ADVERTISEMENT

PSU needs 5 STAR

5 stars are great, but many have egos that do not fit in with our Success with Honor legacy. Would rather keep getting 4 and some 3 star student athletes. Emphasis on students.

I need a gorgeous young trophy wife. Preferably one that's independently wealthy. Sadly that's easier said than done.

Reactions: bison13 and shifix
Parker Washington was absolutely a stud at PSU, before injury. I think he was a 3 star by many services. While I would love a can't miss 5 star like OSU pulls in, we need someone with great route running and glue hands.

Reactions: ryoder1
5 stars are great, but many have egos that do not fit in with our Success with Honor legacy. Would rather keep getting 4 and some 3 star student athletes. Emphasis on students.
I hope you don't sincerely believe we're different than anyone else. The majority of the kids coming here are coming here to play football. The education is, at best, a very distant second. The holier than thou stuff needs to stop. Any kid that wants an education can get one and if it's truly about academics there's countless better schools they can pick and still play football

Parker Washington was absolutely a stud at PSU, before injury. I think he was a 3 star by many services. While I would love a can't miss 5 star like OSU pulls in, we need someone with great route running and glue hands.
It's great finding guys like Washington but we all know the more stars the more likely the kid will be successful.

In this era though it really doesn't matter. Just use the portal if you miss on the top kids.

Good God, I think you're actually serious. PSU starts out recruiting all of the high-end, 5 star recruits that end up going to Georgia, OSU, Alabama (and now Oregon) etc....but they miss out on the vast majority of them. Do you honestly think football players at PSU are more-student-athletes than at the other football powers?

News Flash: 80 to 90% of CF players are playing at major schools for one thing - football - and if they just happen to get an education in their time there, great.

Ask yourself, how many kids on PSU's roster would be attending college if they didn't have football as their way into college. And I'm not just pointing fingers at PSU - all CF powers are in the same boat.

Good God, I think you're actually serious. PSU starts out recruiting all of the high-end, 5 star recruits that end up going to Georgia, OSU, Alabama (and now Oregon) etc....but they miss out on the vast majority of them. Do you honestly think football players at PSU are more-student-athletes than at the other football powers?

News Flash: 80 to 90% of CF players are playing at major schools for one thing - football - and if they just happen to get an education in their time there, great.

Ask yourself, how many kids on PSU's roster would be attending college if they didn't have football as their way into college. And I'm not just pointing fingers at PSU - all CF powers are in the same boat.
And not just the powers...you think kids are going to Boise State or San Diego State for anything other than "to play football". Some....sure. But, and it's been this way for decades, they're at Penn State and every other school to play football and hopefully reach the NFL

You hear countless stories of guys getting injured while at the Community College of XXXX that truly believe they would have played on Sundays if not for the injury. Every kid at Penn State right now believes they're good enough to play on Sundays.

Reactions: rrdd2021
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT