ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling PSU-Lock Haven Results & Discussion thread

Just watched the Bucks match. I wonder why Gas Tank Gary didn’t leave anything in Columbus for Sammy….Gassedso.

NO SPOILERS
spoiler car wrap GIF by Yiannimize
Driving Mitsubishi Lancer GIF by Namaste Car
spoilers series GIF by Sixt

It was a takedown. Typical PSU wrestling referee bending over backwards to not be labeled a homer.
I thought the ref did a pretty good job. Was certainly quick to call stalling on bottom and was consistent with it, hitting CStar too. I also like that when Eck put his own knee in a potentially dangerous position, he let it play out even though he should've stopped it.

Correction, it was Eyler.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wilco43
Agree to disagree.
My opinion:

Someone cutting weight is likely to have a lower body fat and higher muscle composition than someone walking around in the off-season at or near the weight. Also factor in losing some lbs of water weight for weigh-ins only to rehydrate after weigh-ins for the person cutting. Not to mention any height/leverage advantage that goes to the person cutting.

I mean, I weigh about the same as ABrooks right now and I assure you he has the body composition advantage.
Comparing your body type with Aaron's is not even the same subject material ascomparing Steen and Noto.

Noto looked stronger than Steen because he is, but it isn't because he's bigger. By definition of weigh-ins an hour prior to competition the difference was probably 129 or 130 vs 127 or 128.

The agree to disagree thing doesn't change the fact one side is right and one is wrong. Two guys weighing in at the same weight, and weighing approximately the same are pretty much the same size. One might be taller than the other, one might be stronger than the other, one might be noticeablely broader than the other but neither is bigger than the other.

I thought the ref did a pretty good job. Was certainly quick to call stalling on bottom and was consistent with it, hitting CStar too. I also like that when Eck put his own knee in a potentially dangerous position, he let it play out even though he should've stopped it.

Correction, it was Eyler.
I thought overall the LHU kids did present themselves well. I agree with you on the stalling calls The LHU kids were not lying belly and head down with arms pinched underneath. They were working to their base and trying, they were a tad overwhelmed.

That doesn't change the fact that after watching the TD situation a dozen times I see nothing that makes me think it wasn't an obvious TD. It was the only closely contested match, and pretty much the single referee impact type of call during the meet. He had the call initially correct, but gee whiz I don't want anybody thinking I capitulate to Cael's demands. So there u go, I reversed my call, I can stand the Cael pressure.

Reactions: billrag
Van Ness looks like a member of the Amine/Pantaleo family.
And like them strong and quick.
They were all explosive, especially in quick burts of activity.
But SVN looks like his spurt may last the entire match.
No crude jokes, fellas.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Two nonsensical takeaways from last night's match.

1) The camera work was horrific, zoomed out the whole match. Who needs to see both referees and 3 rows into the stands during a wrestling match. Zoom in on e action you friggin morons.
2) sure it was the first match of the season against a game but out matched opponent. That said, am I a total homer to wish for a blue and white wave through the top 10 finishers at the end of season Hodge rankings? I'll give one to Spencer, and another to Yanni right now (then again maybe not). That leaves eight more. Would four of those slots be out of the question for PSU? Six? I'll call it now, three of the top five.

One thing is for sure I think our squad will deliver significantly more bonus point matches this year. Significantly more.

No crude jokes, fellas.
well they all sucked just like Michigan!I disagree he doesn't looks like any of them we will have to wait and see when his face is flattened on the mat but that's not happening hope thats not crude but I am a PSU FAN!

No crude jokes, fellas.
Does Shane's Father look mad while he is wrestling? Just curious if he fits the Amine profile? 😉

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT