ADVERTISEMENT

PSU-Only Recruiting Info

So, you are not good nor should an athlete/coach be excited about signing to wrestle at a D1 school unless you win a title? Yeah, I find the boom thing funny and all but I would never shit on a coach's excitement on an incoming athle

Joe Sealey is the top recruit in the class of 2022?

Big if true.
Saw a post today on Mineos fb page made by Sealys dad. Said the decision was for financial reasons but also said his son was left to run the city on weekends without supervision at SEM. Also made it sound like he had some sort of beef with Willie. I can no longer find the post so assuming it was deleted. Also I won't say for certain if it was really the father who made the post.

Saw a post today on Mineos fb page made by Sealys dad. Said the decision was for financial reasons but also said his son was left to run the city on weekends without supervision at SEM. Also made it sound like he had some sort of beef with Willie. I can no longer find the post so assuming it was deleted. Also I won't say for certain if it was really the father who made the post.
A teenager probably could run Kingston.

I saw this post. Mr Sealey said Willie was going to make a podcast or write an article about him not being a good parent or something. Then it was removed. It was very strange

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Yeah, you get criticized for your take and then backtrack by saying it was a joke. There are certain board members here who make jokes and you know they are jokes...you are not one of them.
LOL you dont know me so dont act like you do!

I saw this post. Mr Sealey said Willie was going to make a podcast or write an article about him not being a good parent or something. Then it was removed. It was very strange
Yeah. There's another thread over there now. Mr Sealey and Willie going at it. They definitely don't care for each other.

Yeah. There's another thread over there now. Mr Sealey and Willie going at it. They definitely don't care for each other.
giphy.gif

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Yep. I pulled the plug on Rokfin at least until the season partially because of Willie's lack of promised content. Poor value until November.
He actually did a podcast right after I posted this and briefly talked about Sealy, then followed up by promising another podcast this week....

We should adjust our expectations of landing Sealey accordingly.

I know it's a Willie joke, but it's also the first thing I thought of when I saw this. If true, big if, it sure doesn't bode well for Sealey ending up at PSU.

It can be looked at as a plus or a minus, but my impression of the PSU staff is that they are definitely not giving off the "Send your kid here, I'm going to take care of your kid and put him on the right path" vibes to parents. They are looking for kids who are focused on the same goals as the rest of the room, and it's up to the athlete to get/keep his priorities straight.

It doesn't ALWAYS work out well, but for the most part, they get kids in here that buy into the program. If Mr. Sealey is looking for a place that's going to make sure his kid is not running wild, I think the PSU response would be that that is the expectation, but it's the athlete's responsibility.

I know it's a Willie joke, but it's also the first thing I thought of when I saw this. If true, big if, it sure doesn't bode well for Sealey ending up at PSU.

It can be looked at as a plus or a minus, but my impression of the PSU staff is that they are definitely not giving off the "Send your kid here, I'm going to take care of your kid and put him on the right path" vibes to parents. They are looking for kids who are focused on the same goals as the rest of the room, and it's up to the athlete to get/keep his priorities straight.

It doesn't ALWAYS work out well, but for the most part, they get kids in here that buy into the program. If Mr. Sealey is looking for a place that's going to make sure his kid is not running wild, I think the PSU response would be that that is the expectation, but it's the athlete's responsibility.
Yep, if your kid needs a babysitter at 18, u probably failed as a parent

Reactions: NittanyLion84
Yep, if your kid needs a babysitter at 18, u probably failed as a parent
I don't agree with you on this. I think there are plenty of 18-year-old kids - heck, 23-year-old men - who could use a "babysitter" at times - in this context. I'm not even taking sides on this one. I don't know the details, sending your kid away in HS is not an easy thing, maybe there was a certain level of supervision that was discussed but not delivered, etc, etc, etc.

I am also quite certain that there ARE discussions had during recruiting that do involve a certain level of supervision by the staff, whether that be academically or socially. That's not bad parenting, heck, it could be good parenting in the case of a parent very aware of the maturity level of their son/daughter - not all kids mature at the same time. I'm just saying I don't think that PSU is probably the right program for you in that case. Which is fine. Some kids need that and thrive on it.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
I don't agree with you on this. I think there are plenty of 18-year-old kids - heck, 23-year-old men - who could use a "babysitter" at times - in this context. I'm not even taking sides on this one. I don't know the details, sending your kid away in HS is not an easy thing, maybe there was a certain level of supervision that was discussed but not delivered, etc, etc, etc.

I am also quite certain that there ARE discussions had during recruiting that do involve a certain level of supervision by the staff, whether that be academically or socially. That's not bad parenting, heck, it could be good parenting in the case of a parent very aware of the maturity level of their son/daughter - not all kids mature at the same time. I'm just saying I don't think that PSU is probably the right program for you in that case. Which is fine. Some kids need that and thrive on it.
I tend to side with Coach Cael who has shared his thoughts on babysitting

Willie has also said on more than one occasion that he will do multiple podcasts per week, but yet cant manage to even average one podcast per week
Too many BUD pounders or he is wasting his time running his mouth about FLO. Honestly though, his rankings are much better than FLO’s.

wonder if his parents charge him rent?

Reactions: johnyt9
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT