ADVERTISEMENT

PSU vs. Maryland thread - 7 PM (Friday, Jan. 7th)

The 165 start might have just confirmed what a lot of people knew. Both Young and Bull have relatively tough cuts. Bull being the first off the scale looked like he lost his gas tank fast. Young with more time to recover looked somewhat like his old self.

Mckee keeps letting him in on his legs.

Mckee with two great TDs to be up 8-4.

8-6. Mckee.
Gotta love the dumb ass Iowa fan who stood up in the 3rd period of that match, one fist in the air, screaming "Stalling!". Perfectly on cue, McKee (who wasn't stalling at the time) immediately hit a nice double leg TD to seal the match.

All our hammers wrestlers have "WHAT'S WRONG!?" matches in January (when they only win by decision) ... like every single one. Aaron got worked by a backup 174 last year.

I guess the Hawks are getting primed for March. Their whole team had a WHAT'S WRONG dual today. Well I guess you can't blame them. Trading Spencer for Kem is a bad deal. I am salivating over that dual with the new look Lions.

I guess the Hawks are getting primed for March. Their whole team had a WHAT'S WRONG dual today. Well I guess you can't blame them. Trading Spencer for Kem is a bad deal. I am salivating over that dual with the new look Lions.
3:08 am? You must REALLY hate Iowa! :)

• Haha
Reactions: LHavenlion
197 Dean vs Makosy

Makosy with good deep shot, Dean defending and Dean somehow gains upper hand and gets TD. Quick escape and it’s 2-1. Dean now with a single leg, shelfs the leg and gets 2 more. Cuts him. 4-2 Dean and then another quick TD makes it 6-2. Dean standing fully upright with Makosy’s foot in his back pocket and starts D-Pain. Gets 4 NF and it’s 10-2 after one.

Dean starts second on bottom. Up and out in 10 secs. Dean spins behind after Makosy shot and gets 2 more. 13-2 now. Dean trying for a near side cradle. OOB. Makosy to his feet on restart and Dean cuts him. Dean again gets behind off a Makosy shot and it’s 15-3. Dean back to D-pain but clock runs out as he gets turn. 15-3 after 2nd.

Makosy chooses bottom. Have to wonder why. Dean figure fours Makosy’s leg and then stands up again with Makosy foot in his pocket. Finally cuts him when he doesn’t get turn. 15-4. Quick TD makes it 17-4. Cuts him and another quick TD with 15 secs to go. 19-5 becomes 20-5 TF with RT.
Things got out of hand yesterday afternoon and evening with the wine. I completely missed the whole MD match. Thanks for the excellent replay. >> my favorite blue bank button (the ones they hand out during the week before fb games):” MD: you’ll need one! “

Last edited:
I could see some refs starting the five count on the leg hold before it’s locked in the crook of the elbow for the bow and arrow

Byers, bless his heart, has never exactly been nails with all the facts
Byers didn't get his facts wrong. He never said Berge wasn't going against Maryland, just the that he wanted to go 165. He already said who the five extra wrestlers for the match and Berge wasn't one of them. I don't think he is even officially on the team yet.

Reactions: Wilco43
Go ahead and have a panic scream. It is good for the soul. Then just embrace what you already know. You guys were already going to finish second at best, and without Spencer no champs and the need for a good tournament to actually finish second.
So where will the brands be coaching next year lol

Wonder if Hildebrand is going tomorrow - if so, that will be his first match at Rec Hall, would be special for him. He wears the PSU unique uni well.
I hope he is going. Watching Max Dean look up and absorb the crowd and atmosphere then smile on his way to mat was really cool. I will enjoy Drew's reaction as well.

Reactions: NittanyChris
The 165 start might have just confirmed what a lot of people knew. Both Young and Bull have relatively tough cuts. Bull being the first off the scale looked like he lost his gas tank fast. Young with more time to recover looked somewhat like his old self.
few people know that marinelli actually has a full head of hair, but shaves it to make weight.

I have been saying for 2 years that the Bull is a legit top 2 "only" up until March because his body can't take the demands of that tourney. The best thing he could do is move up to 174 where he would be a legit top 2-4 through March ;-). Maybe Kem should do the same. In any case I expect him to come up short once again.

I have been saying for 2 years that the Bull is a legit top 2 "only" up until March because his body can't take the demands of that tourney. The best thing he could do is move up to 174 where he would be a legit top 2-4 through March ;-). Maybe Kem should do the same. In any case I expect him to come up short once again.
If (and only if) it doesn’t matter in the team race, I’d like to see Marinelli have a good tournament. Too good a wrestler to not have a better finish.

ADVERTISEMENT