ADVERTISEMENT

PSU...PROBABLY the most Balanced group I've EVER seen at PSU !!

LAToner1

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2008
The Penn State Offense AND Defense are developing into EXTERMELY balanced and formidable units... are thy STILL improving, YES they are, but they are already pretty good, and getting BETTER...

The offense is balanced for Run to Pass, and can be explosive either WAY! They are NOT dependent on ANY one WR, RB or QB (TE might be the LEAST depth that we have as a skill position), and EVERYBODY contributes... The play calling is essential, because they jab and probe, they don't score too quickly, and they give the defense time to recover between offensive series...

The Defense is much the same as the offense... VERY deep, and DT, DE, and DB... and dare I say it, even the LB's who were thrown into the inferno... with the addition of Koa Farmer, and a couple Frosh, have come out the other end deeper than EVER. The defense can pressure the QB with the 4 down linemen (that they rotate thru a 3 deep), OR can send LB's or DB's occasionally on blitzes, OR, they can disguise all that, pretend to send a blitz, drop a LB back in coverage, and pick off a pass.

All & ALL, just as DEEP, and BALANCED, and TALENTED, and YOUNG of a team as I've EVER seen at Penn State... and ONLY GETTING BETTER.

You REALLY have to hand it to coach Franklin, and the ENTIRE coaching staff !!

Reactions: Ncsteel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News