and the board members of the nonprofit outlet he helped found. Project Veritas Executive Director Daniel Strack reportedly told people within the company that O’Keefe had issued an “ultimatum demanding that the board of directors resign for him to stay.”

If you are worried whether or not this power struggle was acrimonious, never fear: It is! As R.C. Maxwell, spokesperson for Project Veritas, tweeted out in response to the idea that O’Keefe resigned of his own volition, “This is not accurate.James was removed from his position as CEO by the Project Veritas board.They are in charge now.”

It just gets better from there.

In a video, purportedly done with a full video setup “intended just for the family here at Project Veritas,” O’Keefe nervously read from a prepared speech that incorporated a lot of platitudes, (real quote: “You could say I’ve seen a lot of darknesses and light”) O’Keefe finally got to the good part. Nope, he started blathering about how poor he once was, back before Andrew Breitbart figured out how to make a truly untalented theater major-wannabe into a right-wing political hack.

Then O’Keefe got to the good part. Nope, he gave some more history on using xenophobia and racism and hidden cameras to make money off of right-wing donors. Then, after saying that the only thing that could stop Project Veritas was internal power struggles, O’Keefe claimed that he had been “stripped of my authority as CEO and removed from the board of directors.”

O’Keefe then talked about how he was a great CEO, and he was firing everyone and making people disgruntled because of how he was building up the company. Then he gave a long history of Project Veritas’ victories as he saw them, which included everything from lying about abortion clinics to lying about the elections to lying about the COVID-19 vaccine.

From there he moved on to his version of the events of the power struggle that ended with him standing in front of what seems to now be his old desk. In his retelling, the two executives that he fired for not sharing his vision of how to grow donors made a move to the board of the company while he was on a tarmac getting ready to fly somewhere. In fact, O’Keefe claims that it was right at this moment that he discovered that the plan seems to have been to oust O’Keefe but not tell Project Veritas supporters that O’Keefe was now just a figurehead.

“Our supporters wouldn’t have to find out” is the quote that O’Keefe claims was spoken to him by his now former colleague when he asked what would happen if he was removed from his leadership position. This is fantastic stuff!

Then O’Keefe got to the numerous claims, many of which were included in the third of the staff that signed off on calling out O’Keefe as a “cruel” leader. This reportedly was litigated during an emergency board meeting that covered hours and hours of testimony. O’Keefe repeatedly alleges there is video of this board meeting. Not done!

O’Keefe says that after he was “required by the board to be gone” on paid leave, the board began pretending that he was missing in action. He proceeds to say that after he was defanged by the board, Project Veritas began lying to its audience. (I know—“began.”) After about 40 minutes, O’Keefe finally said he would be “packing up” and “starting anew.”

While this was happening, O’Keefe was reportedly hiking around with fellow bullshit artist, Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Then O’Keefe got weepy and said he “loved many of you. I never said it but I’ll say it now.” He then got double weepy as he recalled hugging his father after leaving the office after losing his powers. It was incoherent, like most of his speech. He ended by promising to start a new outfit that “will perhaps take on a new name,” and that he would make sure “you’ll know where to find me.”

Thoughts and prayers.

You don’t need to watch, but if you do … yeehaw?

Reactions: NJPSU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News