ADVERTISEMENT

PSU MBB vs Kent State on now on FS1. Down 23-15 with

Kent's probably been the best program in the MAC over the last ~10 or so years, and they probably should win this game. It would be nice to be able to pull out a win in this tournament after coming so close against Colorado.

PSU up 42-37 at the half. Taylor with 19. I think he's shooting 8 for 10. He's been on FIRE.

Last edited:
Colorado is a borderline top 25 team and as said above Kent St is the best program in the MAC over the past 10 years. Made it to elite 8 I believe in 08 or 09. This would be a solid win if they can pull it out, especially with Garner having an O-fer in the first half

Colorado is a borderline top 25 team and as said above Kent St is the best program in the MAC over the past 10 years. Made it to elite 8 I believe in 08 or 09. This would be a solid win if they can pull it out, especially with Garner having an O-fer in the first half
Kent made the Elite 8 in 2002 - but that's still a heck of a lot more recent than our last E8 appearance. It was when Antonio Gates was a PF for them, they were the #10 seed, upset #3 Pitt in the Sweet 16 and ended up losing to Indiana. It was the year that Maryland won it all.

Reactions: bison13
Nittany Lions win

A win it was, 75-69. I like teams that get their share of blocks. Kent didn't like the back court pressure, so we can create some points hopefully that way. Man do we miss a lot of FTs. It cost us games before and will continue but it "is what it is." Reaves had a nice putback jam. There is more ability 1-thru-5 than we've seen here in years.

Reactions: fairgambit
Nittany Lions win
Nice gritty win over a team that played #18 tough last night. Also a good game last night against #29 Colorado. I had hoped for maybe 3 or 4 BIG wins this year as prep for next year but a look at the schedule is disappointing. The three worst teams in the BIg excepting PSU are Nebraska, Rutgers, and Minnesota and we play all three only once!! And two are on the road. So if we get 2 of those 3 we would need an upset or 2 for the other wins. Doubt that happens.

Reactions: fairgambit
The three worst teams in the BIg excepting PSU are Nebraska, Rutgers, and Minnesota and we play all three only once!! And two are on the road. So if we get 2 of those 3 we would need an upset or 2 for the other wins. Doubt that happens.

Penn State plays Nebraska twice, home and away.

Last edited:
Good win. Amazed at Taylor's productivity. Garner is a player, but inconsistent. Best win of the season after playing a very good team tough last night. Pleasantly surprised with the team this year.

Davis Z played well, he should keep getting double figure minutes. Moore with a few key blocks/shot alters at the end too. Nice to get a win without Garner shooting well.

Great win - Reaves continues to assert himself and find his game, although his jumper hasn't broken through yet. He's easily the most dynamic athlete we've had at Penn State since Geary Claxton. He'll be worth the price of admission for the next four years.

Why is it that when we lose the hate messages flow..The coach must go etc..
We win and very little positive comment follows.
Smell the roses when you can.
Saw several games at BJC last year. This is a better team. May not win as many games but it is a better team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT