ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling PSU-Lock Haven Results & Discussion thread

I think the card disintegrates, after about 5 seconds, like Mission Impossible, when you drink something like that.
man-card-revoked.gif

OK....That was a fun way to start the season. A leaping go-behind....a Winn-Dixie for back points and a few Bow and Arrow versions. It was a great night. If I might offer some somewhat inebriated ( Voodoo Ranger Imperial IPA 9% ) instant Nostradumbass predictions: After Regular Season:

125: Bless his heart but I would not bet the house there is a National Qualifier unless he Autos at BIGs
133: Don't see him being anything but #1 by BIGs.....unless Vito shocks us in New Orleans
141: Beau is #16 now. He will be higher than that by BIGs ..possibly high single digits.
149: #27 now....Pretty confident Shane will be single digits and a frequent bonus producer by BIGs
157: The Claw is unrated but I see high teens are quite possible.....mid-teens or better if he learns to covert.
165: Facundo is #23. I see low teens or high single digits by BIGs. Tough weight but nice start.
174: C-Star should be #1
184: Silky Smooth should also be #1
197: Depending on the Iowa result......1st, 2nd or 3rd before BIGs
285: Depending on the Iowa ( and All-Star ) results......1st, 2nd or 3rd before BIGs

Is this the year PSU overperforms at BIGs? Don't bet the farm
NCAAs: I may be a Dumbass but even I see good things coming their way :) Enjoy the ride!

First, it was great seeing Penn State take the mat again.

I typed an entire breakdown out only for there to be an error posting, and I'm not doing it again. I will catch everyone after the Black Knight. I'll do a quick version:

125: Aaron Rogers "Relax". Lots of wrestlers have lost their first match in Rec Hall and gone on to have great careers.
133: Reigning, defending, undisputed, 133 champ.
141: Could be in for a big surprise. Looked great on top, and looked to be opening up more as the match went on.
149: Wow, could be watching the beginning of one of the greats.
157: Said it a bunch last season, needed confidence. He definitely wanted that one and was pumped he got it. Could be all he needed to take a big step forward.
165: I'll be honest, didn't know he had that arsenal. I only knew of his defense. George Washington said it first "the best defense is a good offense"
174: Reigning, defending, undisputed, 174 champ
184: Reigning, defending, undisputed, 184 champ
197: Reigning, defending, undisputed, 197 champ
285: Looked bigger. Excited to see him vs Cass. Closed the gap every time last year. Hopefully this time he has passed him and won't look back.

We Are!

First, it was great seeing Penn State take the mat again.

I typed an entire breakdown out only for there to be an error posting, and I'm not doing it again. I will catch everyone after the Black Knight. I'll do a quick version:

125: Aaron Rogers "Relax". Lots of wrestlers have lost their first match in Rec Hall and gone on to have great careers.
133: Reigning, defending, undisputed, 133 champ.
141: Could be in for a big surprise. Looked great on top, and looked to be opening up more as the match went on.
149: Wow, could be watching the beginning of one of the greats.
157: Said it a bunch last season, needed confidence. He definitely wanted that one and was pumped he got it. Could be all he needed to take a big step forward.
165: I'll be honest, didn't know he had that arsenal. I only knew of his defense. George Washington said it first "the best defense is a good offense"
174: Reigning, defending, undisputed, 174 champ
184: Reigning, defending, undisputed, 184 champ
197: Reigning, defending, undisputed, 197 champ
285: Looked bigger. Excited to see him vs Cass. Closed the gap every time last year. Hopefully this time he has passed him and won't look back.

We Are!
I think we see peak Kerk at that weight - seems perfect for him.

OK....That was a fun way to start the season. A leaping go-behind....a Winn-Dixie for back points and a few Bow and Arrow versions. It was a great night. If I might offer some somewhat inebriated ( Voodoo Ranger Imperial IPA 9% ) instant Nostradumbass predictions: After Regular Season:

125: Bless his heart but I would not bet the house there is a National Qualifier unless he Autos at BIGs
133: Don't see him being anything but #1 by BIGs.....unless Vito shocks us in New Orleans
141: Beau is #16 now. He will be higher than that by BIGs ..possibly high single digits.
149: #27 now....Pretty confident Shane will be single digits and a frequent bonus producer by BIGs
157: The Claw is unrated but I see high teens are quite possible.....mid-teens or better if he learns to covert.
165: Facundo is #23. I see low teens or high single digits by BIGs. Tough weight but nice start.
174: C-Star should be #1
184: Silky Smooth should also be #1
197: Depending on the Iowa result......1st, 2nd or 3rd before BIGs
285: Depending on the Iowa ( and All-Star ) results......1st, 2nd or 3rd before BIGs

Is this the year PSU overperforms at BIGs? Don't bet the farm
NCAAs: I may be a Dumbass but even I see good things coming their way :) Enjoy the ride!
To be fair, BearClaw would likely have been ranked around 20 if the ranking orgs knew who was wrestling at 157.

my opinion. Anyway

There will be a spell in January where this board will fall apart because kids will look sluggish and gassed.
Every season they have a bit of a swoon at some point after Christmas. Cael's just doing what's best so they're primed for the NCAAs. Nothing surprising and nothing to worry about. There have been some pretty great teams that cruised at the big dance that didn't even win Big Tens.

Reactions: diggerpup
Every season they have a bit of a swoon at some point after Christmas. Cael's just doing what's best so they're primed for the NCAAs. Nothing surprising and nothing to worry about. There have been some pretty great teams that cruised at the big dance that didn't even win Big Tens.
That knowledge will not keep the board from having it's collective meltdown. It is as certain as the NCAA Thursday meltdown that occurs as soon as somebody misses a major or TF by a single point.

That knowledge will not keep the board from having it's collective meltdown. It is as certain as the NCAA Thursday meltdown that occurs as soon as somebody misses a major or TF by a single point.
I gotta say if they don't have at least 8 majors in the first round I'm gonna lose my #&#^

Reactions: nitlion6
Plus it would absolutely not hurt to get him more experience now, as he potentially could start next year (with Dean graduated).
He should get some experience next week at Army, as I 'm sure Carter, Aaron, and Greg will be on their way to Texas instead of being in West Point.

Reactions: diggerpup
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT