ADVERTISEMENT

PSU-Only Recruiting Info

I don't think we have any indication Howard is quitting, he seems both committed and optimistic. You have to feel for the kid and hope for the very best.

That said from a roster POV we have a big gap at the bottom (125 & 133). Our strongest 125 candidate (Howard), you have to consider quite high risk at this point. He has the kind of injury and history, that even if he comes back and starts kicking butt, I won't feel at ease until the end of March... every year going forward.

Looking further into the future, even with who's on the roster today and with Gibson coming in, I see Lelledahl as a must get.

As for 133, Davis seems to be RBYs heir apparent, although I think he would really benefit from a redshirt year. A portal guy at 125 or 133 would really help us next year. Noto ;-)

Either way I think we will probably continue to be down on points in many/most duals entering 141 next year.

You have no idea how pissed it makes me when people post shit that forces me to agree with jethro.

FluidRigidArcticseal-size_restricted.gif

I don't think we have any indication Howard is quitting, he seems both committed and optimistic. You have to feel for the kid and hope for the very best.

That said from a roster POV we have a big gap at the bottom (125 & 133). Our strongest 125 candidate (Howard), you have to consider quite high risk at this point. He has the kind of injury and history, that even if he comes back and starts kicking butt, I won't feel at ease until the end of March... every year going forward.

Looking further into the future, even with who's on the roster today and with Gibson coming in, I see Lelledahl as a must get.

As for 133, Davis seems to be RBYs heir apparent, although I think he would really benefit from a redshirt year. A portal guy at 125 or 133 would really help us next year. Noto ;-)

Either way I think we will probably continue to be down on points in many/most duals entering 141 next year.
well if Howard is healthy next yr he could be a top 10 guy!much better than what we have been doing!

How big does this register in the Richter scale?

(These guys are our first AWA get, no?)
I believe they are. Significant hit to scale if ya ask me. They are Juniors, Willie has one ranked 3rd at 182 and the other 4th at 195. Wonder if Cael was asking for Askrens opinion on these two when he contacted him awhile back. Lol

Last edited:
I can’t see either Mirasola getting to heavyweight (weirder things have happened) and I really think Barr is destined for 84 long term with Ryder at 97. Super curious to see how this goes.

I can’t see either Mirasola getting to heavyweight (weirder things have happened) and I really think Barr is destined for 84 long term with Ryder at 97. Super curious to see how this goes.
This is a lesser version of worrying about Micah Parsons’ early verbal as that just gave him more time to decommit

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
Agreed. Will be super interesting. That’s 4 absolute hammers though so it’s an incredible position to be in. Ryder seems like the biggest of them all. Maybe he grow into a Cassar sized heavyweight? I know one of the Mirasola’s is up at 195 but I thought Askren said that was more about just getting the brothers in different weights. PSU now has 3 of the top 5 kids at 182

Agreed. Will be super interesting. That’s 4 absolute hammers though so it’s an incredible position to be in. Ryder seems like the biggest of them all. Maybe he grow into a Cassar sized heavyweight? I know one of the Mirasola’s is up at 195 but I thought Askren said that was more about just getting the brothers in different weights
Ryder would have to get taller. He’s already pretty well filled out as is.

Reactions: RandyL and zzs006
Ryder would have to get taller. He’s already pretty well filled out as is.
Carter is likely here for one more year only and we are going to need someone to man 174. Facundo is a long way from doing that body wise. It's not out of the realm for one of the four to come in at 174. HS 170s to 180s are generally a lot smaller than D1 174s.

Of course Levi could be up there by then or he could be at 165. But he still has a RS and all of the 4 have grey shirts AND RSs available. So lots of time for it all to work out.

Carter is likely here for one more year only and we are going to need someone to man 174. Facundo is a long way from doing that body wise. It's not out of the realm for one of the four to come in at 174. HS 170s to 180s are generally a lot smaller than D1 174s.

Of course Levi could be up there by then or he could be at 165. But he still has a RS and all of the 4 have grey shirts AND RSs available. So lots of time for it all to work out.
Based on both what I’ve seen and heard I expect Facundo at 174 either next year or the following. Could well see 157-184 each bump.

Reactions: GogglesPaizano
Carter is likely here for one more year only
I heard Carter recently say he’s the only wrestler that can win five; I inferred it to mean he wanted to do it. I’m 1000% sure you know more than me about it; I was just surprised to see a post that said differently is all.

I heard Carter recently say he’s the only wrestler that can win five; I inferred it to mean he wanted to do it. I’m 1000% sure you know more than me about it; I was just surprised to see a post that said differently is all.
He said in a live post match interview that he was likely to move on to pursue an Olympic and/or fighting career after next year. But things always change.
RBY said similar things at that point.

ADVERTISEMENT