ADVERTISEMENT

PSU-Only Recruiting Info

Chittum is already old enough to graduate from college, right? Has he wrestled anywhere in the past two years?

I thought I read Chittum was a hawk before he was a gopher

Then I read he was a hawk while he was a gopher.

So now you're all telling me is a buckeye when I'm still able to read where he wants to be a hawk.

I need to check my darn sources

Chittum is already old enough to graduate from college, right? Has he wrestled anywhere in the past two years?
I believe he has a March 2003 birthdate. So he would be turning 20 in spring of senior year if he continued high school.

so he would be the same age at the end of his true freshman year at the age when I graduated college

I believe he has a March 2003 birthdate. So he would be turning 20 in spring of senior year if he continued high school.

so he would be the same age at the end of his true freshman year at the age when I graduated college
People made a fuss over Mark Hall and he was a year younger than Chittum's track.
I'm just going off my gut here, but I have a feeling a big bag of $ won't be good for his development.

You guys do understand the irony of making fun of this kids age….. right??
See the immediately above post re: Mark Hall.

It’s why I like to hear how old a kid is rather than his grade because hold backs are getting even crazier. e.g. “An 8th grader just teched an 11th grader!!!!!” (Fine print - the 8th grader was 2 months younger than the 11th grader.

Whats the irony?
Mark Hall turned 20 in January of his senior year in HS so was 2 months older. That is not a knock on Hall who is one of PSUs all timers and almost certainly would have been a 2x NCAA Champ and 4x finalist if not for COVID and a bad decision by the NCAA.

Mark Hall turned 20 in January of his senior year in HS so was 2 months older. That is not a knock on Hall who is one of PSUs all timers and almost certainly would have been a 2x NCAA Champ and 4x finalist if not for COVID and a bad decision by the NCAA.
I don’t think so. Hall born on Jan 11, 1997 so turned 20 in 2017 just before he won the title as a freshman.

And this birthdate may even be wrong. I can’t find a true date anywhere, but someone on a Buckeye board referenced that Flo said he would turn 20 this fall rather than next March.

As someone who was 17 and looked like he was 14 when he graduated high school, I wish my parents had held me back a few years.

Where is all the scholarship $ coming from? Do you think kids are going there for no $ because they are promised a bag through NIL? 9.9 scholarships is not much and with Chittum I’m counting 5 (Feldman, Bouzakis, Jesse Mendez, Rocco Welsh, and Chittum) kids who are elite and probably get a full ride at other schools. That doesn’t even take into account Shumate, Geog, Sasso, and Hoffman plus a bunch of others I’m forgetting. I understand though that just like at PSU kids go places for many reasons other than $. Ohio State seems like one especially with what they are building. NIL though has to be a major reason why all of these kids are heading to Columbus.

Reactions: mcpat
Where is all the scholarship $ coming from? Do you think kids are going there for no $ because they are promised a bag through NIL? 9.9 scholarships is not much and with Chittum I’m counting 5 (Feldman, Bouzakis, Jesse Mendez, Rocco Welsh, and Chittum) kids who are elite and probably get a full ride at other schools. That doesn’t even take into account Shumate, Geog, Sasso, and Hoffman plus a bunch of others I’m forgetting. I understand though that just like at PSU kids go places for many reasons other than $. Ohio State seems like one especially with what they are building. NIL though has to be a major reason why all of these kids are heading to Columbus.
It's what was said about us, but it seems like it's a little more in your face if Chittum does in fact transfer. I know people have said it's not NIL, but it definitely seems like there's a chance that it is. Who knows. Everyone still has to win.

Reactions: hlstone and fronk71
I believe there’s an NIL aspect, but they also just don’t have a lot of older guys on big money right now. Sasso will be off the books by the time Chittum comes in. So you’ve got Kharchla, Gallagher, the four from 2022 and Chittum.

I believe there’s an NIL aspect, but they also just don’t have a lot of older guys on big money right now. Sasso will be off the books by the time Chittum comes in. So you’ve got Kharchla, Gallagher, the four from 2022 and Chittum.
Plus Welsh.

I'm assuming Kilkeary is getting some money but not big money.

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
I wonder if 9.9 goes away with that latest mullings on NCAA letting conferences figuring all that out. Could be crazy times

This is the biggest factor I think. They had a lot of room and NIL will allow you to stretch $$$, so it’s good timing for them. I’m pretty confident that our NIL initiatives will help in the future, but we still have a very young, stacked team right now.

Hell, we have 2 NCs with 1 yr left, 2 with 2-3 yrs, then we have top PFP guys at 125, 141, 149,157,165, and 184 - almost all either redshirt freshmen or who haven’t stepped foot in the room yet. What needs to happen in the next year or 2 is layering in new studs to account for our NCs leaving. Our NIL initiatives have DT and Ira helping steer them - wrestling will be a priority

Last edited:
Wow now I know how you guys feel when hearing about your RTC’s famous slush fund that Iowa fans love to talk about lol.
Don’t judge us by Jethro Tull fan.

I’m not surprised that Penn State has been slow out of the gate with NIL, but it’s the new reality.

Reactions: hlstone
Just hope we get some good news after the upcoming tournaments. I believe someone said we should get some news when these are done?
That someone was Willie, said another recruit had chosen PSU but didn't want to announce until after the Open.

Barr, Davis, Mullen, Kasak, and McGowan would be a big enough class to make Ryan blush thru his tan.
What was the score of the Kasak Manville match before Manville pinned him? Never mind, I see Kasak was up 1-0. Under 30 seconds left.

Why wouldn't we be interested in Chittum. He is projected 149, more likely 157. I seriously doubt Haynes lasts more than a year or two at 157, and SVN ain't going up.

Shouldn't the attraction be mutual? Zero mention here of even the slightest possibility. How come?

I wonder if 9.9 goes away with that latest mullings on NCAA letting conferences figuring all that out. Could be crazy times

I think would all love to see 9.9 go to 15 or better yet 20. Sure NIL is a strong lure, but getting a 50% scholy and still trying to manage out of state tuition is no frigging joke.

Add women's wrestling everywhere and bump both up to 20. Screw the university admins bitching about the cost/lost revenue. There is plenty where that comes from.

Why wouldn't we be interested in Chittum. He is projected 149, more likely 157. I seriously doubt Haynes lasts more than a year or two at 157, and SVN ain't going up.

Shouldn't the attraction be mutual? Zero mention here of even the slightest possibility. How come?
PSU was among Chittum's original finalists.

If we're not pursuing him now, that says that Cael has since re-prioritized his recruiting strategy. He's pretty good at figuring that stuff out.

If we're not pursuing him now, that says that Cael has since re-prioritized his recruiting strategy. He's pretty good at figuring that stuff out.
giphy.gif

It is almost like he has a plan. Who would've thunk it?

ADVERTISEMENT