ADVERTISEMENT

PSU-Only Recruiting Info

Rumors at M2 are Gibson will be blue shirting next year. I cant help to think his teammates don’t use a Cobalt or Dodger blue shirt soon. Jax is TF’ing college kids, how is HS wrestling helping him?
I can’t believe Welsh didn’t do this. He is wrestling little boys and missing a great opportunity imo
Scarlet shirt doesn’t sound as good and is easily confused with redshirt.

Rumors at M2 are Gibson will be blue shirting next year. I cant help to think his teammates don’t use a Cobalt or Dodger blue shirt soon. Jax is TF’ing college kids, how is HS wrestling helping him?
I can’t believe Welsh didn’t do this. He is wrestling little boys and missing a great opportunity imo
Kasak seems to have really jumped levels this year and I doubt that happens if he stayed the high school route.
I know it is soooo early but any whispers about where Jax might end up for college? I obviously think he’s the guy that needs to end up at PSU but I just read about him training at Oklahoma State with Fix recently and I know one of his coaches is Kindig who might steer him that direction. Losing him to Oklahoma Stare would be better than him going to Iowa or tOSU but it would still suck.

Reactions: danoftw
Barr is the one kid I wish would have gone this route. He is on a really good team but they aren’t traveling to any of the huge high school tournaments. Would’ve loved to see him at Ironman, Beast, Powerade, ETR, etc where he could have gotten some top level competition. I think there is a decent chance he mans the 184 weight next year as a true freshman so having a year in the room with NLWC could have been really beneficial. At the same time it definitely isn’t for everyone and finishing your senior season with your friends and teammates while having a last year with your family is also incredibly important for some kids.

Kasak seems to have really jumped levels this year and I doubt that happens if he stayed the high school route.
I know it is soooo early but any whispers about where Jax might end up for college? I obviously think he’s the guy that needs to end up at PSU but I just read about him training at Oklahoma State with Fix recently and I know one of his coaches is Kindig who might steer him that direction. Losing him to Oklahoma Stare would be better than him going to Iowa or tOSU but it would still suck.

NIL is going to come into play with this next round of high profile "can't miss" prospects. Club coaches, relationships, academics, geography, dream school will be thrown to the side for the highest bidder.

Reactions: mcpat and zzs006
giphy.gif
Considering it is Rutgres, more like:
growing-up-geek-dad-dont-blow-my-face-off

Barr is the one kid I wish would have gone this route. He is on a really good team but they aren’t traveling to any of the huge high school tournaments. Would’ve loved to see him at Ironman, Beast, Powerade, ETR, etc where he could have gotten some top level competition. I think there is a decent chance he mans the 184 weight next year as a true freshman so having a year in the room with NLWC could have been really beneficial. At the same time it definitely isn’t for everyone and finishing your senior season with your friends and teammates while having a last year with your family is also incredibly important for some kids.
Brooks is back Barr in 2 yrs!

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Has Kasak competed anywhere? Just curious about the jumped levels deal. Wouldn’t surprise me at all.

I am hearing rumblings that Harer will forgo his senior season and move to his college destination early. Sounds like his family may join him. Sounds like Rutgers.
Rutgers has old man Harer written all over it. Maybe he can do his mohawk again he will fit right in he will have to take quite a few lunger's before getting to Jersey that's a fact

A kid like that picking Ok State over PSu right now would need his head examined. Even after all the recent turmoil, their newest top recruit just got kicked out of Doc B and, instead of facing the music in IL, is moving to Stillwater HS. Brayden Thompson. This is just the latest in a long string of discipline related news out of that program. They are getting great talent, but squandering a lot of it recently.

According to Cael having fun and love for the sport is most important. I get what most are saying with taking the senior year off. I say let them have some fun man. You know what kind of fun I was having my senior year. No seriously, can you tell me I don't remember any of it lol

According to Cael having fun and love for the sport is most important. I get what most are saying with taking the senior year off. I say let them have some fun man. You know what kind of fun I was having my senior year. No seriously, can you tell me I don't remember any of it lol
Hah, all I know is there is no photo or video evidence, thank God, of how much fun I had......

Somehow missed that. Sucks that we didn’t see him agaisnt Schwartz, which would be the only really good indicator of where he’s at relative to solid college competition. But still some encouraging stuff there. Also makes it appear that he might be the heir apparently at 141 after Bartlett rather than 157 which some of us believed.
Definitely wanted to see him against Schwartz but he pretty much killed everyone he wrestled. He was supposed to win those matches but dominating them is a very good sign. Turning kids on top is also promising. Not a super high level of competition but still teching and majoring college kids is good to see

What more does Conner have to prove in HS. He dominates their weak schedule and no one in AA will touch him. It would be a smart move on their part.

I also see it coming down the road (next couple of years) for some PA kids, where they for go their hs seasons. With kids being able to wrestle Super 32 and trials, states doesn’t mean much. Kasak will be much better after this season compared to staying at Bethlehem Catholic. They have a good schedule but being in the NLWC room full time is different.
Well, except for the Rutgers part. Main benefit is qualifying for in-state tuition? Can't be training with that RTC.

PSU was always a long shot, and especially after Sealey committed. But Rutgers?

I thought I saw he took a visit to either Michigan or Wisconsin. Both would be far better options in general, and especially for a Nick Lee Year.

Reactions: danoftw
Well, except for the Rutgers part. Main benefit is qualifying for in-state tuition? Can't be training with that RTC.

I thought I saw he took a visit to either Michigan or Wisconsin. Both would be far better options in general, and especially for a Nick Lee Year.
I know from personal experience that qualifying for in-state is part of their pitch to out-of-state guys, so there's probably some smoke there in regard to RU. Whether it comes to pass, who knows?

Haaaaaaaaave you met Denny Harer. Also, Piscataway is a lot closer than Madison or Ann Arbor.

Meyer Shapiro is spending his SR year in Ithaca. He's 13-0 with 12 bonus against D1 guys. Just no point in some kids wrestling high schoolers.
Shapiro is the biggest get, we couldn't get in several years IMO

I can't fault any hammers going to Cornell, Stanford or Ivy schools. I feel even with Cael we are disarmed a bit in our fight to recruit, if academics are a top priority.

Shapiro is going to be a multi-time NC. I just wish his Olympic aspirations, if any, were enough to look at our program as the stronger path and put achedemics second.

I will still enjoy watching him dismantle the field, it would have been so much sweeter in blue and white. He is special and per the other thread, a guy I consider 'Elite'.

As for losing kids to Iowa, Iowa State, Oky State, Michigan, Ohio state and the list goes on... aside from a geographical imperative, or a significant financial disparity, I just don't get it and probably never will.

Given a time machine and a lot more natural ability, I would have crawled across broken glass to wrestle for Cael Sanderson, and there wouldn't have been a second choice.

Rutgers has old man Harer written all over it. Maybe he can do his mohawk again he will fit right in he will have to take quite a few lunger's before getting to Jersey that's a fact
I envision Coach Harer as the next version of Uncle Tony. He just needs a chain.

I can't fault any hammers going to Cornell, Stanford or Ivy schools. I feel even with Cael we are disarmed a bit in our fight to recruit, if academics are a top priority.

Shapiro is going to be a multi-time NC. I just wish his Olympic aspirations, if any, were enough to look at our program as the stronger path and put achedemics second.

I will still enjoy watching him dismantle the field, it would have been so much sweeter in blue and white. He is special and per the other thread, a guy I consider 'Elite'.

As for losing kids to Iowa, Iowa State, Oky State, Michigan, Ohio state and the list goes on... aside from a geographical imperative, or a significant financial disparity, I just don't get it and probably never will.

Given a time machine and a lot more natural ability, I would have crawled across broken glass to wrestle for Cael Sanderson, and there wouldn't have been a second choice.
Agreed. Shapiro is a different level. I wish and wished hard we got him. Once Yanni gets smart and comes to State College. Meyer will soon follow.

Reactions: Skoal117

Shapiro was a big miss, though just one year earlier we missed on both Mendez and Bouzakis. The year before, we missed on Figs. The year before that, Ferrari (OK, that turned out for the best). The year before that, we missed on Kerk until he transferred in. Two years before that, missed on both Lee and Fix.

Shapiro may well turn out to be a national champ. But right now it's premature to say he's a bigger miss than any of the above -- except for Kerk (only because we got him anyway) and Ferrari's 10-cent brain, definitely a bigger miss than that.

23 - Bartlett
24 - Bartlett
25 - Bartlett

23 - Blueshirt Kasak
24 - Olympic Redshirt Kasak
25 - Redshirt Kasak

Lol

Shapiro was a big miss, though just one year earlier we missed on both Mendez and Bouzakis. The year before, we missed on Figs. The year before that, Ferrari (OK, that turned out for the best). The year before that, we missed on Kerk until he transferred in. Two years before that, missed on both Lee and Fix.

Shapiro may well turn out to be a national champ. But right now it's premature to say he's a bigger miss than any of the above -- except for Kerk (only because we got him anyway) and Ferrari's 10-cent brain, definitely a bigger miss than that.
Cael doesn't miss that's why he won so many team titles! LOL

For sure Cael doesn't get all the kids he wants, as for the term "miss", it's the kids who miss IMO.

Cael recruits very very well, but he develops even better than anyone without question. It is a wonder that our program doesn't have the #1 class every year.

Given results, it is also a wonder how well Ohio State has recruited over the years even before they built their facility. You have to hand it to Ryan in this respect, the guy has been a powerhouse, without an overflowing trophy case to back it up.

It seems, despite the latitude, the prospect of a well honed tan is just too compelling to 17 year olds?

Reactions: danoftw and Ski
For sure Cael doesn't get all the kids he wants, as for the term "miss", it's the kids who miss IMO.

Cael recruits very very well, but he develops even better than anyone without question. It is a wonder that our program doesn't have the #1 class every year.

Given results, it is also a wonder how well Ohio State has recruited over the years even before they built their facility. You have to hand it to Ryan in this respect, the guy has been a powerhouse, without an overflowing trophy case to back it up.

It seems, despite the latitude, the prospect of a well honed tan is just too compelling to 17 year olds?
The appeal is most certainly not the tan, but who is spreading the tanning oils.

ADVERTISEMENT